RJ Cole not returning | Page 3 | The Boneyard

RJ Cole not returning

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Its time for Danny to work on his recruits and get them ready
If he runs to the portal it's going to send the wrong message to current and future recruits
Don't sleep on Sool and lets see what Floyd Jr brings
If he had season ending injuries which Nova is facing then I agree but DH doesn't.

I'm very happy for RJ and Tyrese

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Absolutely not. You cannot be running out a lineup with Curbelo and Jackson. Neither of them can shoot. You can't win games scoring 50 points
Thats why if AJ doesn't develop an offense that brings double digit scoring consistently - he comes off the bench
The PG has to be the quarterback and score some points but he needs to control tempo and get the ball to the scorers

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Who we get in the transfer portal is life and death. Hurley needs to get two strikes here. That will be the difference between a Final Four run and an NIT crash.
Round of 32 run and an NIT crash. Let’s win one game in the tourney first before the FF talk. People did that this year

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Absolutely not. You cannot be running out a lineup with Curbelo and Jackson. Neither of them can shoot. You can't win games scoring 50 points
80% of the board disagrees with that last sentence

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Its time for Danny to work on his recruits and get them ready
If he runs to the portal it's going to send the wrong message to current and future recruits
Don't sleep on Sool and lets see what Floyd Jr brings
If he had season ending injuries which Nova is facing then I agree but DH doesn't.

I'm very happy for RJ and Tyrese
The team is more important than individual players. If Gaffney or Diggins is our starting point guard, we are going nowhere next year.

Reaction Score
The team is more important than individual players. If Gaffney or Diggins is our starting point guard, we are going nowhere next year.
So basically, it is impossible for layers to improve?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Impossible? No. Unlikely they’ll improve enough to sufficiently replace rj Cole? Yes.
Bah. That’s what people said about Bouknight. It’s not about Diggins stepping up to be Cole. It’s about getting vastly more from Hawkins and Johnson (perhaps Akok), some from Diggins some from Floyd, some from Karaban. I do agree we need a transfer guard. But guys can step up.

Reaction Score
Bah. That’s what people said about Bouknight. It’s not about Diggins stepping up to be Cole. It’s about getting vastly more from Hawkins and Johnson (perhaps Akok), some from Diggins some from Floyd, some from Karaban. I do agree we need a transfer guard. But guys can step up.
Pg position is different in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Cole's main replacement can't be on the current roster. Sool, Ajax and even Gaff can have ball handling roles next season but none can make that big a leap by Nov and be the lead PG.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What people were saying that about Bouknight? He was being projected as an All Big East caliber player heading into his sophomore season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What people were saying that about Bouknight? He was being projected as an All Big East caliber player heading into his sophomore season.
over your head GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
Thanks to RJ for all his heart, hustle and clutch play. Glad he got to fulfill his dream of playing for the Huskies. He was a warrior for us!

Reaction Score
Thanks for the memories R.J.! We'll miss the leadership and clutch play you brought to so many of our games! We were so fortunate to have you be such a huge part of our program these last couple seasons! Best of luck as you continue pursuing your dreams at the next level!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, I wish RJ all the luck in the world. Is a terrific kid who gave us his all every time he stepped on the floor. I have to say, I got a little bit of the feels reading his statement. He’s a true believer, a kid who really “bleeds blue.“ I’ll miss him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom