Paige Bueckers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers

Reaction Score
I am sure your comment is tongue in cheek, but,
Reminds me of a conversation I overheard during a men's game in 2004 between an elderly couple.

Woman: "If Diana was able to be drafted by the NBA, where do you think she would be drafted"
After about a 5 second delay.
Man: "Probably about 10th"

I respect very much what the program has accomplished but their delusional fans have totally pushed me away.
So why are you even commenting on this board!

Reaction Score
Reminds me of a conversation I overheard during a men's game in 2004 between an elderly couple.

Woman: "If Diana was able to be drafted by the NBA, where do you think she would be drafted"

I respect very much what the program has accomplished but their delusional fans have totally pushed me away.

Interesting that you bring up issue regarding fandom. Paige has certainly captured quite a following. But in terms of the men-- I watch a bit (will start to pick up) but it was just the opposite as to why I watched less and less.

Years ago used to be a member of the old Hartford Courant Board. The years of Taliek Brown; You had posters agreeing with an active poster that said UCONN won the championship despite Taliek Brown. The foolishness in believing you can win championships despite a player that started all year was just mind boggling. There was a lot more fighting we used to do as well.

Just too many mind-boggling complaints on the men's side while the team was doing well just turned me off. They would rather complain than talk logic. Some of them would then start to try to do the same thing on the women's board back then - in which the women were rarely losing - we used to tear them apart and send them back to where they could whine.

At least here with Paige - I think she'll capture more fans due to her style. She can athletically finish (and pass) with style in the lane which I think is exciting for some.

Reaction Score
Definitely too early to really tell if she's the next Taurasi or anything. I have a hard time judging athleticism in the women's game.

But her footwork is really, really advanced. Even for WNBA players. You don't see the kind of escape dribbles, euros, and ball protection she uses in the women's game very often.

Paige reportedly learned to handle a ball at a young age in her father's garage during the long cold Minn winters when the courts were covered in snow. No basket, just a floor and a ball.

Reaction Score

I agree with the exaggeration but her high school's boys coach did say she could play on his team.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I wanted to see her play the most. She is a Jennifer Rizzotti clone.
While I wanted Nika to play well I was disappointed with her performance. I temper this knowing she had a problem with her foot.... she was a half step slow on both sides of play while turning the ball over repeatedly. I believe once her foot is better and she relaxes she will be a good player in the rotation.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
While I wanted Nika to play well I was disappointed with her performance. I temper this knowing she had a problem with her foot.... she was a half step slow on both sides of play while turning the ball over repeatedly. I believe once her foot is better and she relaxes she will be a good player in the rotation.
Yup. Looked like she was too eager to impress. She was quick but hurried.

Reaction Score
I have heard this phrase throughout sports. How is will the women's game be revolutionized by Paige? Who else possesses her ability to do her "revolutionary" stuff? Not trolling! Just this time I read this phrase I thought how?
She has everything you look for in a superstar, she has "it." She has a unique swagger on the court that people will gravitate towards and teammates will want to play with, a likable personality, she's attractive, and most of all she has a game unlike any of her peers...

Only other female player I saw at a young age who had her qualities is Taurasi. Her game just jumps out at me right away just as Taurasi's did back in the day. I'm not sure she'll elevate the sport but if there is a female player to come along and do it and be a marketable star that expands their audience and does things on the court no other female players have really done before she looks like the one who could so it. I normally only watch the women's game when UConn is playing in a final 4 type matchup but Taurasi had me tuning in a lot more back in the day, I'll be tuning in more that Bueckers is at UConn and I think there will be some more like me. She looks like a female Luka Doncic to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom