Pac 12 Conference Outlook | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Pac 12 Conference Outlook

Reaction Score
I thought for a minute Oregon St was about to choke away the game to Oregon but held on to win.

Gardiner and Beers combined for 24 points for OSU
Oregon State almost blows the game against Oregon again. Rodgers misses a wide open layup with 12 seconds left. 5’6” Mannen blocks a last second 3 for Oregon State to win 68 65.

Gardiner had 15 points to be OSU second highest score. Has she shaken off all the rust?

Reaction Score
Oregon across all sports always struggle to find motivation to beat OSU.
The athletes that go to Oregon I guess just don't care.
Oregon State has the opposite problem. They are willing to give an arm and a leg to beat Oregon, but can fall short in other games.

Both teams just need to call this season for what it is, a rebuilding year that can hopefully get the programs back in the top tier of the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Oregon across all sports always struggle to find motivation to beat OSU.
The athletes that go to Oregon I guess just don't care.
Oregon State has the opposite problem. They are willing to give an arm and a leg to beat Oregon, but can fall short in other games.

Both teams just need to call this season for what it is, a rebuilding year that can hopefully get the programs back in the top tier of the NCAA.
You hit the nail on the head! Not sure what has happened over the years. I think Oregon gets more hyped to battle Washington and Washington State than they do against Oregon State. I am sure that Oregon gets hyped to play Oregon State. Just seems like a low simmer. Congrats, Oregon State on the win.

Reaction Score
Oregon State almost blows the game against Oregon again. Rodgers misses a wide open layup with 12 seconds left. 5’6” Mannen blocks a last second 3 for Oregon State to win 68 65.

Gardiner had 15 points to be OSU second highest score. Has she shaken off all the rust?
Timea Gardiner has only played 3 college basketball games. Timea looked as if she was playing in her junior year. Mitrovic had the best game of her career. Mitrovic, Beers, Gardiner (Sophomore, freshman, freshman) are going to terrorize the PAC-12 for the next 2-3 years. OSU needs to improve their guard play which should come around next season.

Reaction Score
Timea Gardiner has only played 3 college basketball games. Timea looked as if she was playing in her junior year. Mitrovic had the best game of her career. Mitrovic, Beers, Gardiner (Sophomore, freshman, freshman) are going to terrorize the PAC-12 for the next 2-3 years. OSU needs to improve their guard play which should come around next season.
Great win by the Beavers holding off the late run by the Ducks. I worried that I was seeing a replay of the OSU loss at Arizona. Glad the Beavers won this time. Heroic block by 5’6” guard Noelle Mannen on Chance Gray‘s last three point attempt, Gray brought the Ducks back from the brink with her 3 point shooting,

Question: Why was Beers not on the floor during the last few of minutes of the game?

Reaction Score
Great win by the Beavers holding off the late run by the Ducks. I worried that I was seeing a replay of the OSU loss at Arizona. Glad the Beavers won this time. Heroic block by 5’6” guard Noelle Mannen on Chance Gray‘s last three point attempt, Gray brought the Ducks back from the brink with her 3 point shooting,

Question: Why was Beers not on the floor during the last few of minutes of the game?
Rueck hasn't had Gardiner on the floor with Mitrovic until this game, and this combo was working well. I think Rueck just made the decision to keep these two on the floor for the final few minutes. It is a good problem to have when all three are playing well.

Reaction Score

Because Oregon St was ahead and Oregon comback would rely on out side shooting. They were not going to put Beers, Gardner and Metrovic on the floor at the same time. Mitrovic is a better defender and with her on the floor to guard the paint they could release more players to guard the perimeter. The box score shorted Mitrovic. She actually had four blocks. At that point in the game defense was a higher priority.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Will the real Washington St. please stand up? Started 0-3 in conference. Then one 3 straight including road sweep of Oregon schools. Now lost 2 in a row at home against the LA schools. I think they are only 1-4 at home in conference now? Weird.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Meanwhile Washington erased a 5 point deficit in the final 16 seconds to force OT...then didn't bother to score another stinking point. 9-0 in OT. USC and UCLA both get the road sweep in WA. Trojans could be headed to their best season in quite a while.

Reaction Score
Will the real Washington St. please stand up? Started 0-3 in conference. Then one 3 straight including road sweep of Oregon schools. Now lost 2 in a row at home against the LA schools. I think they are only 1-4 at home in conference now? Weird.
Leger-Walker averages 20.7 points a game and has missed 4 of WSU’s 5 conference losses because she has been back in New Zealand due to a personal family matter.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Leger-Walker averages 20.7 points a game and has missed 4 of WSU’s 5 conference losses because she has been back in New Zealand due to a personal family matter.
Didn't realize she was back in New Zealand again. So I think she was missing in all 4 of the home losses. Well that changes everything.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
No Lepolo for Stanford today. Anybody know if she's injured?

edit--apparently she was injured in the first quarter of the game against Utah

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Arizona completes the season sweep of Arizona St. ASU is really gonna make a run at going winless in conference. Unbelievable how far they've fallen.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford beats Colorado, now alone in first place. Another poor shooting game by Brink and Jones, but they were able to overcome it. How in the world does anyone ever allow Jump to get shots behind the arc at this stage in her career? Led them w/ 21 points, 5 made 3's. Probably something like 75% of her shot attempts during her career are from long range.

edit--looks like Miller and Vonleh fairly well held their own in the front court battle; Miller had some strong games against Stanford when she was at UW

Reaction Score
Stanford beats Colorado, now alone in first place. Another poor shooting game by Brink and Jones, but they were able to overcome it. How in the world does anyone ever allow Jump to get shots behind the arc at this stage in her career? Led them w/ 21 points, 5 made 3's. Probably something like 75% of her shot attempts during her career are from long range.

edit--looks like Miller and Vonleh fairly well held their own in the front court battle; Miller had some strong games against Stanford when she was at UW
Stanford was able to overcome in large measure due to 18 rebounds by Jones. Yes, her 5 of 16 from the floor was less than stellar, but as she usually does, Haley found a way.

To their credit, Miller and Vonleh combined for 19.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score

Colorado chose to try to stop Stanford inside and sometimes even helped off of Jump one pass away. She made them pay dearly for that.

Reaction Score

Jump had one of those Curry shooting nights. I swear on a few of those shots, the defender contested the shot to the best of their ability. Jump was in that shooting groove yesterday.

Reaction Score
PAC 12 Network. Kill it before it kills your conference!

Reaction Score

Whose pockets were lined with the $50M overpayment?

Reaction Score

Unbelievable. PAC12 Networks already have their issues with distribution and future negotiations. Now this overpayment scandal? Bloody insane and infuriating.

Reaction Score
Whose pockets were lined with the $50M overpayment?
https://media.tenor.com/7j0Ac3Oe98UAAAAC/the-russians.gif

1674503774039.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom