PAC 12 WBB News | Page 19 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Stanford the only Pac team that hasn't been on covid protocol at some point this year? Crazy. Washington just got back to playing and now Washington St. is out.
Stanford did have 5 players out for Covid protocol when they played WSU

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Probably true. But the way Adia talked in the article is pretty much the way I have always heard her speak, at a couple fan events, off-air at her live radio show, and in interviews.

I had forgotten that in 2020 I guess it was, we swept Oregon and Kelly got T'd up in both games. In fact I was at the game at McKale and, to be honest, he got homered. Or at least, it seemed like it. He was one pissed puppy on the bench. That I do remember, my seats are on the floor just on the home side of center court, so I had a good view.

As to Pellington's comments about what fans don't hear, she is sort of right. I can't hear the coaches unless they are yelling instructions extra loud; usually can't hear much the players say, and sometimes hear the refs interactions with the players. But I can well believe the players hear it all.
The latest (Oregon side) news, for what it's worth, is that there is a post-game phone video (which I haven't seen) showing Barnes extending her middle finger either toward the players, who were celebrating and didn't notice, or (more likely imo) Graves, who had his back turned and was walking toward the Oregon bench, or perhaps both. Barnes then yelled "something" at Graves. Nothing about what happened prior. The rematch should be interesting.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford did have 5 players out for Covid protocol when they played WSU
Yes, but they didn't have to shut down the program temporarily. I guess that's what having what, 17 players on the roster can do for you.

Reaction Score
Saw an interview with Coach Scott Rueck, and when asked about Taylor Jones availability, Rueck commented that Taylor has been playing with a lot of pain this season and last season (assuming shoulder) and had no idea when she would be available. On the other hand, Rueck is so pleased with the development of Jelena Mitrovic, and from his point of view the extra playing time for Mitrovic is a bonus from an unfortunate situation with Taylor Jones.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Saw an interview with Coach Scott Rueck, and when asked about Taylor Jones availability, Rueck commented that Taylor has been playing with a lot of pain this season and last season (assuming shoulder) and had no idea when she would be available. On the other hand, Rueck is so pleased with the development of Jelena Mitrovic, and from his point of view the extra playing time for Mitrovic is a bonus from an unfortunate situation with Taylor Jones.
The extent and length of Jones's injury is actually really clarifying. Jones's productivity seemed to stall last season and continue in this one; that would have shocked me two seasons ago, when she was regularly more offensively productive than her senior colleagues like Pivec and Slocum, and when I was thinking she was easily one of the most impressive frosh in the country. Hope she heals up and can finish out her college career the way she started it.

Reaction Score
Arizona State knocks off Colorado for something like the 15th time in a row in the series. Charli's Angels are the lone remaining unbeaten in Pac-12 play along with the mighty Trees. It helps that this was their first Pac-12 game.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Colorado loses again...they're quickly making their way back to being a bubble team after being the last standing undefeated.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Colorado loses again...they're quickly making their way back to being a bubble team after being the last standing undefeated.
The sun does rise in the East.

Reaction Score
Ducks win pulling away in the last couple minutes. Oregon got out shot overall on FG % and had a poor night from 3. Also out rebounded by a couple. The difference was 13 steals resulted in more possessions, more attempts. I’ll take it. Any road win in this conference is major.

Reaction Score
Ducks win pulling away in the last couple minutes. Oregon got out shot overall on FG % and had a poor night from 3. Also out rebounded by a couple. The difference was 13 steals resulted in more possessions, more attempts. I’ll take it. Any road win in this conference is major.
If they would have played this way against Arizona or UCONN it would not have been close and would have been two losses. Just like they were going through the motions with no emotions. Nice to see Rodgers have a good game and Sabally was solid. Pinto looked great on defense. You take the win but the biggest thing they all need to work on is consistency.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Don't know what to make of Washington. They aren't good...yet they've been pesky and hung around for most of the game against 3 teams with far more talent than they have so far in conference. At this rate they'll probably knock off somebody they aren't supposed to at some point.

Reaction Score
The extent and length of Jones's injury is actually really clarifying. Jones's productivity seemed to stall last season and continue in this one; that would have shocked me two seasons ago, when she was regularly more offensively productive than her senior colleagues like Pivec and Slocum, and when I was thinking she was easily one of the most impressive frosh in the country. Hope she heals up and can finish out her college career the way she started it.
Jones did have a very strong frosh campaign in '19-'20, contributing 12.3 points and 7.3 boards per game while shooting 58% from the field. However, Slocum (14.9 points/4.7 assists) and Pivec (14.9 points/9.3 boards/4.5 assists) were clearly the top two offensive options for the Beavs that season. Jones was a solid third scoring option with Aleah Goodman adding most of her scoring from beyond the arc during her junior season.

Jones has exceptionally long arms and reportedly has a 6'10" wingspan in addition to her 6'4" height, allowing her to get her shot off consistently in and over defensive traffic around the paint. It is common knowledge for those around the OSU program that Jones had played through significant shoulder pain during both '20-'21 and this season. Further limiting her production has been how she has been used by Rueck with respect to minutes played throughout her OSU career. Foul trouble has been a contributing factor to her limited playing time. Jones had averaged only 20 minutes per game during the 9 games she played in during the current season. Lots of visible K tape on her shoulders and limited minutes even without foul trouble seemed to indicate that all was not right with one or both shoulders when this season started.

Reaction Score
Watched years of OSU WBB games. Just witnessed the absolute worst OSU WBB performance. Can't even believe what I just witnessed.

Reaction Score
Watched years of OSU WBB games. Just witnessed the absolute worst OSU WBB performance. Can't even believe what I just witnessed.

Pullman is a hard place to play. Washington State really should be beating teams like this season's version of OSU without Taylor Jones.

Reaction Score
Oregon eked a win over Utah 70-66, with the help of a late game call that went their way on a no-call on a charge that would've helped Utah tie the game. In any case, Ducks keep pace with UCLA and stay a game behind Stanford.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You guys had some ugly stats. 1-12 from 3, 7 assists to 15 TO's . 6 pts in 1st Q

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon eked a win over Utah 70-66, with the help of a late game call that went their way on a no-call on a charge that would've helped Utah tie the game. In any case, Ducks keep pace with UCLA and stay a game behind Stanford.
Huh. All the other Pac 12 coaches might need to form a support group, where they can complain about these calls the Ducks are getting in Eugene. :rolleyes: Barnes will be the first to join.

Reaction Score
You guys had some ugly stats. 1-12 from 3, 7 assists to 15 TO's . 6 pts in 1st Q
Ugly? How about bu++ UGLY Like I said, that was, without question, the worst OSU WBB performance I have ever witnessed in the Scott Rueck tenure at OSU. Taylor Jones or not, that was an abomination.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The Leger-Walkers were a combined 7-25. That's usually a recipe for a WSU loss, not a 7 point win. The 3 other starters were all in double figures though, paced by Teder's 17.

This simply came down to 3 point shooting. OSU 1-12 WSU 8-20. Ballgame.

Reaction Score
Anybody who thinks Utah got homered didn’t watch the game. I did. There were several no calls both ways. There were several ticky- tacky calls that went both ways. But the game was pretty much statistically even. So credit to Utah for playing tough. I fully expect Utah to win in SLC next time.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ahem! Some folks on the leftish coast are departing from the tried and true script.

Here are the approved talking points:
  • "Wow! No nights off in the [insert name of conference]!"
  • "Wow! The [insert name of conference] is amazingly deep!"
  • "Wow! Every game in the [insert name of conference] is a dogfight! This is why the [repeat name of conference] puts at least 5 teams in the Final Four every year."
Other talking points can be approved only on a case-by-case basis.

Reaction Score
Anybody who thinks Utah got homered didn’t watch the game. I did. There were several no calls both ways. There were several ticky- tacky calls that went both ways. But the game was pretty much statistically even. So credit to Utah for playing tough. I fully expect Utah to win in SLC next time.

I didn't say that Utah got homered, I merely commented on one no-call that late game that helped Oregon escape. I would tend to agree that the refs were overall inconsistent but did not favor one side or the other.

Also, back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Wow! Every game in the Pac-12 is a dogfight! This is why the Pac-12 puts at least 5 teams in the Final Four every year! I'm expecting Utah, Arizona State, Colorado, Southern Cal, and California to be battling it out in Minnesota!

Reaction Score
Ahem! Some folks on the leftish coast are departing from the tried and true script.

Here are the approved talking points:
  • "Wow! No nights off in the [insert name of conference]!"
  • "Wow! The [insert name of conference] is amazingly deep!"
  • "Wow! Every game in the [insert name of conference] is a dogfight! This is why the [repeat name of conference] puts at least 5 teams in the Final Four every year."
Other talking points can be approved only on a case-by-case basis.
I think OSU vs WSU, and UO vs UTAH game perfectly supported all those talking points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom