Sanogo's the star, but Clingan's paint protection changed the game | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sanogo's the star, but Clingan's paint protection changed the game

Reaction Score
Same here 990411 I saw them and others in game 1. I am not sure for the reason but it's frustrating as his help defense would be incredibly helpful if it existed. Not saying we need him to block shots just get in the way at times, arms up. His offense though is sensational so if it means staying on the court then it is what it is. But the OP has this correct it's a huge difference on that end with DC in the game.
DC is just so big all he has to do is stand there with his hands up and its a problem but he obviously does more than that and is only going to get better. .

Reaction Score
Anyone saying we shouldn’t do everything in our power to convince him on coming back is insane.
If after the tourney ends, a majority of the rating services project him as a first rounder for the 2024 draft, then I think he could be persuaded to come back.

Otherwise, unless he further wants to come back and boost his skills, then he might want to play in Europe or accept a second round NBA contract and work his way to a guaranteed contract as some players have.

Caveat: If he continues his pace and we get into the final 4, he just might then be first round or close to it, and then declare for the draft.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I am not sure he can do anything other than become more of a three point game. But it has to be a jumper not the sort of set shot he now shoots with good efficiency. He would have to work on developing a jump shot. Perhaps that is a reason he stays. Maybe he gets down to 230-235 gets a bit quicker and adds a serviceable facing the basket game. He is a quick learner and that drive to the basket and left handed layup was something he has developed. But then he is what a stretch 4 and what happens to AK. Don’t think he is a wing and as he gets bigger he has a higher ceiling as a stretch 4 than AS. So there are many angles. I think if Jordan stayed he could play himself into a lottery pick if he improves his handle and gets a little stronger. He has the best jumper in CBB right now. Spot up or off the dribble. Then AJ does he come back he is projected late second round. What are these guys making with NIL. Is it six figures. I think I covered a ton of variables that are realistic. If one of the three come back and if Newton and Alleyne stay we are looking pretty good for next year. It will be interesting to watch what Hurley does. Because he put together a pretty good team and the got more from Clingan than they expected.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Even if he’s not getting blocks the amount of shots he alters is insane. So important to our defense.
Like Thabeet sometimes opponents would throw it over the backboard. He altered as many if not more shots than he blocked. Clingan is having the same effect. There was that one play on the left side the sm player almost did throw it over the backboard.

Reaction Score
If after the tourney ends, a majority of the rating services project him as a first rounder for the 2024 draft, then I think he could be persuaded to come back.

Otherwise, unless he further wants to come back and boost his skills, then he might want to play in Europe or accept a second round NBA contract and work his way to a guaranteed contract as some players have.

Caveat: If he continues his pace and we get into the final 4, he just might then be first round or close to it, and then declare for the draft.
Unless the NBA is throwing a multimillion dollar contract at him right after the FF, he’s staying another year.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We need to figure out the Sanogo/Clingan starting lineup next year. You shouldn’t let one star go because you have another lined up without a fight.

I think Hurley has some influence, but at the end of the day, players are no longer endentured servants. It doesn't work that way anymore. Ultimately, players have control over their careers and Sanogo would be doing himself a disservice is he didn't explore his options, professionally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom