Rudi Williams Top 8 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rudi Williams Top 8

Reaction Score
With Hawkins, Jackson, Newton, and Sanogo starting you still only have ONE shot creator. That last spot needs to go to a ball handler shot creator. Jackson is not too small to guard 4’s and neither is Hawkins too small to guard 3’s at the collegiate level.

Reaction Score
Hawkins is 185 pounds (started last season at 170) so you're wrong there. And yes, there is an additional starting spot if you slide Hawkins to the 3 and Jackson to the 4. Jackson is a point forward at this point. He can play the 4 because he's an elite defender. Who cares if he is slightly undersized, he's the best athlete on the floor every single night. He can guard anyone
Here's the deal, that starting lineup is ok versus some teams, heck it's made for Nova. But any other guard, whether it be Williams, Alleyene or even Castle may not start. But the next guard in will see plenty of minutes and when playing well will get 20-28 minutes, there's plenty to go around when you consider foul trouble, inexperience still, injury etc etc..

I am sure no one else is being offered as a "definite starter" but will be a huge piece of the puzzle. And a kid that can shoot it at a 45% in any conference is welcome here after what we've been watching!!

Reaction Score
Here's the deal, that starting lineup is ok versus some teams, heck it's made for Nova. But any other guard, whether it be Williams, Alleyene or even Castle may not start. But the next guard in will see plenty of minutes and when playing well will get 20-28 minutes, there's plenty to go around when you consider foul trouble, inexperience still, injury etc etc..

I am sure no one else is being offered as a "definite starter" but will be a huge piece of the puzzle. And a kid that can shoot it at a 45% in any conference is welcome here after what we've been watching!!
With Hawkins, Jackson, Newton, and Sanogo starting you still only have ONE shot creator. That last spot needs to go to a ball handler shot creator. Jackson is not too small to guard 4’s and neither is Hawkins too small to guard 3’s at the collegiate level.
I don't know why people still have the idea anymore than PF are total bruisers and would bully a guy like Jackson. Those types of players are almost extinct at this point. Want to back down on Jackson? Fine, then when you rise for a shot he'll jump 4 feet in the air and block it lol

Reaction Score
Also with Hurley saying last week that "Alex, Samson, and Donovan will have a chance to play" doesn't exactly strike me as a lock that Samson is starting at the 4. If Castle does reclass, I think we go with 4 guards. Our smallest player would be 6'5", and they would all be freak athletes. You can switch every position 1-4 on defense if you want to. This is modern day basketball now. But anyways, back to Rudi. I think he would be a nice piece. I would prefer a Castle reclass over him if I had to choose one or the other. But he can shoot from all 3 levels and dribble. That's good enough for me

Reaction Score
Also with Hurley saying last week that "Alex, Samson, and Donovan will have a chance to play" doesn't exactly strike me as a lock that Samson is starting at the 4. If Castle does reclass, I think we go with 4 guards. Our smallest player would be 6'5", and they would all be freak athletes. You can switch every position 1-4 on defense if you want to. This is modern day basketball now. But anyways, back to Rudi. I think he would be a nice piece. I would prefer a Castle reclass over him if I had to choose one or the other. But he can shoot from all 3 levels and dribble. That's good enough for me
I wouldn’t consider newton or castle freak athletes but that’s definitely a fun lineup

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This place is crazy. I literally can’t tell what is sarcasm anymore.

Let me help you out. There is zero chance a sure fire POY candidate like this would even consider a program with a fanbase that hyperventilates over every guard with a 3pt% over 30 that enters the portal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let me help you out. There is zero chance a sure fire POY candidate like this would even consider a program with a fanbase that hyperventilates over every guard with a 3pt% over 30 that enters the portal.
Over 30% from deep? Who are you talking about? I need a name!!
feels breaking dawn GIF

Reaction Score
I think this kid would be a good add, but I don't love him as a starter. Would be a great fit as a combo guard off the bench. Still hoping we are on Ramy to start at the 2 and then a wing for depth (Alleyne/Odukale/Dennis).

Reaction Score
Kid must be a big fan of steak dinners and fine dining… Sheesh that’s a lot of visits for a transfer portal guy
Last go around gotta take advantage.

The best steak dinner will be Wichita. Hope that’s not the tipping point

Reaction Score
So you think he spurned Ok St, Memphis and Florida to include George Mason, Wichita State and BYU?? C'mon please
Do you understand what “interest” means? He may not have been offered by these schools in which case they wouldn’t be in his Top 8, or when he spoke to them the role they described for him may not have been of interest to him. All three schools I listed were from articles associated with the schools, not him. Bottom line is if Hurley sees he has potential value I’ll take his vision over yours based solely on the competition for him.

Reaction Score
If he is plan B then it's good for us that his timeline is still a few weeks away from a decision. Gives us a bit more time to try to close on option A..
He needs to be treated as a Plan A even if he may be technically behind Ramy on the priority list. We only have 8 guys on scholarship currently and only 2 of them are guards...one of which is probably more suited for the 3 in today's college game. We have big minutes available for two guards right now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m so confused by this thread.

Jackson went from being an option at PG, to a PF who can defend anyone but Teddy Allen.
He’s versatile.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom