Rocket Watts? | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Rocket Watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know we need to trust the coaching staff if Watts does come but all I see is another Gaffney that is a worse shooter (maybe a better defender? Can't say I watched many MSU games the past two years).

Would rather have minutes go to an incoming freshman than a guy who had two very poor years and can't shoot (which is the one thing I'd want in any transfer).

Reaction Score
FWIW I’ve seen some rumors of RW possibly returning to Michigan State. No official sources, just twitter stuff.

I really think he would benefit from a change of scenery, but maybe he wound do better at MSU off the bench or as a second option.

Reaction Score
I know we need to trust the coaching staff if Watts does come but all I see is another Gaffney that is a worse shooter (maybe a better defender? Can't say I watched many MSU games the past two years).

Would rather have minutes go to an incoming freshman than a guy who had two very poor years and can't shoot (which is the one thing I'd want in any transfer).
Lol Gaffney is good though.

Reaction Score

There is no reason why Gaffney can’t be a good in game shooter watching him practice.

Reaction Score

Just saw this... Comments seem to be thinking Kentucky or return to MSU.

A very small part of me is looking at the “it’s coming” with a blue heart as a UConn sign, but in reality I don’t think that’s happening

Last edited:
Reaction Score
might be our deepest squad ever even with 12 guys. when samson is the last guy on the totem pole you know everyone can play.

Reaction Score
don’t think Dan is salivating over the transfer market right now, nor Watts. Think he’s content with what he has
The truth is we didn’t have enough scorers on last years team and we lost our only true scorer, replacing him with unproven freshman. We needed/need to add someone to put the ball in the hoop, and if we don’t it’s gonna be a struggle on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
The truth is we didn’t have enough scorers on last years team and we lost our only true scorer, replacing him with unproven freshman. We needed/need to add someone to put the ball in the hoop, and if we don’t it’s gonna be a struggle on the offensive end.
your concern is understandable but hopefully everyone returning will increase their scoring and/or fg%.

i think this is our best lineup assuming everyone plays up to expectations: sanogo as a 15ppg guy; whaley diversifying his game; polley back to 40% from 3; gaff the wildcard but reason for optimism in year 3; cole improving to 15 ppg on 40% fg overall.

that's a really good starting lineup that fits well together.

then you have digg/hawk/aj/martin/akok/springs off the bench all getting solid PT. maybe hawk or aj or akok are starting by january who knows.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
might be our deepest squad ever even with 12 guys.

your concern is understandable but hopefully everyone returning can increase either their scoring or fg%.

i think this is our best lineup assuming everyone plays up to expectations: sanogo as a 15ppg guy; whaley diversifying his game; polley back to 40% from 3; gaff the wildcard but reason for optimism in year 3; cole improving to 15 ppg on 40% fg overall.

that's a really good starting lineup that fits well together.
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
UConn's deepest team ever, Sanogo and RJ averaging 15 ppg, every returning player increases their scoring and or fg% and he still has UConn finishing below Seton Hall. lol.

Reaction Score
UConn's deepest team ever, Sanogo and RJ averaging 15 ppg, every returning player increases their scoring and or fg% and he still has UConn finishing below Seton Hall. lol.
i'm sorry but arent you even more optimistic about the team than i am? why are you siding with a pessimist? we might be deeper but we don't have the top tier talent of other teams so we could still easily finish right below nova and hall which i think have final 4 and elite 8 potential, respectively.

Reaction Score
i'm high on next season's team, yes

and when's the last time we had 11 guys that could all conceivably play 10 mpg or more?
I admire your optimism, but every year there are guys that aren't as productive as hoped. Sometimes it's injury. Sometimes it's an overrated freshman. Sometimes it's just a bad season for a player. Sometimes it's transfer.

Anywho, unfortunately you can rest assured that one or more of those eleven guys will vastly under-produce relative to Boneyard expectations.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
i'm high on next season's team, yes

and when's the last time we had 11 guys that could all conceivably play 10 mpg or more?
Conceivably? Almost every spring and summer for the past 30 years or so.

Reaction Score
i'm sorry but arent you even more optimistic about the team than i am? why are you siding with a pessimist? we might be deeper but we don't have the top tier talent of other teams so we could still easily finish right below nova and hall which i think have final 4 and elite 8 potential, respectively.
I'm really high on next year's team and have said over and over we'll be around 15th preseason, I think it's crazy putting Seton Hall above UConn. If those things you expect to happen do happen we're clearly a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
I'm really high on next year's team and have said over and over we'll be around 15th preseason, I think it's crazy putting Seton Hall above UConn. If those things you expect to happen do happen we're clearly a top 10 team.
if you dont think Hall has elite 8 potential cool, but re our team, it seems like you should be quibbling with 8893 not me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom