Saturday 3/23/2019 games | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Saturday 3/23/2019 games

Reaction Score
Interesting post game interview with Westbrook.
She suggested there were off court issues, that the coaching staff needed to fix some stuff, and that she wasn’t sure if Holly would be back.

Numerous Lady Vols fans think her and Davis are gone

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
weak blue spirits from the midwest
33.gif

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looks like BYU is going to hold off a late charge from Auburn. Good day for the WCC.

Reaction Score
Offense just couldn’t do enough went long stretches with not being able to do a thing and that’s what hurt Auburn in the end.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Huh. Boise St. coach Presnell and Oregon St. coach Rueck went to head years ago when Presnell was at D2 Seattle Pacific and Rueck at D3 George Fox.

Reaction Score
Offense just couldn’t do enough went long stretches with not being able to do a thing and that’s what hurt Auburn in the end.

That has been exactly the trademark of this Auburn team all year. They are very disruptive defensively and get teams to play out of their zone. That said they are not very efficient offensively. The have talented players but they are unfortunately not living up to the hype with their shooting.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon St. going small, starting Maddie Washington instead of Jo Grymek.

Reaction Score
That has been exactly the trademark of this Auburn team all year. They are very disruptive defensively and get teams to play out of their zone. That said they are not very efficient offensively. The have talented players but they are unfortunately not living up to the hype with their shooting.
Yeah I know. I’m a ND and Auburn fan so I’ve watched them all year. I thought their offense would be better then it has been. But it’s the best since coach Flo has been at Auburn. I just hope they can keep improving on Offense. Losing Jones right before SEC play really hurt also she was a scoring threat this season then went down with the season ending injury.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
From what I saw of the Auburn team appears that they may have spent more time putting on false eyelashes, make up, and lipstick then worry about how the offense may have looked.

Reaction Score
Numerous Lady Vols fans think her and Davis are gone
I am weirded out by this. Part of me thinks that a player has no place to speak about the coaching in any post game interview and another part of me is wondering if she is being truthful or just stirring the proverbial pot.
And if I was Holly and was told that I would be back, I would dismiss Evina, no matter how "good" she is. IMO, she is not a good teammate or person.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I am weirded out by this. Part of me thinks that a player has no place to speak about the coaching in any post game interview and another part of me is wondering if she is being truthful or just stirring the proverbial pot.
And if I was Holly and was told that I would be back, I would dismiss Evina, no matter how "good" she is. IMO, she is not a good teammate or person.

I thought the media was stirring the pot. The linked clip earlier in the thread, she mostly said "no comment." They were asking her leading questions about the state of the program and coaching staff.

Reaction Score
How can You judge a person if You don’t know her personally? I love how people on message Boards try and determine how nice someone is. When they’ve never met the person.

Reaction Score
I thought the media was stirring the pot. The linked clip earlier in the thread, she mostly said "no comment." They were asking her leading questions about the state of the program and coaching staff.

Media is always trying to stir the pot. Look at most articles these days, they are trying to provoke people over nothing.

She said no comment and didn't say much but I personally wouldn't have went there with the coaching staff comment but that is just me. I just thought the question was a bit highly inappropriate to a player coming off a loss in the NCAAT.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How can You judge a person if You don’t know her personally? I love how people on message Boards try and determine how nice someone is. When they’ve never met the person.
I am only basing it on what I said in my post - I don't think that any player should talk publicly about the coaching staff in a post game interview.
And I just love all these "holier than thou" types that visit message boards.

Reaction Score
I am only basing it on what I said in my post - I don't think that any player should talk publicly about the coaching staff in a post game interview.
Never said I was Holier than thou far from it. I just said I find it funny. That people wanna say someone isn’t a good person because of a few things You’ve seen and she was the one asked the question. Blame the people asking the questions.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Frenetic start to Oregon St.-Boise St. Both teams started hot and then cooled off. Pivec has missed several bunnies. Maddie Washington played fairly well early in the season, then completely disappeared. She's got a couple buckets already today. BSU double Slocum at the top of the key and left Washington completely by herself for a layup on one of them.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Interesting I don't think I see this being discussed on Volnation.

Reaction Score
Media is always trying to stir the pot. Look at most articles these days, they are trying to provoke people over nothing.

She said no comment and didn't say much but I personally wouldn't have went there with the coaching staff comment but that is just me.

A kid saying no comment is definitely something.

And if asked if their coach was gonna be back, most people would say "I hope so."

Reaction Score
I don't mind her saying anything about the coaching staff. It's not like she was specific. She said her team has "off the court issues" and that "steps need to be taken" when talking about the coaching staff. It's vague, so it's not like she's throwing anyone under the bus. But she's basically telling the truth.

Reaction Score
I don't mind her saying anything about the coaching staff. It's not like she was specific. She said her team has "off the court issues" and that "steps need to be taken" when talking about the coaching staff. It's vague, so it's not like she's throwing anyone under the bus. But she's basically telling the truth.
Glad to hear your opinion.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
18-12 OSU after 1Q. I don't really like the way they are playing. Streaming it now because ESPN switched to Baylor-Abilene Christian. I couldn't be less interested in that game.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

The constant in the dysfunction and poor play year after year is Holly. Driving away more talented players isn't going to change that. Hayes, Cooper, DeShields, and Westbrook have all been identified as the problem at various times. But no matter who goes, the unrest remains.

She can't get talented players to play well. If she runs off the the talented players for disloyalty, she'll just have untalented players playing poorly.

Winning has a way of fixing off the court issues. Get a coach who can cultivate the players' talents properly and suddenly these off-the-court issues will go away...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom