'Til touchdown brings him 'round again to find
He's not the man they think he is at home
Oh, no, no, no
He's Rocket Watts
Rocket Watts, burning out his fuse up there alone

Reaction Score
Yeah Baylor and Kentucky were the 2 other schools reported to have reached out
At this point I have to think its us
It seems to me that Kentucky has turned their attention to Adam Miller and CJ Fredrick
If Mintz returns like I think he will that will only help our chances even more

Reaction Score
At this point I have to think its us
It seems to me that Kentucky has turned their attention to Adam Miller and CJ Fredrick
If Mintz returns like I think he will that will only help our chances even more
Is there a lot of talk about Rocket on the UK board? What do their fans/reporters think?

I'm unwilling to go into that cesspool.

Reaction Score
Is there a lot of talk about Rocket on the UK board? What do their fans/reporters think?

I'm unwilling to go into that cesspool.
All the talk on their board is Adam Miller and CJ Frederick. They had some threads from 2 weeks ago about Watts but they're on the paid site so I can't read them

Reaction Score
I know he’s not quite the player, but his shiftiness and (hopefully) energy off the bench/not as a main scorer could be Davion Mitchell-esque.

Reaction Score
Wow what a roller coaster for Akinjo. Interested to see how he’s used at Baylor.
Kid has onions and can put the ball in the hole. Thinking a team where he can show his creativity.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Kid has onions and can put the ball in the hole. Thinking a team where he can show his creativity.
I thought the problem is he really can’t put the ball in the hole.

Reaction Score
Honestly. Heard it was in the bag...
I'd be super excited if Watts commits here.

Do I expect him to come in and be a stud? No.

However, does he have the potential to become a stud? Absolutely.

Exactly the type of lottery ticket this team should bring in as I imagine the teams he wants to transfer to cannot promise him the PT he might have thought he could have gotten leaving Michigan State, UConn being one of those teams.

It's all about ceiling with Watts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have to trust the coaches. Watts' stats are pretty bad, for both years (other than FT's), but worse his second year than his first. Not close to what was expected from him.
If the coaches feel the MSU offense was not suited for him, or the shots he's taking within their offense are not the best for his skillset, than maybe they think he can be the messiah under their tutelage.
There were lots of other options and we either choked on execution or didn't feel those options were better for our style of play.

Reaction Score
Watts would be a tremendous addition at the time period we are currently in. Another high end athlete who could defend the ball & has the skill set to be a good offensive player- just needs to put it all together.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
fun marvel GIF

Reaction Score
Kentucky has offered on Rocket(another thread).. Seems like SEC BB schools are benefiting from SEC FB banking some money through their boosters/donors. If you know what I'm sayin'
Indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32