2024 Recruiting: - Patrick Ngongba OV | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Patrick Ngongba OV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the staff had that USVI flag on hand for the memory shot, that would be some serious preparedness. Color me impressed.

Of course they had the US Virgin Island flag there because that is where is family is from... and they are prepared. The most consistently prepared staff for a recruits OV in the country, bar none.

When it comes to recruiting, our staff is peerless. I can't say it any more clearly. The choreography of how they plan and then execute on visits, particularly of anyone they priortize, is beyond impressive. They put on a clinic, time and time again.

As I said in a previous thread.... holy S%#! we are lucky as a fan base to have this coaching staff.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Of course they had the US Virgin Island flag there because that is where is family is from... and they are prepared. The most consistently prepared staff for a recruits OV in the country, bar none.

When it comes to recruiting, our staff is peerless. I can't say it any more clearly. The choreography of how they plan and then execute on visits, particularly of anyone they priortize, is beyond impressive. They put on a clinic, time and time again.

As I said in a previous thread.... holy S%#! we are lucky as a fan base to have this coaching staff.
Out of curiosity, do you have real insights into how other programs orchestrate official visits?

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, do you have real insights into how other programs orchestrate official visits?

I used to when I was more connected during my time as an announcer while at UConn and a few years afterward. Since then I have remained keenly aware of what I see and the things I read from different sources.

I was always into recruiting during that time... not just watching and reading about the recruits themselves, but also reading stories and having sources that would share with me information about how staffs handled certain visits.

I know that this current staff does a much better job of prep work and then executing on recruit's official visits. I also know they do a great job of not letting information get out there. Dan is quite adamant about that, and as we can all see his guys are in lock step with him.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
When this staff wants a guy they are unstoppable.

Truly elite level recruiters at both courting and identifying talent. Calhoun level skills and I don't even think Calhoun made it look as easy as this staff does.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us lock both these guys up.

Reaction Score
Patrick Ngongba, PVI
Ngongba has been one of the hottest names in the class this spring. After recovering from injury and sliming down, Ngongba is now considered one of the top bigs in the class and he backed that up over the weekend. Ngongba was able to switch onto smaller players defensively, use his body to carve out space in the paint, rebound, and use his soft touch around the rim which has all contributed to his big jump in the national rankings. When it comes to where his recruitment stands and who came out to see him, he garnered attention from multiple head coaches and staffs. Duke head coach Jon Scheyer and two assistants, Virginia’s head coach Tony Bennett, Kansas State head coach Jerome Tang and two assistants, Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery, UConn head coach Dan Hurley and an assistant, Kansas assistant Norm Roberts among others were in attendance for the prized big man.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Patrick Ngongba, PVI
Ngongba has been one of the hottest names in the class this spring. After recovering from injury and sliming down, Ngongba is now considered one of the top bigs in the class and he backed that up over the weekend.
bill murray ghostbusters GIF by IFC

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Vv
Think I saw a JC quote once they were on campus.. That nice guy you saw in your living room when I was recruiting you.. Last time you'll see him while I'm your coach... LOL
I think it was rip or ray said that

Reaction Score

Also, Hurley reshared this post on his own personal instagram. The first one of these official visit posts he’s done that for. Maybe a sign?

Looking at his instagram, every school he visited seems to do similar photo shoots and some videos too. Another also had a VI flag. Seems like a bit cookie cutter to me. What’s more important is the comments we hear and expertise they had.

Reaction Score
I don’t want him to win this recruiting battle (obviously), but Tang’s success so far is great to see. He probably earned a head coaching job years ago, but it never happened for him. He finally got his chance and is killing it.

Reaction Score

6. Four-star C Patrick Ngongba

Down the stretch of a close game, Patrick Ngonba was at his best. Team Takeover was able to go to the 6-foot-10 center on the block and know that something would happen.

Ngonba has a strong frame with great length and very soft touch and hands. In the second half of the game, Ngongba showed comfort going over his left and right shoulder. When his go-to move would get cut off, he showed he was comfortable with his counters to get the look.

Ngongba finished with a team-high 12 points. While that number may not be super-impressive, the timing of his makes were. The No. 36 player in the 2024 On3 150finished 6-for-8 from the field and also added 8 rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom