Rothstein on Sanogo | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rothstein on Sanogo

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hurley mentioned on a certain call a couple weeks ago not open to the “public” that if he had to decide today, his starting lineup would be Cole, Bouk, Jackson, Whaley, Carlton.

Gaffney/Cole, Sanogo/Carlton, Tyrese/Polley/Jackson are where they seem to be going back and forth on and could change at any moment. The competition in practice is serious. Jackson is clearly impressing the staff if they see him as a starter.

Interesting. A bit over a month ago there were whisps of smoke about Jackson being the real deal. Then Hurley mentioned Jackson having a chance to be one of the best freshmen guards in the country implied, to me at least, the kid is going to get time on the court to put up numbers.

Maybe it's motivation to keep Polley aggressive. Maybe Polley still isn't 100%. IDK. I think I like a Cole/Bouk/Polley/Whaley/Carlton a bit better for more outside shooting, but if you have Bouk and Jackson on the wings, Whaley is going to feast on weak side alley oop dunks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hoping to get back to the Dream Season with a 3-3-2 full court nightmare trap for teams to contend with!

1604009288264.png

1604009218712.png

Reaction Score
I don't agree. His game was growing leading up that "one game." Like I said before, if he's 100% and gets beat out for the start, we are going to be really good. Actually, we'll be really good if he does start as well.

The four-game stretch leading up to that game was Polley's worst four-game stretch of the year. In what way was his game "growing?"

1604009805991.png

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hurley mentioned on a certain call a couple weeks ago not open to the “public” that if he had to decide today, his starting lineup would be Cole, Bouk, Jackson, Whaley, Carlton.

Gaffney/Cole, Sanogo/Carlton, Tyrese/Polley/Jackson are where they seem to be going back and forth on and could change at any moment. The competition in practice is serious. Jackson is clearly impressing the staff if they see him as a starter.
Does anyone else know what he's talking about?

Reaction Score
MuchoDogYears said:
Whaley at 6’8” would be undersized at center. He’ll be the starting PF.
This comment brought to you by the year 1997

OMG, you’re right! Quick! Someone please tell DH to stop recruiting Dan Clingan immediately!
Dan,are you listening? Do not make the huge mistake of offering a scholarship to a tall, talented center! We need to be small at center. It’s much much better than being tall because well because ... because yeah because it’s just better, believe me. It is. Better. Draymond Green, yes. Patrick Ewing, no.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
QUICK! Someone please tell DH to stop recruiting Dan Clingan immediately!
Dan,are you listening? Do not make the huge mistake of offering a scholarship to a tall talented center when you should be offering a small talented center instead! Get with the times!
You can't possibly be this dense. Someone can have the skillset of a center and be 6'8" and someone can have a skillset of a center and be 7'2". Nobody is saying you can only have small centers

Also his name is Donovan

Reaction Score
Everything Hurley has said has pointed to Polley being the starting 4 on opening night. If it's not Polley who would want at the 4 to stretch the floor for our wings?
akok ? Not to stretch the floor but because he just does more things for us. Then I was thinking maybe Carlton and Whaley with bouk at the 3 and gaff and Cole in the backcourt. All these are good problems to have. I Just hope polley gets more animal like or by seasons end , akok, martin ,sanogo and Jackson will all be gunning for a starting spot. I guess as long as polley keeps hitting that 3 ball, he ll be in mix to start.

Reaction Score
OMG, you’re right! Quick! Someone please tell DH to stop recruiting Dan Clingan immediately!
Dan,are you listening? Do not make the huge mistake of offering a scholarship to a tall, talented center! We need to be small at center. It’s much much better than being tall because well because ... because yeah because it’s just better, believe me. It is. Better. Draymond Green, yes. Patrick Ewing, no.

Get it together

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t say polley is a shoe in to start. Besides that one game before He got injured last year, he still played pretty soft and he’s coming off that injury - might be better serviced as a microwave sharpshooter coming off the bench

really hope polley doesn’t start. Think with the athleticism on this team we can press and hound teams defensively in a way I don’t think polley is capable of.

and with his shot, he could be one of the best sharpshooting sixth man off the bench types we’ve seen in a while

Reaction Score
Tyler at the 3 is a little too slow footed to play how DH keeps saying he wants to play, Tyler at the 4 & Carlton at the 5 is an incredibly slow front court. If Polley starts at the 4, Whaley is the 5.

This whole IW is too small for the 5 is funny when DH has said in the past and anyone with eyes could tell you IW was most effective as a small ball 5 last year

C

Chief00

In Chief’s World, in the future state Sanogo is the power forward and Brown is the center.
Chief recognizes the game has changed, spread the court, hit the threes, etc. So Chief or senior Hurley’s World may not be Danny’s World.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
In Chief’s World, in the future state Sonago is the power forward and Brown is the center.
Chief recognizes the game has changed, spread the court, hit the threes, etc. So Chief or senior Hurley’s World may not be Danny’s World.
You really need to learn how to spell Adama's last name, it's making you look like a casual fan misspelling it in every post. It's right above in the title of this thread

Reaction Score
Tyler at the 3 is a little too slow footed to play how DH keeps saying he wants to play, Tyler at the 4 & Carlton at the 5 is an incredibly slow front court. If Polley starts at the 4, Whaley is the 5.

This whole IW is too small for the 5 is funny when DH has said in the past and anyone with eyes could tell you IW was most effective as a small ball 5 last year
Agree with your observations.. Esp when combining a full court press defense with a Small Ball lineup.. Having IW or Sanogo playing at the back of the press with our athletes in front of either of them.. Taking time off the opponent's clock getting the ball upcourt and/or causing TOs.. Could be awesome.. For those Yarders concerned about our outside/3 pt shooting... Would take pressure off of that dynamic for periods of time by scoring off of our defense. DH could almost platoon a full court press strategy with the deep bench we have.. IW/DH/KFree all know what he brings to the table.. Not to mention mentoring the young Bigs..

Reaction Score
In Chief’s World, in the future state Sanogo is the power forward and Brown is the center.
With you on your WorldView re: AS/JB.. They are both athletic enough to adjust to today's style of ball.. Small Ball lineups ..For periods of time.. Might be the only exception(unless you move AS to the 5 for those lineups)..IMO.. Let Coach Mike do his thing with these young dudes and their immense potential will start shining through... KFree coaching them up can't hurt either.... All good..

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Surprised by this as most have suggested there’s no way hurley plays a bigger lineup. I think hurley will be fluid with what’s best and not pigeonhole himself into a specific style.

C

Chief00

With you on your WorldView re: AS/JB.. They are both athletic enough to adjust to today's style of ball.. Small Ball lineups ..For periods of time.. Might be the only exception(unless you move AS to the 5 for those lineups)..IMO.. Let Coach Mike do his thing with these young dudes and their immense potential will start shining through... KFree coaching them up can't hurt either.... All good..
Chief still loves the days we led the country in rebounding for 7 years.

Reaction Score
Dont sleep on Springs as a rebounder - his issue will be improving other parts of his game to get minutes. If he gets minutes, he will get rebounds.
Hearing Springs has bounce in his legs..If you think about the NCAA ruling on winter sports eligibility for the 2020 season and its impact on RS.... Springs will be entering 2021 season with four years of eligibility left.. And still not 20 years of age.. All good

Reaction Score
Dont sleep on Springs as a rebounder - his issue will be improving other parts of his game to get minutes. If he gets minutes, he will get rebounds.
BTW..I would never sleep on Springs.. Too much upside..

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see the sub patterns with this team, playing a lot of guys and guys playing multiple roles. Most difficult part for hurley, but a good problem to have
I'm looking forward to which newcomers can make an immediate difference on defense. That attribute will make attract DH's attention. The depth is going to be fun for fans to watch and will push the competition for minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom