2024 Recruiting: - Patrick Ngongba OV | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Patrick Ngongba OV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we know if there are any other overlapping schools that have offered both of these guys? Where they either have visits planned or seem like they will visit?

Reaction Score
Isaiah has visited or plans to visit Marquette, Virginia, and Villanova from what I can see. Patrick visited Kansas State last fall. Being two highly recruited guys, both have a large number of high major offers, obviously.

Reaction Score

Hopefully we actually get some highlights of the kid. I still have no idea what his game is like. Written reports say he's skilled in the post, effecient and a great rebounder. Haven't been able to watch this session though.

Also had another double double yesterdau (18/11). He's due for a rankings bump. Gotta be top-50.

I'd expect Abraham to fall out of the top-100. Hasn't done a thing this weekend. Shooting <33%, only scoring 0-5 ppg.

Would we take a package deal to get Ngongba, even though Abraham might not be on our level?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought Abraham was the better player of the two. Is he injured?

Reaction Score
I thought Abraham was the better player of the two. Is he injured?

Unless he's been injured for the entire EYBL season, he isn't the better player. Ngongba is producing at a high, high level. Abraham has good size and rebounds pretty well. Doesn't turn it over, but also takes almost no risks. Good defender.

Based on early reports from Paul VI, he might just be one of those kids that doesn't have a skillset suited for AAU. People were raving about his potential last season.

Expect him to be ranked maybe 125-150 when it's all said and done. Doesn't have the offense to be a 4*. Maybe closer to 100 if they go by reputation before production.

Reaction Score

Ngongba Starting to Takeover​

Two weeks ago in Dallas, it was clear that Patrick Ngongba had taken both his body and his game to new levels. This weekend, he has gotten better with each passing game and was utterly dominant on Sunday night when he went for 33 points, 18 rebounds, and 5 assists to lead Team Takeover over Phenom University.

Ngongba’s ascension is rooted in a multitude of reasons, but first and foremost is the fact that he’s fully healthy. After missing a large portion of last year, he returned for the Peach Jam and was able to make his presence felt despite not being anywhere near the player we see now. In the ten months since, he’s improved his conditioning, gotten vastly more mobile, and consistently extended his game, both in terms of his overall impact and the places on the court he’s able to impact the game from.

Now, he looks like one of the very best big men in the national class and it’s leading to wins on the floor as Takeover was a perfect 3-0 through two days this weekend.

Reaction Score

Love what I'm seeing there. Obviously just highlights, but clearly has the pieces to end up a dominant post.

Finishes with both hands, fighting for position early, passing out of double teams. Good size and frame, and even a little bit of a 3-ball.

13/7 on close to 70% shooting from the field is legit in EYBL. So clearly this footwork and finishing isn't a complete anomaly. Sign me tf up.

He doesn't have the same shotblocking or height as Bol, but I am strongly in favor of a big, meaty post rather than a string bean. There is still room in college for a more traditional-ish post player.

Reaction Score
Love what I'm seeing there. Obviously just highlights, but clearly has the pieces to end up a dominant post.

Finishes with both hands, fighting for position early, passing out of double teams. Good size and frame, and even a little bit of a 3-ball.

13/7 on close to 70% shooting from the field is legit in EYBL. So clearly this footwork and finishing isn't a complete anomaly. Sign me tf up.

He doesn't have the same shotblocking or height as Bol, but I am strongly in favor of a big, meaty post rather than a string bean. There is still room in college for a more traditional-ish post player.
Nice, but he missed 3 bunnies to pad his rebounding stats.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Great to hear. I haven't seen Ngongba yet, but his #s in EYBL are decent. 11/7/1, 74% from the floor and is taking (and making) threes in a limited capacity. I don't know a thing otherwise.
leslie nielsen omg GIF

I just wanted to say good luck, we're all counting on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom