• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
EC1C6B0A-2D35-4A6D-9F31-C9E0783FF486.jpeg

You could spin those same facts an alternative way. The state should commitment to football by building a 40,000 seat stadium. Despite not being a part of the P5 UConn has shown its commitment to athletics by maintaining a P5 level office spending and it's athletic department.

In any event anyone who thinks having a stadium 25 minutes off-campus doesn't hurt us should rethink that opinion.

Attachments

• 129E6EA1-916D-49DA-80FC-58AF54A84CF7.jpeg
    129E6EA1-916D-49DA-80FC-58AF54A84CF7.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 53

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Welp we are going to stay in the big east im sure many people are happy.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering how much it all matters right now. I don't think the BiG and SEC are anywhere near done with expansion and the PAC and ACC are going to feel the brunt of that. That throws everything up in the air for everyone outside those conferences. As time marches on to the termination date of the ACC's GOR I have to believe it becomes easier to address and settle that with the schools that want out.

This is far from over.
It's far from over, but once again we will be at the mercy of everyone else in 2036 when the next big round of musical chairs starts.

If we can't get into a P5 when the ACC moves happen, we're going to be on life support.

Reaction Score
It's far from over, but once again we will be at the mercy of everyone else in 2036 when the next big round of musical chairs starts.

If we can't get into a P5 when the ACC moves happen, we're going to be on life support.

I'm no media rights expert, but as the SEC and Big continue there conquest of college athletics the noise in the ACC is going to get very intense. I'm not sure if there is anything that the schools who want to go can do, but I have to believe that as the expiration of the GOR gets closer it gets easier to negotiate the exit.

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but once the Big and SEC get their 20-24 programs on board I think they are separating from the NCAA. I'm not sure exactly what that looks like for the rest of college athletics, but I think it's a bifurcated system in terms of funding and oversight. I think it will stink, but I think that's where it's heading.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Could the PAC and MWC combine in some way? Guess it would depend on anyone paying for broadcasting. OSU & WSU probably a little nervous about the future.
I think it's likely. Pac is probably about to lose Colorado, UDub and Oregon. Possibly the Arizona Schools. But even if just those 3, the best solution is for the Pac to take the best of the MWC. SDSU, Utah State, Boise, Nevada, UNLV, New Mexico. It is really an ideal fit with Utah, the AZ schools, WSU and Oregon State.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One more thing.....

The Big 12 is going to have a tough go of it competing in football. Yes, I know that TCU just played in the championship, but I don't think that's sustainable. Texas is going to round up enormous resources for NIL and everyone else recruiting Texas will get whatever Texas passes on. Texas is going to figure it out and they will have the resources.
Cincinnati was in the championship the year before that. The playoff is expanding. The counter-argument is that the Portal has utterly changed things in college football. The big schools used to vastly overrecruit, putting massive numbers of 4 star kids on the roster. Many didn't play. Now? They are leaving for schools like TCU. It's not a coincidence that Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield were all transfers. All won Heisman trophies.

Last year's TCU team had 3 kids from Alabama, one from LSU and one from Florida. The big schools can't keep the talented depth they used to.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One more thing.....

The Big 12 is going to have a tough go of it competing in football. Yes, I know that TCU just played in the championship, but I don't think that's sustainable. Texas is going to round up enormous resources for NIL and everyone else recruiting Texas will get whatever Texas passes on. Texas is going to figure it out and they will have the resources.
Do you have any idea how much football talent the state of Texas produces? The scraps from that state would be a pretty competitive program.

Reaction Score
View attachment 88743

You could spin those same facts an alternative way. The state should commitment to football by building a 40,000 seat stadium. Despite not being a part of the P5 UConn has shown its commitment to athletics by maintaining a P5 level office spending and it's athletic department.

In any event anyone who thinks having a stadium 25 minutes off-campus doesn't hurt us should rethink that opinion.
I think it’s safe to say the Edsall 2.0 years didn’t help us. We were an embarrassment. The football minds in the larger conferences remember those years and cringe. Our basketball brands are established. Mora is probably the most important person in the athletic department at this point.

Reaction Score
Do you have any idea how much football talent the state of Texas produces? The scraps from that state would be a pretty competitive program.

Yeah, pretty good idea. I also think that the best talent will reside where the most money is available.

Reaction Score
This is what half of UConn fans wanted…I hope playing Seton Hall and Providence is worth it
there's UConn "fans" that will be perfectly happy when the football program gets scrapped or downgraded. I don't think this happens at big time schools, ergo one really has to question if we're a big time school.

Reaction Score
recruit scraps of Texas, Florida, sprinkle with northeastern kids - viola, good football team.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is not the AAC. I really want the B10, but if we could get an on-campus stadium, the Big 12 could work and we could at least become competitive in football. We could get some of the recruits that Penn State, Pitt and Rutgers get.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
We cannot get a stadium on campus. It’s a non starter.

Reaction Score
Peek Around the Corner's Greg Flugaur just stated that "UConn is the true alternative here" UConn has "legit shot" if one of the four corner schools from PAC chooses not to go to B12. It would be for all sports.

Reaction Score
We cannot get a stadium on campus. It’s a non starter.
Are these comments coming from the same people who want to spend a half a billion dollars to upgrade the X-L Center?

Reaction Score
Because they had no P5 options at the time and they were negotiating a TV deal. Now they have an entire Pac 12 to choose from. And in 2036 they’ll have half the ACC to pick from. We’re getting locked out
ACC will pick them over in 2036. Mark my words.

Reaction Score
Aaand this is why we needed to get an invite. Once you are out of the club, you are out forever. We’re screwed

We've been through this one before. Same exact words as last time.

The B12 didn't need to drag UConn yet again after the last time.

Reaction Score
We've been through this one before. Same exact words as last time.

The B12 didn't need to drag UConn yet again after the last time.
They've made us look like total fools two times now. And once again we find ourselves on the outside looking in. Meanwhile UCF, who were in the damn MAC like 15 years ago, have a P5 lifeline and we still don't. It's unbelievable.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
They've made us look like total fools two times now. And once again we find ourselves on the outside looking in. Meanwhile UCF, who were in the damn MAC like 15 years ago, have a P5 lifeline and we still don't. It's unbelievable.
75% of this board signs up to be played by the same girl over and over again. When are you all going to learn or are you going to keep hurting yourself?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom