Rudi Williams Top 8

Reaction Score
Closer look at his game

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 12.26.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 12.26.59 PM.png
    186.7 KB · Views: 230
Reaction Score
Hawkins is 185 pounds (started last season at 170) so you're wrong there. And yes, there is an additional starting spot if you slide Hawkins to the 3 and Jackson to the 4. Jackson is a point forward at this point. He can play the 4 because he's an elite defender. Who cares if he is slightly undersized, he's the best athlete on the floor every single night. He can guard anyone
Came to make the anyone but Teddy Allen comment but @CTBasketball had it covered!

Reaction Score
since this guy is a CG would bringing him in foreclose a castle reclass? i dont think he's on the same level as hunter or shannon, so wouldnt be excited about going all in with a small ball starting lineup.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Well, we just got a guy from Eastern Carolina, that’s pretty much the same school so…

Once we've got Coastal Carolina and Eastern Carolina, we'll need Central Carolina and Western Carolina.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Once we've got Coastal Carolina and Eastern Carolina, we'll need Central Carolina and Western Carolina.
My kid went to Coastal Carolina. I've lived near the coast in southeastern South Carolina. After graduating my son moved to Central North Carolina. My brother lives in northern South Carolina and I now live in Western North Carolina.

Yet whenever a storm approaches any of these areas meteorologists invariably say the storm will impact the Carolinas.

Reaction Score
He needs to be treated as a Plan A even if he may be technically behind Ramy on the priority list. We only have 8 guys on scholarship currently and only 2 of them are guards...one of which is probably more suited for the 3 in today's college game. We have big minutes available for two guards right now.

Speaking of Ramy, what's going on with him? Do we have a visit set up yet?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Speaking of Ramy, what's going on with him? Do we have a visit set up yet?
Testing NBA waters but did poorly in Portsmouth Invitational. So most likely will be available in transfer portal.

And this Portsmouth is in Virginia not New Hampshire FYI!

Reaction Score
If we wanted to go full Coastal on our transfer strategy, Rudi Williams' teammate, Ebrima Dibba, hit the portal just now.

Due to my general awe over Cliff Ellis, and his quest for 900 wins, I've watched a few Coastal Carolina games over the last few years. Dibba a 6'6 205 three-and-D point forward from Sweden. Last season, he averaged 8.1p, 4.8r, 5.4a, 1.3s with a 48.1 2p%, 34.4 3p%, 80.2 ft%. Dude has great energy and an infectious zest.

Between Newton, Jackson and Dibba, we'd have a lot of length and size in our distributors! :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we wanted to go full Coastal on our transfer strategy, Rudi Williams' teammate, Ebrima Dibba, hit the portal just now.

Due to my general awe over Cliff Ellis, and his quest for 900 wins, I've watched a few Coastal Carolina games over the last few years. Dibba a 6'6 205 three-and-D point forward from Sweden. Last season, he averaged 8.1p, 4.8r, 5.4a, 1.3s with a 48.1 2p%, 34.4 3p%, 80.2 ft%. Between Newton, Jackson and Dibba, we'd have a lot of length and size in our distributors! :D

I had no idea he was still coaching. Frankly, I didn’t know he was still alive. And I’m shocked that he was a year older than I am now during the dream season loss. I thought he was an old man then.

Reaction Score
My kid went to Coastal Carolina. I've lived near the coast in southeastern South Carolina. After graduating my son moved to Central North Carolina. My brother lives in northern South Carolina and I now live in Western North Carolina.

Yet whenever a storm approaches any of these areas meteorologists invariably say the storm will impact the Carolinas.

Where in western nc? Fiance grew up right on the GA border

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Where in western nc? Fiance grew up right on the GA border
IIR your fiancé grew up in Silva.

We moved to South Asheville in 2016. I remember your review of this city. However it works out wonderfully for my wife and me.

We enjoyed rural living in Goshen Ct. for twenty years. At this stage of our lives the easy access to everything is preferable but if we were younger I’d prefer a more rural setting.

The weather is wonderful (we like the change of seasons) and the scenery is why this area has unfortunately become overcrowded. It probably will get a lot worse. Pratt is building a plant to make turbines for jet engines. Should be a game changer for Asheville in a similar manner BMW was for Greenville SC and Boeing was for Charleston SC.

Reaction Score
IIR your fiancé grew up in Silva.

We moved to South Asheville in 2016. I remember your review of this city. However it works out wonderfully for my wife and me.

We enjoyed rural living in Goshen Ct. for twenty years. At this stage of our lives the easy access to everything is preferable but if we were younger I’d prefer a more rural setting.

The weather is wonderful (we like the change of seasons) and the scenery is why this area has unfortunately become overcrowded. It probably will get a lot worse. Pratt is building a plant to make turbines for jet engines. Should be a game changer for Asheville in a similar manner BMW was for Greenville SC and Boeing was for Charleston SC.

I don't mind Asheville; I just don't really consider it a destination city like some people do. I like the BBQ and such and the college is beautiful. I'm also not big into breweries and other millennial hipster stuff which is a big appeal of the place.

My impressions of the area are probably colored by the stark poverty and violence that is a part of her family though. The last time we went and stayed with her brother for a week one summer to help him get on his feet after a prison stint, someone shot through our window while we were sleeping. They're the kind of family that had to split wood, or they wouldn't have heat. They ate red beans and rice for weeks if her dad couldn't find a car to fix up and sell. Outside of the Asheville (and the Boone area and a few others if you count them), Appalachia in NC is a deeply impoverished area. Very, very different from much of the rest of the state.

Reaction Score
I’ve mentioned this a few weeks ago, but if Rudi Williams is OK with not starting, he’s a perfect fit for this team.

Some people here want pie in the sky PGs, but with Newton with the team, getting a guy like Williams is the best, if not, close to the best, grad transfer we can add to this position with the current roster we have.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I don't mind Asheville; I just don't really consider it a destination city like some people do. I like the BBQ and such and the college is beautiful. I'm also not big into breweries and other millennial hipster stuff which is a big appeal of the place.

My impressions of the area are probably colored by the stark poverty and violence that is a part of her family though. The last time we went and stayed with her brother for a week one summer to help him get on his feet after a prison stint, someone shot through our window while we were sleeping. They're the kind of family that had to split wood, or they wouldn't have heat. They ate red beans and rice for weeks if her dad couldn't find a car to fix up and sell. Outside of the Asheville (and the Boone area and a few others if you count them), Appalachia in NC is a deeply impoverished area. Very, very different from much of the rest of the state.
That's a sad situation and I'm aware of many similar stories. Western NC certainly has a lot of poverty. Asheville was in that situation until the brewery scene took off. It's now rapidly gentrifying which is improving the city but at the expense of forcing people who had been residents here prior to the boom getting forced out.

I was concerned about the youth who grew up in this area. The change has not helped many of them. Relatively low wages because this area is overly tourist dependent with property values and rentals going up rapidly is not healthy imo. Which is why I described the Pratt relocation to this area as a game changer. It will probably impact my comfort level slightly (more traffic, harder to get parking or dinner reservations in downtown Asheville) but the net gain that I believe will happen for this community (because there will be jobs with better wages) is far more important.

I'm not personally into the brewery scene. However my impression that it's "millennial hipster stuff" is a general mischaracterization. Asheville leads the nation in per capita beer production. Tourists only need to do a little more research to find multiple breweries that don't fit that mold. And the music scene in Asheville is not New Orleans or Nashville but for it's size it's wonderful. The mix of the old with the new that is Asheville and the immediate surroundings definitely increases tensions and clashes between change and familiarity. But I feel the negative is far superseded by the diversity of culture this area offers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's a sad situation and I'm aware of many similar stories. Western NC certainly has a lot of poverty. Asheville was in that situation until the brewery scene took off. It's now rapidly gentrifying which is improving the city but at the expense of forcing people who had been residents here prior to the boom getting forced out.

I was concerned about the youth who grew up in this area. The change has not helped many of them. Relatively low wages because this area is overly tourist dependent with property values and rentals going up rapidly is not healthy imo. Which is why I described the Pratt relocation to this area as a game changer. It will probably impact my comfort level slightly (more traffic, harder to get parking or dinner reservations in downtown Asheville) but the net gain that I believe will happen for this community (because there will be jobs with better wages) is far more important.

I'm not personally into the brewery scene. However my impression that it's "millennial hipster stuff" is a general mischaracterization. Asheville leads the nation in per capita beer production. Tourists only need to do a little more research to find multiple breweries that don't fit that mold. And the music scene in Asheville is not New Orleans or Nashville but for it's size it's wonderful. The mix of the old with the new that is Asheville and the immediate surroundings definitely increases tensions and clashes between change and familiarity. But I feel the negative is far superseded by the diversity of culture this area offers.
Yeah, I don't get this comment from @husky429 I go to a lot of breweries here in New England. I've done that in New Orleans and South Carolina as well. My sister goes near Asheville (Weaverville). It's not really millennial or hipster focused that I've seen. I'm the older end of Gen X and there are loads of people my age, and yes Boomers and Millennials too. Seems to appeal across generations. Lots of people with babies, dogs, multigenerational groups (like mine on Saturday that had 3 generations represented). I need to go check out Asheville, haven't yet.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't get this comment from @husky429 I go to a lot of breweries here in New England. I've done that in New Orleans and South Carolina as well. My sister goes near Asheville (Weaverville). It's not really millennial or hipster focused that I've seen. I'm the older end of Gen X and there are loads of people my age, and yes Boomers and Millennials too. Seems to appeal across generations. Lots of people with babies, dogs, multigenerational groups (like mine on Saturday that had 3 generations represented). I need to go check out Asheville, haven't yet.

Asheville is hipster central. It's like Burlington, VT... but more. Many of their breweries (not all, or close to all) appeal to that type of person. Think... bearded white dude in red flannel that dreams of living in a van or a yurt.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Asheville is hipster central. It's like Burlington, VT... but more. Many of their breweries (not all, or close to all) appeal to that type of person. Think... bearded white dude in red flannel that dreams of living in a van or a yurt.
Oh I'm sure. I've been to Burlington a lot. Just saying even in Burlington it's not just that, or just that age bracket. Foam is pretty well packed with good looking UVM Co-ends on weekends. The brewery crowds of 5-6 years ago have changed a lot. Lots of outdoor space, live music, hell some of them like Trillium have a lot of Yuppie and older professional (like me) appeal.

Reaction Score
Oh I'm sure. I've been to Burlington a lot. Just saying even in Burlington it's not just that, or just that age bracket. Foam is pretty well packed with good looking UVM Co-ends on weekends. The brewery crowds of 5-6 years ago have changed a lot. Lots of outdoor space, live music, hell some of them like Trillium have a lot of Yuppie and older professional (like me) appeal.

I lived in Burlington for almost 6 years. It's a good city, but it's riddled with obnoxious hipsters and tourists. Not my cup of tea.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom