Paige Bueckers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
PB is one of the most entertaining basketball players to watch in college -She is simply on another level- reminds me of Magic Johnson back in the day.
I have been watching more UCONN women’s ball as well this year and an occasional post -about maybe the best player in the country does not bug me.
It beats all the “ see you next season “ posts.
So you typically watch 0 WBB games?

Reaction Score
I don’t watch much women’s basketball, but she looks really good. I wouldn’t say she looks more natural than DT though. Diana had man game.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest.

Bueckers would be the starting PG on the men's team over either Cole or Gaff.
I am sure your comment is tongue in cheek, but,
Reminds me of a conversation I overheard during a men's game in 2004 between an elderly couple.

Woman: "If Diana was able to be drafted by the NBA, where do you think she would be drafted"
After about a 5 second delay.
Man: "Probably about 10th"

I respect very much what the program has accomplished but their delusional fans have totally pushed me away.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reminds me of a conversation I overheard during a men's game in 2004 between an elderly couple.

Woman: "If Diana was able to be drafted by the NBA, where do you think she would be drafted"

I respect very much what the program has accomplished but their delusional fans have totally pushed me away.

In retrospect, had she entered the NBA in 2004 she could have had a career better than all of about 10 of those draftees. That was a bad draft overall.

2004 NBA draft - Wikipedia

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I watch women's games.
I am just a much bigger fan of the mens team. I have been to four of our final 4 appearances on the mens side. PB is just fun to watch and I definitely appreciate her game- I find her as entertaining as any player in college men or women.
You said “I’ve been watching the women more than usual this year.”

they’ve played once

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wow Chin, you really think she would have had a career in the NBA?

No, the point was most of that draft never had an NBA career. That was a horrible draft.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just wish that so many men like JC and posters here weren't so threatened by the women's teams success. It's was never a good look. So what if a given women's fan isn't as knowledgeable than you. Women's fans built the new BB facility.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
BTW, go to the 3:50 mark of the clip and listen to the announcer.

"Think about it. They're playing a zone because they can't guard you in the first place."

Zing.

Reaction Score
I just wish that so many men like JC and posters here weren't so threatened by the women's teams success. It's was never a good look. So what if a given women's fan isn't as knowledgeable than you. Women's fans built the new BB facility.
Oh

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score

You seem to be doing a lot of posting and going back and forth with us whack jobs, so I take it we didn't push you away TOO far. :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is great that Paige is reaching people who are not hard core WBB fans. There are not many mens BB players I care to follow but the few I do all seem to follow Paige's blueprint which balances offensive skill and style with team oriented passing and leadership. Lebron , Curry and some of the European men like Doncic and Jokic come to mind.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
This girl is going to be incredible, you can tell right away. She's the type of player that can
revolutionize the women's game.
I have heard this phrase throughout sports. How is will the women's game be revolutionized by Paige? Who else possesses her ability to do her "revolutionary" stuff? Not trolling! Just this time I read this phrase I thought how?

Reaction Score
This girl is going to be incredible, you can tell right away. She's the type of player that can revolutionize the women's game.

The best part of these highlights for me occurs with about 10 seconds left before the half. Paige has the ball, quickly surveys the situation and drives the lane for a bucket before the buzzer sounds. Last year, I used to cringe when the team was in this scenario. [It seemed to me] that Crystal would dribble, look at Geno, dribble a bit more then attempt a pass or off-balance low probability shot. I appreciate both her instinct and decisiveness with the ball in her hands.

Reaction Score

It’s pointless to compare men’s and women’s basketball. It’s two different games. You just have to watch each game for what it is. I agree, a few WBB fans are delusional, but the majority understand the differences between the Men’s and Women’s game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom