PC/ Creighton PPD | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PC/ Creighton PPD

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If UConn @ PC doesn't happen this week, only date I see that can work is February 3 and since Dunkin Donuts Center has Monster Trucks the next day, the game would likely have to be played on campus.

They can push it to Sunday 1/16 since they will meet the 5 day quarantine rule/suggestion. Limits schedule impact for both teams.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Would the 5 days clear to play Sunday? Given locations and schedule (may be needed on campus) seems like an easy situation to push it back a day
Providence Bruins play Sunday 3p. On campus game or push the Bruins game later into the night could be ideal.

Reaction Score
They can push it to Sunday 1/16 since they will meet the 5 day quarantine rule/suggestion. Limits schedule impact for both teams.
That's the other alternative but I'd consider that unlikely. Maybe Reeves gets healthy for PC if he didn't already have COVID to help them get to the required 7 but the odds of anyone else clearing 5 days without testing positive I'd think are slim. They were only at 9 healthy players for the game v. Creighton scheduled yesterday before COVID hit them so not starting at a high number to begin with.

Reaction Score

Does anyone else understand what he means by “later today” in his run-on sentence?

Does this mean the St John’s game tonight’s game is in jeopardy as well? …or is this just a terribly written tweet that’s referring to Saturday only?

Reaction Score
That they have been rescheduling the games and the BE is not going to have unbalanced schedule. There is zero reason based on what hs been transpiring to think they won't. What are you basing them not rescheduling it on?
I didn't say they wouldn't reschedule it. I'll bet you a steak dinner, though, that more than 1 Big East game this season will be canceled and not rescheduled (league-wide, not necessarily involving UConn).

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I didn't say they wouldn't reschedule it. I'll bet you a steak dinner, though, that more than 1 Big East game this season will be canceled and not rescheduled (league-wide, not necessarily involving UConn).

Marquette-St. John's at SJU, for one

Reaction Score
Let them wear masks and play the games.

1642014606371.jpeg

Reaction Score
If Providence game gets called off...we won't play again until next Tuesday. Have to think they would try and schedule another game before that, even if it's out of conference.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
When I tuned in to watch a bit I witnessed Phil Helmuth smoke a dude on a fantastic bluff move.
wait, u watched the great unwashed southern pigskinners?
how did ur subsequent covid test turn out?
contact highs, an all that.
all i watch these days is pictures of famous paintings, no live people or animals involved. i know how to stay germ free. kinda boring tho.

Reaction Score
If Providence game gets called off...we won't play again until next Tuesday. Have to think they would try and schedule another game before that, even if it's out of conference.
UConn is already at max # of games that can be scheduled this season. The only way they could do that is know for certain PC game won't be rescheduled.

Reaction Score
That they have been rescheduling the games and the BE is not going to have unbalanced schedule. There is zero reason based on what hs been transpiring to think they won't. What are you basing them not rescheduling it on?
If unbalanced schedule means that not every team will play the same number of conference games...then the BE will most definitely have an unbalanced schedule. There's no way the tourney will be pushed back...and some games will not be made up.

Reaction Score
Sure, as long as I can doordash you the steak if I lose

Reaction Score
I believe every game, but the PC/Creighton game which just was called off has been rescheduled. When that changes I will worry about a game being cancelled.
You're right to not worry, because you can't impact it. Games will be cancelled and not made up.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It can be made up 3/3. That would however force us to play 5 games in 8 days-one every other day.

Reaction Score
You must not familiar with UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
I was flying up for the UConn Providence game. Should I cancel my flight?

Any news on if the game is happening?

Reaction Score
Bummer. I hope the Big East rearranges some matchups so we can play this weekend.
The only team not playing this weekend is DePaul, so in theory they could move the 3/5 DePaul @ UConn game to this weekend and schedule Providence/UConn for 3/5 when Providence is off. But that would be really short notice for DePaul

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom