2024 Recruiting: - Patrick Ngongba | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Patrick Ngongba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Hurley is abysmal at winning close games. Now he is abysmal trying to recruit after a championship. Hurley just got paid and he seems to be on vacation while others are at work. I’m not amused. We need more than two recruits for next year’s class.
The Muppets Smiling GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
Can't blame gthe coach for the whims of a 19 yr old, 18 yr old or whatever. Bring bigger bags next time.

Reaction Score
Hurley is abysmal at winning close games. Now he is abysmal trying to recruit after a championship. Hurley just got paid and he seems to be on vacation while others are at work. I’m not amused. We need more than two recruits for next year’s class.
Tough crowd

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
This post is so bad. I dont post here often but feel compelled. 1st of all it's UConn. Not an acronym. 2nd you say 'we' but are crazy critical. They just won the title!! You must be a miserable person to be around...

Reaction Score
Not hearing great things here btw. It sounds like we are still a ways from a decision which is good.

A 2 man class after a natty would be really deflating.

pj

Reaction Score
Not after we just brought in a 5 man class. This was never going to be a big class

Of our 12 scholarship players, Newton and Cam Spencer finish up and Clingan, Castle, and Karaban are projected to enter the draft. That's losing all 5 starters and having 7 returning scholarship players, 6 open spots. This will end up being a big class, if not through high school graduates then through the portal.

Reaction Score
Not after we just brought in a 5 man class. This was never going to be a big class
probably losing at minimum 5 players. Hurley has never been huge in the portal, so I guess I don’t follow your logic.

Reaction Score
Of our 12 scholarship players, Newton and Cam Spencer finish up and Clingan, Castle, and Karaban are projected to enter the draft. That's losing all 5 starters and having 7 returning scholarship players, 6 open spots. This will end up being a big class, if not through high school graduates then through the portal.
Point taken. Though I think projecting Karaban to enter the draft is a bit premature. I also don’t view transfers as apart of a “class”. In the transfer era I think we see less big classes than before anyway. One thing I’m not worried about with this staff is recruiting. I think “deflating” is rather strong and dramatic

Reaction Score
Clearly with several players with eligibility being unknowns in terms of the draft (i.e. Clingan, Castle, Karaban) using the portal to fill needs will be the best game plan once a key high schooler or two determine whether the class would be more than 3 incoming freshmen or not.

Reaction Score
Diarra will also likely graduate, though will have eligibility remaining if he wants to return.

Reaction Score
probably losing at minimum 5 players. Hurley has never been huge in the portal, so I guess I don’t follow your logic.
No idea if it's actually how Hurley feels but we'd have 1 senior, 1 junior, 4 sophomores, 2 freshman so it does feel like there's potential to get really unbalanced with a ton of freshman coming in again

Reaction Score
No idea if it's actually how Hurley feels but we'd have 1 senior, 1 junior, 4 sophomores, 2 freshman so it does feel like there's potential to get really unbalanced with a ton of freshman coming in again
Probs 2 portal players.

Reaction Score
This post is so bad. I dont post here often but feel compelled. 1st of all it's UConn. Not an acronym. 2nd you say 'we' but are crazy critical. They just won the title!! You must be a miserable person to be around...
He's kidding around. He's been doing this for a while. It's not funny anymore so just ignore him and maybe he'll stop.

Reaction Score
We brought in Newton, Alleyne, and Joey C. last year. I assume we’ll end up with at least one more recruit, but seeing what the freshmen can do this year and picking up 2-3 guys from the portal based on that doesn’t seem unreasonable.

Reaction Score
Not hearing great things here btw. It sounds like we are still a ways from a decision which is good.

A 2 man class after a natty would be really deflating.
2,man class is fine after fab five, good luck with your career at party city. Sorry to hear they are bankrupt and your balloon blowing career is in jeopardy. Must be deflating.

Reaction Score
2,man class is fine after fab five, good luck with your career at party city. Sorry to hear they are bankrupt and your balloon blowing career is in jeopardy. Must be deflating.
Fan1978 lolololololol

Reaction Score
Dude, you're posting crazy stuff lately. Since we're living in these new portal days we brought in Newton, Joey, and Alleyne. They weren't the building blocks of the championship but we don't win it without them. The one hole on paper we had for this year was starting shooting guard, we brought in Cam Spencer.

Recruiting and creating a roster that works shouldn't be a concern with this staff.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dude, you're posting crazy stuff lately. Since we're living in these new portal days we brought in Newton, Joey, and Alleyne. They weren't the building blocks of the championship but we don't win it without them. The one hole on paper we had for this year was starting shooting guard, we brought in Cam Spencer.

Recruiting and creating a roster that works shouldn't be a concern with this staff.
Yeah, I feel like Dan has avoided going full Pitino (you never go full Pitino) or even what Self did this year in driving off last year’s class. Dan is using the portal wisely. He keeps options open, like Newton coming back. Way better than what the portal would have offered.

Alex is no sure thing to get drafted. Flagg is in play. Johnson could break out and Singare could show great promise. The other freshmen could really impress. I don’t think we even know what we need aside from PG and we locked that down first. Abraham gives us another versatile forward.

Reaction Score
This is the recruitment that intrigues me most. After seeing Sanogo develop an incredible array of offensive moves, deft footwork, modern NBA style offense, inside out, I should think that UConn would be the first place a mobile big man would want to come.

Reaction Score

Obviously looking way ahead here, but after this year there will be some serious holes. I guess I was just expecting a little more momentum with the HS kids following a championship.

Dan has said several times that Cam was almost a freak accident and almost a miracle we got him. Main target was Timberlake and we whiffed. Portal is mainly $ driven and that is not our strength here. It is our coaches and their ability to create relationships.

I guarantee if you polled the boneyard and said our class is going to be a top 30 guard and fringe 100 SF following a ship, everyone would say that is dissapointing. Still time left with PN, but I have no idea where they go from here. I’ll try to take some more Xanax.

Reaction Score
The opponents could be telling kids UConn has two sophomores and five freshmen among their top nine players. Where do you see yourself fitting in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom