RJ Cole not returning | The Boneyard

RJ Cole not returning

Reaction Score
He’ll always be remembered fondly here; so proud of him for seeing a dream come true in playing for our favorite program. Best of luck to him at achieving that next dream! Now let’s go get a couple of transfers to ensure RJ’s a proud alumnus watching this team next year.

Reaction Score
This was the right decision for him and quite frankly the program as a whole. We have two young guards who need minutes. It will be ugly at first next season but that’s the only way they’ll truly grow.

With that said, Hurley better get a high caliber scorer from the transfer portal.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Good Luck, RJ! Time to go hard for a stud transfer and develop Floyd and Diggins. Hopefully Hawkins makes the leap into year two like Sanogo and Jackson have. Even like RJ did

Reaction Score
Phrasing might be important here.

Tyrese Martin’s announcement explicitly stated that he’s forgoing his final year of eligibility and going pro. I think RJ Cole might be leaving the door open to return. Just a thought.

Reaction Score
We will learn a ton about Hurley this off-season. Is he just a builder or can he bring us back?

No reason a top 5 or so transfer shouldnt be attainable with our dire need at guard.

Reaction Score
Our best transfer of all-time. Got to live is dream and play for UConn. Top dawg.

Now, UConn has a MAJOR selling point to transfers: a clear path to take over the point guard spot where the competitors don’t have a lot of sustained success.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Phrasing might be important here.

Tyrese Martin’s announcement explicitly stated that he’s forgoing his final year of eligibility and going pro. I think RJ Cole might be leaving the door open to return. Just a thought.
Wish I saw that too but I don’t really see him leaving the door open with that statement. Seems pretty clear he’s ending the chapter if not being professional.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom