OT: - Realignment? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I don't think it's going that way and that would be horrendous for the tournament.
It would lose the casual fan and the entire appeal of the tournament.
I would honestly not be shocked. And you shouldn’t be either

Reaction Score
I would honestly not be shocked. And you shouldn’t be either
Leaders make bad decisions all the time but that would be monumentally stupid, like braindead stupid. They would be cutting out the entire basketball crazed northeast and all mid-majors, Cinderellas, and a bunch of established historically good/great programs and fanbases.

Reaction Score
Latest conference realignment rumor states SEC in 'serious contact' with UM, OSU

I can't see Michigan ever doing that. If they and OSU moved to the SEC the conference should just break off from the NCAA and start their own professional league.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think it's going that way and that would be horrendous for the tournament.
It would lose the casual fan and the entire appeal of the tournament.

I tend to agree with you on this. I also think that if the SEC forms a super conference, someone is going to have to lose all those marquee matchups. How long before Texas is no longer at the top of the pecking order because they string together three 4-8 seasons?

I do think that an SEC SuperConference for football would be great for Big East basketball.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I tend to agree with you on this. I also think that if the SEC forms a super conference, someone is going to have to lose all those marquee matchups. How long before Texas is no longer at the top of the pecking order because they string together three 4-8 seasons?

I do think that an SEC SuperConference for football would be great for Big East basketball.
There will still be “the other” tournament but this will be the national title

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Think about it, if UNC and UVA go to the Big 10 and Clemson/FSU go to the SEC, what does the ACC have left? It would basically be the old big east + Duke lol

As long as we're going karma, go full karma. Then Duke and Notre Dame join the Big East, and Cuse and the other traitors are left in Siberia.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
assuming clemson, fsu, osu and michigan also join the SEC then the 32 refugees from the acc, big10, and big12 need to consolidate into 2 new conferences of 16 teams that finally make some geographic sense:

new ACC: (south division) miami, gtech, unc, nc st, duke, wake, uva, vtech; (north division) maryland, lville, wvu, pitt, penn st, rutgers, cuse, bcu

new Midwest: (south) texas tech, tcu, baylor, ok st, ku, k state, nebraska, isu; (north) iowa, minnesota, wisconsin, illinois, nw, indy, purdue, msu

both pretty blah but more or less on par w/ the PAC and AAC

Last edited:
Reaction Score
assuming clemson, fsu, osu and michigan also join the SEC then the 32 refugee schools from the acc, big10, and big12 need to consolidate into 2 new conferences of 16 teams each that finally make geographic sense:

new ACC: miami, gtech, unc, nc st, duke, wake, uva, vtech, maryland, lville, wvu, pitt, penn st, rutgers, cuse, bcu

new Midwest: texas tech, tcu, baylor, ok st, ku, k state, nebraska, iowa, isu, minnesota, wisconsin, illinois, nw, indy, purdue, msu

both pretty blah but more or less on par w/ the PAC and AAC
If Rutgers once again weasels their way into a safe conference and we don't, then that would be very very embarrassing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn would have made the cut and possibly retained Temple
If you can would have “made the cut” in the American, why wouldn’t it now?

Reaction Score

Don’t see how either KU or ISU move the needle either on the football field or in terms of new market share, or both with respect to KU. Let em rot, why prop up your b-ball competition ?

If osu, Michigan, Clemson and FSU also join the SEC then the refugees from the ACC and Big10 and Big12 can form a poor man’s 20 team super conference

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I still think people are glossing over the GOR in the ACC. If any team were to leave the acc whatever money they made is supposed to still belong to the league until it expires. Don’t see how a simple 50 million dollar check can make that contract disappear.

Reaction Score
Baylor’s statement - “For our state, it is critical to our economy and Texas’ overall reputation to maintain five “Power Five” institutions, reinforcing the Lone Star State’s athletic preeminence.”

Like rats clinging to driftwood after a shipwreck yet they don’t miss an opportunity to try and exclude houston and smu from a future power conference they might not even be a part of. I love the nerve on display.
For our state? Lol. Texans always overvalue how important Texas is. Imagine how obnoxious we would think Californians would be if they acted like Texans?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom