• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
They don't need to target anyone. After all, they "threw us a lifeline" which means they did not really need us.
We don’t need more of the Daytons and St Louis to go along with Butler, DePaul & Seton Hall in the BE. All the more reason to go Big 12 if invited!

Reaction Score
c) give up the option of finding a home in the future when the ACC either splits or football splits off from basketball and negotiates its own TV and conference alignments.
crazy. where do you think the acc teams that dont get invited to the big10 or sec are going if not the big12? to the american? joining the big12 now would improve our positioning for when the acc dissolves.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Let me get this straight, in your view Dave Benedict would be smart to:

a) join a P5 designated league that is a phone call by Apple to the Pac 12 from everyone climbing over each other to head West,
b) has a short term TV deal on freaking cable (why not just put it on UHF?) that seems ridiculously overpriced and will expire before UConn would even be fully vested,
c) just lost its two marquee programs,

In order to:
a) bail on a stable, strong basketball league that is in almost every major metro area in the northeast and Midwest,
b) ignore what happened last time UConn joined a far flung league where we didn't fit in,
c) give up the option of finding a home in the future when the ACC either splits or football splits off from basketball and negotiates its own TV and conference alignments.

To quote Jim Calhoun, "$*&% YOU!!!!!"

This Pac12 Apple fantasy may be your best line to date. Where on gods green earth do you manage to conjure this stuff up.

ESPN or Fox is bad..being on prime and ESPN+ good.

The big 12 lost its two marquee programs... Buddy the Big East has lost 15 of its marquee programs in case you missed it Syracuse basketball and Miami football aren't in the league anymore.

The greatest irony is you moaning about the big12 short term deal and then also moaning we won't have flexibility to pivot in the future.. so what is it exactly?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yormark has extensive time in the NYC metro area and its sports programming.

There's a theory that says if your only tool is a hammer all your problems look like nails. If you don’t have a hammer none of your problems look like nails.

With Yormark having a background in basketball and lrigramming it's fair to suggest he sees basketball programming as a solution.

Reaction Score
This article throws out the same deja vu BS that the B12 delivered to us last time. Benedict is being played again. It's not his fault but the B12 can't keep its mouth shut as it drags us yet again.

Reaction Score
This article throws out the same deja vu BS that the B12 delivered to us last time. Benedict is being played again. It's not his fault but the B12 can't keep its mouth shut as it drags us yet again.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately there will be no movement until the PAC has a contract. Which will then determine our fate

Reaction Score

that does not sound good.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Suckers.

But the good news now over what happened 5 years ago is we are where we are supposed to be.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yormark has extensive time in the NYC metro area and its sports programming.

There's a theory that says if your only tool is a hammer all your problems look like nails. If you don’t have a hammer none of your problems look like nails.

With Yormark having a background in basketball and lrigramming it's fair to suggest he sees basketball programming as a solution.
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Just imagine how often we’ll see @kobe and how infrequently we’ll see @FriarJ.

And not a moment too soon given kobe was running out of digs towards us. He finally got one clever one across. I was betting against him being able to repeat. Guess I there’s a correlation between supporting a pathetic team and cleverness.

actual conference. church league. independent. it dont matter. im going nowhere.

Los Angeles Lakers Hello GIF by NBA

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This Pac12 Apple fantasy may be your best line to date. Where on gods green earth do you manage to conjure this stuff up.

ESPN or Fox is bad..being on prime and ESPN+ good.

The big 12 lost its two marquee programs... Buddy the Big East has lost 15 of its marquee programs in case you missed it Syracuse basketball and Miami football aren't in the league anymore.

The greatest irony is you moaning about the big12 short term deal and then also moaning we won't have flexibility to pivot in the future.. so what is it exactly?

So you got nothing. You can't make an argument for why the Big 12 should continue to get big tv deals. That's what I thought.

Reaction Score
I translate Yormak's statement today as follows: "Well, by pretending we'd fill the spots with UConn and Gonzaga we were unable to get the 4 4-corner schools to accept our offer before knowing the Pac's future, so now we'll wait and see how their contract looks and whether they're joining us or not."

Reaction Score
That would literally make zero sense. The B12 move only works if 1) they take our football program. 2) they pay us a full revenue share
It makes sense if the only objective is to maximize TV revenue. I don't know the specifics of the Big East's buyout agreement, but I assume at some point the deal ends or the number drops which is when something could happen. I don't necessarily think it will happen in the short-term, but a decade from now maybe.

Reaction Score
I translate Yormak's statement today as follows: "Well, by pretending we'd fill the spots with UConn and Gonzaga we were unable to get the 4 4-corner schools to accept our offer before knowing the Pac's future, so now we'll wait and see how their contract looks and whether they're joining us or not."
that's the way I looked at it to. Yormark manipulated the UConn and Gonzaga the media force the hand of the PAC 12 schools. We will find out for sure what really was intended in a few weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom