S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 33 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder if Kamilla will take player interviews this season. I don't recall her taking questions after games or before events and I always wondered if that was intentional because of a lack of confidence in her English skills.

She's shy

Reaction Score
KK Arnold committed to UConn in November 2021.
Creature’s off by a year. Emma Risch and KK were in Columbia on 6/26/21. That birdie announcement dropped the next day.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Creature’s off by a year. Emma Risch and KK were in Columbia on 6/26/21. That birdie announcement dropped the next day.
And on July 1, 2021 KK released a top 12. I don't follow the birdies but thinking it was KK doesn't make sense.

Reaction Score
Whats Kamilla saying? You think she is being cocky after the win over Team USA ?

I found myself pulling more for Brazil yesterday. Was wanting to see Cardoso to impose herself over Team USA’s frontcourt. :p

I’m sure she’s not totally comfortable being the upfront mouthpiece of a team giving English is not her natural language. But with Boston, Cooke, and Beal she didn’t need to be. We should definitely see more from her talking to media. The best spokesperson on this team is Breezy. She’s a total natural in front of a microphone.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I found myself pulling more for Brazil yesterday. Was wanting to see Cardoso to impose herself over Team USA’s frontcourt. :p

I’m sure she’s not totally comfortable being the upfront mouthpiece of a team giving English is not her natural language. But with Boston, Cooke, and Beal she didn’t need to be. We should definitely see more from her talking to media. The best spokesperson on this team is Breezy. She’s a total natural in front of a microphone.

Should we start looking into Columbia to Sao Paulo fights for you? :rolleyes::eek:

Reaction Score
And on July 1, 2021 KK released a top 12. I don't follow the birdies but thinking it was KK doesn't make sense.
She had just visited . Its just my hunch because somebody committed to us June 2021 but did not go public.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She had just visited . Its just my hunch because somebody committed to us June 2021 but did not go public.
It would sure be weird to go from being a birdie to announcing a top 12 four days later. Therein lies one of the problems with the birdie thing. It leads to needless and potentially inaccurate speculation about a kid making an important decision. Here you are 2 years later speculating about a UConn player on a UConn message board.

Reaction Score
I’m expecting great things from Raven and Kamila. Pao Pao is a good addition, and the supporting cast looks really solid. But I think this is Raven’s year. It’ll be up to her and Kamila to carry the team as far as it can go.

Reaction Score
I’m expecting great things from Raven and Kamila. Pao Pao is a good addition, and the supporting cast looks really solid. But I think this is Raven’s year. It’ll be up to her and Kamila to carry the team as far as it can go.
Agreed about Raven and Kamilla…but also I’m expecting Pao Pao to produce a lot. She had a really cold streak last year which unfortunately contributed to Oregon’s losing streak, but in general she is a terrific player.

I expect her and Raven to share PG duties, they can both run an offense.

Reaction Score
Cardoso was ridiculously productive in her minutes and will get more of them, more touches, and should have better spacing.

Her whole body language is different now. She's primed for a huge year.

Reaction Score
I think we're going to surprise a lot of people next season.
I don’t know how many games SC will not be the favorite this season, maybe 3-5 times. So the expectations are still there, I just seem to feel this team is going to need some time to find their best self, and the schedule is loaded. Would not surprise me if they take some lumps early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom