Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Cole(25)-Gaffney(15)
Bouk(30)-Jackson(10)
Martin(25)-Jackson(10)-Polley(5)
Whaley(25)-Polley(15)
Sanogo(25)-Carlton(15)

My best guess. It gets everyone we think needs to be in the rotation minutes. Akok coming back will throw a wrench in it that is unpredictable.

Reaction Score
Cole(25)-Gaffney(15)
Bouk(30)-Jackson(10)
Martin(25)-Jackson(10)-Polley(5)
Whaley(25)-Polley(15)
Sanogo(25)-Carlton(15)

My best guess. It gets everyone we think needs to be in the rotation minutes. Akok coming back will throw a wrench in it that is unpredictable.
Adams, Springs, and Brown? Gaffney is too light.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
PG: Cole (25), Gaffney (15)
SG: Bouk (25), Adams (10), Gaffney (5)
SF: Martin (15), Jackson (15), Polley (10)
PF: Polley (10), Akok (15), Whaley (10), Martin (5)
C: Whaley (15), Sanogo (15), Carlton (10)

Bench- Brown, Springs

Totals:
25- Bouk, Cole, Whaley
20- Gaff, Martin, Polley
15- Akok, Jackson, Sanogo
10- Adams, Carlton
Martin 5? Wow.

Reaction Score
Absolute minimum. He shouldn’t come off the court if he’s not in foul trouble.
so it wasnt hurley that said no one should play over 25 mpg? if we are playing full court press the whole time i dont think bouk will be able to even make it a full 30
well that's the tricky part. no PT for adams either?

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
so it wasnt hurley that said no one should play over 25 mpg? if we are playing full court press the whole time i dont think bouk will be able to make it a full 30

well that's the tricky part. no PT for adams either?
If i had to be honest, no. But somehow he'll probably get minutes too.

Reaction Score
If i had to be honest, no. But somehow he'll probably get minutes too.
If I were setting a lineup I'd have him playing smaller minutes too, but Hurley loves him and said he'll play starter minutes

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If I were setting a lineup I'd have him playing smaller minutes too, but Hurley loves him and said he'll play starter minutes
I really don't know how that's possible. Bouk is playing 30+ mins at his position, he also said Andre could be one of the best freshmen in the country, which requires he play 20+. Where does Adams mins come from?

Reaction Score
His hypothetical ideal line-up runs out 10 guys for double digit minutes, with no one getting anymore than 30ish (give or take a bit for all of this, 16-17 team stats for reference, if you’re interested). Right now, Brown and Springs are on the outside looking in. The injuries to Akok and Adams provide opportunities for others, at least early on, but the whole key to the defense will be a healthy, shot blocking Akok. Let’s hope for that as soon as possible.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Given our depth, there might not be a need for anyone to average 30 minutes but I'm going to say that Bouknight will.

He averaged 26 as a late blooming pup and agree that saying 30 isn't going out on a ledge at all. Especially now that he's the Alpha. I'm more curious how close he gets to 40 in some battles.

Reaction Score
If Bouk gets less than 30 mpg we’re doing him a disservice and talented players will not want to play here.

He won’t. He’ll be around 32/33 on average, depending on his defense/fouls. If he’s pushed to much more than that, other people aren’t getting it done, which would be bad. Obviously.

Reaction Score
If Bouk gets less than 30 mpg we’re doing him a disservice and talented players will not want to play here.
i dont think it's that simple, at least not this year. we have the best 10 and 11th men in the country in Adams and Carlton. i'd rather get players to come here that want to win the big east and compete for a chip over guys that just want to play 35 mpg and put up big numbers cause they think theyll be a lotto pick (like everyone at memphis)

Reaction Score
30 is plenty if we are pressing and running. If it's working and we are winning, I'm sure James will understand getting a few breathers.

Reaction Score
I really don't know how that's possible. Bouk is playing 30+ mins at his position, he also said Andre could be one of the best freshmen in the country, which requires he play 20+. Where does Adams mins come from?
There's a lot of hypotheticals that make it hard to give a blanket answer. But in a really simple way I think it might just be taking 5 minutes each from a few of the traditional big men like Carlton/Sanogo when we play someone like Creighton/Villanova and the opposite when we're playing Georgetown

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
He won’t. He’ll be around 32/33 on average, depending on his defense/fouls. If he’s pushed to much more than that, other people aren’t getting it done, which would be bad. Obviously.
We can take our time with Akok, our front court is plenty deep enough right now. I really like the Sanogo/Whaley front court. That combination should be able to rebound the crap out of the ball.

Reaction Score
We can take our time with Akok, our front court is plenty deep enough right now. I really like the Sanogo/Whaley front court. That combination should be able to rebound the crap out of the ball.

Rebounds are great, but with the way they want to run out their guards defensively, players are going to get by them sometimes. Having a guy who can block and significantly alter shots at the basket is key. They’re not going to rush Akok, because they’re smart, but I anxiously await his healthy return. Watching a Hurley coached defense that has all the right parts is one of my favorite things to watch in basketball, and the last two years haven’t come anywhere close.

Reaction Score
The fact that we are having discussions about the plethora of starting 5 options and minutes distribution is great.... a prelude and allusion towards a great season. This could be a special one once its all over. I have a good feeling about it.

C

Chief00

I agree in a competitive game, James gets 35+, assuming no foul issues.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom