PAC 12 WBB News | Page 20 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ahem! Some folks on the leftish coast are departing from the tried and true script.

Here are the approved talking points:
  • "Wow! No nights off in the [insert name of conference]!"
  • "Wow! The [insert name of conference] is amazingly deep!"
  • "Wow! Every game in the [insert name of conference] is a dogfight! This is why the [repeat name of conference] puts at least 5 teams in the Final Four every year."
Other talking points can be approved only on a case-by-case basis.
SEC SEC DEC SEC SEC SEC!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ahem! Some folks on the leftish coast are departing from the tried and true script.

Here are the approved talking points:
  • "Wow! No nights off in the [insert name of conference]!"
  • "Wow! The [insert name of conference] is amazingly deep!"
  • "Wow! Every game in the [insert name of conference] is a dogfight! This is why the [repeat name of conference] puts at least 5 teams in the Final Four every year."
Other talking points can be approved only on a case-by-case basis.
Well, not every conference can be as much of a meat grinder as the Big East. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Ugly? How about bu++ UGLY Like I said, that was, without question, the worst OSU WBB performance I have ever witnessed in the Scott Rueck tenure at OSU. Taylor Jones or not, that was an abomination.
Not to upset you but Scott is losing his luster. He does not seem to be the same energetic guy that had players like Sydney Weiss and Marie Gulich. I think everyone can hit a wall that they have to push through and maybe he will get that mojo back. I don't think he adapts well for what he has available.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Osbourne apparently went down for UCLA against AZ. TBD on nature of the injury, but rumblings are it’s the knee.

Reaction Score
Not to upset you but Scott is losing his luster. He does not seem to be the same energetic guy that had players like Sydney Weiss and Marie Gulich. I think everyone can hit a wall that they have to push through and maybe he will get that mojo back. I don't think he adapts well for what he has available.
You were extremely critical of Rueck during their losing streak last year and then it was crickets about his coaching during their run beginning in late January that included zero losses to teams that didn't make the final four and three wins over UCLA and Oregon (2x).

Did his luster reappear late last season and it has already disappeared?

Reaction Score
What happened to Prince yesterday? I saw she had 8 minutes and 3 fouls. Head scratcher.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
What happened to Prince yesterday? I saw she had 8 minutes and 3 fouls. Head scratcher.
Graves said it was a match-up issue, since Utah (which, by the way, has a very decent NET rating and has the best team, according to Graves, in some time) was playing 4, and sometimes even 5, guards. Sabally could (mostly) hold her own defensively, since she moves really well for a big, but Sedona not so much.

Reaction Score
Graves said it was a match-up issue, since Utah (which, by the way, has a very decent NET rating and has the best team, according to Graves, in some time) was playing 4, and sometimes even 5, guards. Sabally could (mostly) hold her own defensively, since she moves really well for a big, but Sedona not so much.
Appreciate the explanation. Makes a lot of sense.

Reaction Score
Hard to say what is the issue. I just know the performance vs WSU was unlike what I expect to see from OSU (even in a loss). OSU's performance this weekend will either support your premise or possibly reveal a different premise.

Reaction Score
You were extremely critical of Rueck during their losing streak last year and then it was crickets about his coaching during their run beginning in late January that included zero losses to teams that didn't make the final four and three wins over UCLA and Oregon (2x).

Did his luster reappear late last season and it has already disappeared?
If you think he is right on track this year then that is your opinion. When people that never questioned it before in a couple of osu forums begin to do so in increasing numbers then one should take notice. I don’t think he embraces the portal like he should have with the point guard situation. If people are happy with not using the portal then that is obviously their choice.

Reaction Score

Did his luster reappear late last season and it has already
Maybe it will with Coach Tinkle too?

Reaction Score
If a team has 5 or 6 players available do they have to forfeit according to NCAA rules? Someone was asking me that.

Reaction Score
I asked the ticket office at Oregon if they take into consideration on trying to reschedule Covid delayed games at least later in the afternoon. The last one was at 11:00 am. I was polite about it but the response was basically screw the fans. I understand the logistics of it but it seems especially in the Covid years a thinking has crept in that ia basically saying the fans don’t matter. Funny how it matters when they ask for $$$$ at renewal times. Of course this is Oregon so everyone thinks Knight is paying all the bills. I guess the ticket person could have responded better but it was probably a student answering the phone. Just not a good way to build your fan base which has taken a hit during Covid. Maybe other schools that actually need the fans support from more than just one mega donor have it better because they are needed. Anyone? Knight is not going to live forever, oregon AD department seems to forget this at times.

Reaction Score
Pac-12 office has officially announced a forfeit against UCLA for not playing Oregon due to injuries not related to COVID.

Reaction Score
UCLA is going through a really rough year. I feel for them. If they went undefeated from here, do they even have the minimum number of games to qualify for the NCAA tournament?

Reaction Score
I have a question for PAC 12 followers. Does anyone know what happened to Shamera Williams on USC. She transferred from UVA a couple of years ago and has never played a game at USC. She was a pretty good player and a top 60 recruit. I see that she’s still listed on the Trojans roster. I’ve googled her name and no recent info shows up. Just curious as I enjoyed watching her when she was here and she looked to have a pretty good future.

Reaction Score
Oregon just went ham on USC. Sabally and Rogers had a pretty solid night. 23/19 That Oregon squad, if they can stay healthy, they will push and probably defeat Stanford. I think they have the size and shooters that can knock Stanford from the top of the mountain in the PAC 12.

Reaction Score
I have a question for PAC 12 followers. Does anyone know what happened to Shamera Williams on USC. She transferred from UVA a couple of years ago and has never played a game at USC. She was a pretty good player and a top 60 recruit. I see that she’s still listed on the Trojans roster. I’ve googled her name and no recent info shows up. Just curious as I enjoyed watching her when she was here and she looked to have a pretty good future.

Great question. I remember Shamera being on the roster at USC. She was on the roster with Endyia Rogers that transferred to Oregon. I have not heard anything about her since back in the fall and she was doing workouts with the team at one point. Her and Amaya Oliver.

Reaction Score
Great question. I remember Shamera being on the roster at USC. She was on the roster with Endyia Rogers that transferred to Oregon. I have not heard anything about her since back in the fall and she was doing workouts with the team at one point. Her and Amaya Oliver.
She is probably dealing with a lot of things in her life is my guess....

I am not sure what Shemera is doing now but she played high school basketball with her younger sister, Toniah. Her sister who would have been likely recruited by college teams but was shot in the back and paralyzed in August of 2021

Toniah Williams was a basketball player at the Milwaukee Academy of Science, who as a freshman, helped propel the underdog girls basketball team to the state tournament two years ago. Her mother said she transferred to Martin Luther High School last year. She had hopes of becoming a WNBA player, her mother said.

"Toniah has been robbed. She's been robbed of her career," Myshell Prescott, her aunt, said.

Reaction Score
She is probably dealing with a lot of things in her life is my guess....

I am not sure what Shemera is doing now but she played high school basketball with her younger sister, Toniah. Her sister who would have been likely recruited by college teams but was shot in the back and paralyzed in August of 2021

Toniah Williams was a basketball player at the Milwaukee Academy of Science, who as a freshman, helped propel the underdog girls basketball team to the state tournament two years ago. Her mother said she transferred to Martin Luther High School last year. She had hopes of becoming a WNBA player, her mother said.

"Toniah has been robbed. She's been robbed of her career," Myshell Prescott, her aunt, said.

Thanks for the update and sharing of the article. Wow! Yeah, sounds like she could be dealing with a lot. I hope that she is getting help. My heart goes out to her and her family.

Reaction Score
UCLA is going through a really rough year. I feel for them. If they went undefeated from here, do they even have the minimum number of games to qualify for the NCAA tournament?
Rough is putting it mildly. Considering all the potential this roster had prior to the season starting, this has to be a frustrating season.

Coach Close was really irked last night after the game. Was very critical of the PAC-12 office and their policies related to health and safety. I wonder what the conference will do with respect to her comments.

Reaction Score
Felt sorry for UCLA--they are the walking wounded. They gutted out the game with half a squad.

Reaction Score
can someone explain to me how Utah and Washington State are in the tournament? I literally see no big wins of important, and they have Oregon State out who I think is better than both.

Reaction Score
Rough is putting it mildly. Considering all the potential this roster had prior to the season starting, this has to be a frustrating season.

Coach Close was really irked last night after the game. Was very critical of the PAC-12 office and their policies related to health and safety. I wonder what the conference will do with respect to her comments.
What is the pac-12 suppose to do? Cancel the season? Suspend games for a month ? I get the frustration but Cal has had 7 games cancelled, UCONN played with a skeleton crew and Oregon played short at the beginning of the season. If we waited for every team to be 100 percent there would be no more games this year.

Reaction Score
What is the pac-12 suppose to do? Cancel the season? Suspend games for a month ? I get the frustration but Cal has had 7 games cancelled, UCONN played with a skeleton crew and Oregon played short at the beginning of the season. If we waited for every team to be 100 percent there would be no more games this year.
I hear you 100%. No conference has had it easy and there should be some empathy for the logistical hoops they have had to navigate.

What I'm curious about is how the PAC 12 office responds to the criticism. As they were directed at them will Coach Close get some type of admonishment for them, similar to Coach Barnes and what she said about refereeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom