2024 Recruiting: - Patrick Ngongba OV | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Patrick Ngongba OV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Archbishop Stepinac vs Paul VI

Boogie Fland also playing in this game, but 3 players is too much for me to write down. I’ll do this game again if we get an OV from him. Overall, it’s clear the kid is freakishly talented and has a phenomenal, but I’m not convinced he plays a winning brand of basketball. Gunner and a bit selfish. He feels like an AAU player with a “me me me” attitude every time I see him play or give an interview. Needs to gain 20lbs to survive a college season.

Ngongba

16 minutes

9 PTS
3 REB (1 offensive)
AST ( potential / foul)

0 TO
0 STL
0 BLK

4/8 FG
4/7 2FG
0/1 3FG
1/1 FT
  • 6’10 230lbs looks legit to me. He has really great size. Wide shoulders, big hands, long arms. Not nearly as stocky as Sanogo when he was in HS, but I see high potential to be a bruiser down low.
  • Could use a Tom Moore offensive rebounding bootcamp. He needs to swim or spin when he gets boxed out, but just seems to push. Not effective at the college level.
  • FT form is decent, but not great. Needs to stay upright and keep the ball closer to his body.
  • Very weak on the boards today. Effort wasn’t there. Very little boxing, lots of reaching.
  • Not much of a shotblocker at all, but he has been coached well to stay straight up vs the guards.
  • Little slow when guarding the perimeter.
  • A couple years of S&C to get stronger, shed some fat and improve conditioning will do wonders for him. Paul VI has a good program… I would imagine that’s paying dividends in AAU.
Missed bunny:

Silly foul on the double team: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Off camera, but takes a charge: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Nice easy lay-in: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

No assist, but I love the instinct to look for the shooter on a post-up: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Crazy sequence… great mid-post footwork, gets blocked, o-reb, and a follow-up and-1.: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Runs the floor for the easy 2: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Defensive board: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Nice 1v1 defense on Boogie: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Rebound Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Miss from 3: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Draws another charge: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Runs the floor and gets position for an easy 2: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Bad shot: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Abraham

15 minutes

2 PTS
1 REB (1 offensive)
AST ( 1 potential / foul)

1 TO
0 STL
0 BLK

2FG
0/1 3FG
2/4 FT
  • Comes off the bench for Paul VI. Saw first minutes with 4 minutes left in the first quarter. Ngongba sat at the same time. Didn’t take a shot other than one 3 until the game was a blowout by 30.
  • The shooting form was fine. Not great, a little scissor in his feet and a little flat.
  • Just like I saw in EYBL, I see some really great offensive rebounding potential.
  • Made a few nice defensive stands. He will be a good college defender with practice.
  • Overall, basically invisible on offense. No skill sticks out as high enough level for the Big East right now, other than the o-boards.
  • Reminds me of Gaffeny at UConn. Makes the easy play with low risk, not the best play.
  • Has a decent right hand drive I’d like to see him use more.
  • Has great size and a good frame. Very, very athletic. Not Andre-level quickness, but way above average.
Bricked corner 3: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Potential assist and offensive board and a TO: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Some nice defense, forcing the travel: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Baseline drive, fouled: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Drive and fouled again: Paul VI HS (VA) vs. Archbishop Stepinac HS (NY) - Slam Dunk to the Beach / Hoophall East 2022

Reaction Score
His mom is a former WNBA player and a current assistant coach for the George Mason women's team (former head coach of Radford). Hoping she appreciates the Hurley coaching family tree and that Storrs is the basketball capital of the world.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His mom is a former WNBA player and a current assistant coach for the George Mason women's team (former head coach of Radford). Hoping she appreciates the Hurley coaching family tree and that Storrs is the basketball capital of the world.

This would explain the great fundamentals we've seen from him. Mom has done a nice job supporting his development.

Reaction Score

She’s no longer at George Mason. His dad (same name) and his mom both played at GW.

Reaction Score
God I cannot wait for the day when Scheyer completely tanks that program. Please be a Juwan Howard 2.0
We'll get a better read this year. He'll have more experienced players which reduces his alibis if the season isn't good.

Reaction Score
We'll get a better read this year. He'll have more experienced players which reduces his alibis if the season isn't good.
If they lose more than 6-7 games and don’t get past the first weekend of the tournament, that’s a bad sign.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If they lose more than 6-7 games and don’t get past the first weekend of the tournament, that’s a bad sign.
True, this is a what have you done for me lately environment. Hurley needs to kept on a short leash, if he can't get it done (sweet sixteen minimum) it's time to move on.

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
True, this is a what have you done for me lately environment. Hurley needs to kept on a short leash, if he can't get it done (sweet sixteen minimum) it's time to move on.

:rolleyes:
I must have missed Scheyer’s championship run as the head coach to equate the two.

Reaction Score
If the staff had that USVI flag on hand for the memory shot, that would be some serious preparedness. Color me impressed.

They’re prepared. This was made, too.

Attachments

• 89582153-825B-4C66-B71C-3D658DD84B91.jpeg
    89582153-825B-4C66-B71C-3D658DD84B91.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 310

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If the staff had that USVI flag on hand for the memory shot, that would be some serious preparedness. Color me impressed.

What is the significance of that flag? I'm not familiar with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom