Rudi Williams Top 8 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Rudi Williams Top 8

Reaction Score
Yes. I live here. I sold my house in Hilton Head and bought a home in Mooresville, 25 minutes north of Charlotte, last summer. Great place to live and own a business. The taxes are low, the people are super friendly, lots of growth, weather is ideal. The lake isn’t the beach but it’s close, mountains an hour away. Love it here would recommend.
Small world, I'm in huntersville haha. About 5 minutes from the lake.

Reaction Score
My good friend lives in Huntersville as well, close to the lake.. Small world
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Reaction Score

Unless I missed it, Don’t think anyone posted his highlights yet. Kid can play and I think would immediately be our 5th starter.

I highly doubt he'll start, he'll be our first guard off the bench.

Newton
Alleyne
Hawk
AJax
Sanogo

Or if we go big swap Alleyne out for Samson or Karaban

Reaction Score
I highly doubt he'll start, he'll be our first guard off the bench.

Newton
Alleyne
Hawk
AJax
Sanogo

Or if we go big swap Alleyne out for Samson or Karaban
I could see Williams starting over Alleyne- looks like he brings more offense. Maybe matchup dependent of course.

Reaction Score
Well if we are playing 4 guard lineups we need 6 guards. Currently have 4. Would love 2 of Ramey, Castle and Williams.

Reaction Score
I've lived here in Charlotte for 5 years, and NC for 9.

I also own a Real Estate Investment company....so happy to answer any questions about locations, prices, activities, etc......

Are you wholesaling? That’s what my company does in Indy and I also flip

Reaction Score
Are we certain Hawkins is starting and not the 6th man?
Newton, Hawkins, Jackson, and Sanogo are locks to start. No debate for any of them. The last spot will either go to a PF (Karaban or Johnson), or if we run a 4 guard lineup it'll be between Alleyne, a transfer, or Castle (if he reclasses). Or the staff pulls a bunny out of their hat and lands Terrance Shannon, then he can start too.

Reaction Score
Jumping into this thread very late:

Is there room for both this guy and Castle as the 4th/5th guard (behind Newton, Hawkins, and Alleyne), or is this an either/or scenario?

Reaction Score

Is there room for both this guy and Castle as the 4th/5th guard (behind Newton, Hawkins, and Alleyne), or is this an either/or scenario?
Nothing confirmed from people with actual insight but consensus seems to be an either or where we'll have room for 1 more guard to get 15-20 minutes but not 2

Reaction Score

How good Samson is will have a big impact on whether we have room for another guard (ie whether we start 2 or 3 guards + Jackson). Hurley likely knows, so we'll see by the actions by the staff.

Reaction Score
Nothing confirmed from people with actual insight but consensus seems to be an either or where we'll have room for 1 more guard to get 15-20 minutes but not 2
This is my gut feeling.

I don't sense any of these guys is willing to come here to be an "in case of emergency" or a 5-10 mpg kind of guy.

So is the idea that we wait for Castle to make up his mind and then maybe take this guy if he decides to stay in 2023?

Reaction Score
This is my gut feeling.

I don't sense any of these guys is willing to come here to be an "in case of emergency" or a 5-10 mpg kind of guy.

So is the idea that we wait for Castle to make up his mind and then maybe take this guy if he decides to stay in 2023?
Thats my guess, I'm assuming the staff has a better feel for the likelihood of Castle actually reclassing so it should be interesting to see if they're still pushing for a guy like Williams or Okudale over the next few weeks.

The pessimist in me fears passing on these guys and then Castle deciding to stay in HS but no reason to not trust Hurley's recruiting plans yet

Reaction Score
Thats my guess, I'm assuming the staff has a better feel for the likelihood of Castle actually reclassing so it should be interesting to see if they're still pushing for a guy like Williams or Okudale over the next few weeks.

The pessimist in me fears passing on these guys and then Castle deciding to stay in HS but no reason to not trust Hurley's recruiting plans yet
Of course there is reason to question it. We have had rosters with major holes every year he has been here and the holes are not filled yet for next year.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Samson has a long way to go on defense to garner the role some are talking about him having(starting at the 4), but if anyone can get him where he needs to be by November it’s probably DH. I do think he’s ready to contribute on the offensive end, but last year he was either lost or bullied on most defensive possessions.

Reaction Score
Of course there is reason to question it. We have had rosters with major holes every year he has been here and the holes are not filled yet for next year.
Well I think that's 2 separate issues. I think there's reason to question the talent evaluation which is what caused those holes. But what I'm saying is when Hurley prioritizes someone he usually gets them, so I'm not concerned there

Reaction Score
No inside info, just my own experience watching. I expect Karaban to earn 20 minutes a game or more. He's too talented to keep off the floor NOW. Not just high potential like Johnson/Jackson as freshman, for example. He's the kind of player with a low NBA ceiling that absolutely destroys the college game with skill and effeciency.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Sounds like we have a ton of Charlotte people on here... @UcannUconn @Kemba'sYogurt @Peacefrog @Mooch82 @methodology

Officially claiming Charlotte as...

"Storrs South of The Mason Dixon"

jim halpert GIF
I didn’t know there were so many of us in the Charlotte metro. We should all get together for select big games next season. Wife was getting tired of me screaming at the TV every few days by the end of the season and suggested I go out and find people to watch the games with but all of our friends/acquaintances are UNC/Duke fans.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Small world, I'm in huntersville haha. About 5 minutes from the lake.
That’s great. I was just at Firebirds in Huntersville last night for dinner. My physician is off 23. Always in that area. Small world.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom