Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Now I want a 7'2" poop!
1597079608924.jpeg

Reaction Score
I am drunk on Danny Hurley, but I truly think SJ ceiling is Jaren Jackson. Was not a primary option last year at the Patrick School, but oozes potential, and has a crazy work ethic.

Cannot stress how important it is that we got three early commits. Allows the staff so much flexibility on future targets.

Recruits are starting to notice what Danny Hurley is doing and they want to be a part of it. The players he is landing are leaders, and are influencing the image of UConn in a very positive way.

Reaction Score
Just think...about 3 months ago we were just starting to look at '21 recruiting in this thread, and had no idea who or what the staff was shooting for...here we are now and everything's all wrapped up nice with a bow on top

Reaction Score
Welcome Samson Johnson!!! I read somewhere, maybe his coach at the Patrick School, or maybe it was a recruiting analyst/talking head, that as recruits go, SJ has more NBA potential than most based on his size, length, and athleticism, that as his basketball skills develop, the NBA is a definite reality.

Hurley and staff are team building, constructing a roster of players he can weave in and out, in the glorious pursuit of UConn's next Natty. It's Coming!!

We are loaded at every position, it's crazy how good this roster is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Welcome Samson Johnson!!! I read somewhere, maybe his coach at the Patrick School, or maybe it was a recruiting analyst/talking head, that as recruits go, SJ has more NBA potential than most based on his size, length, and athleticism, that as his basketball skills develop, the NBA is a definite reality.

Hurley and staff are team building, constructing a roster of players he can weave in and out, in the glorious pursuit of UConn's next Natty. It's Coming!!
This quote from the Bossi article says it all...
419F4856-8F5A-4CAD-8308-2F1B8AEC0FD8.jpeg

Reaction Score
Sanogo with the assist.

"Another factor was the presence of his friend and former teammate at The Patrick School selecting Connecticut.

"His former teammate, Adama (Sanogo) is already at UConn, so I think that gave him more familiarity," said David. "I think that definitely made Samson feel comfortable along with the relationship he built with the coaches."

Reaction Score
and to think the 2019 class wasn't filled until august of 2019 and the 2020 class had a huge hole until may of 2020. and neither was due to draft departures.

meanwhile the 2021 class is all but locked up a mere 3 months after the 2020 class! love that hurley can focus on 2022 all season long. that's what the elite programs do, they're a year ahead in the recruiting cycle. will be fun watching other programs sweat about filling out their classes from now on.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Was genuinely nervous about the 2021 class a few months ago just because of the lack of Northeast guys available. Unreal job by Hurley. But I think we can all agree we'd still rather have Jeff Capel...
Lololol

Reaction Score
When this is all said and done I am going to have to see this ZOOM Presentation that the staff has been using the last 4 months. None of these kids could even visit and still committed.

The presentation itself is good, and there’s a lot of great stuff to promote. But, what they’ve gotten good at is focusing on what a player really wants and figuring that out without in-person visits. It’s a lot of listening and relating. Samson is a product of the SEED Project and is just a mature, well-rounded guy. Yes, he was obviously interested in the basketball part of UConn, but he was also impressed by the mentoring and education that goes on off the court. Jordan appreciates the loyalty, and his coaches did a great job of selling Hurley and the rest of the staff to him. Once he bought in to be a part of all this, it was a lock. Rahsool wanted to know, aside from the basketball part, if he could feel comfortable with his coaches, if they got his personality and he got them. That all comes through conversation.

At one point, when it seemed like normal visits could maybe happen in the Fall, they approached the ‘21 class in one way- in contact but no pressure, can’t wait to get you in for a visit, etc. When it became clear that wasn’t happening, they went all in on a handful of guys and were able to balance pushing for a commitment and letting guys go at their own pace. Every coaching staff has had to adjust over the last few months, and some are better at it than others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer