"Other" games of note, Week 2 (Nov. 12-18) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

"Other" games of note, Week 2 (Nov. 12-18)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wait ... you mean Duke doesn't owe them anymore?

Well we do..... but.... it might have to be settled on the football field or soccer... or field hockey

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tulane over LSU 24-16 5' left in 2Q. Tulane 10-0 in Q2

Reaction Score
Very little happened. Rice players moved back and Carter got her composure quickly.
I think there wasn't much of a fight but Carter was frustrated and it carried over into the timeout where you could see Blair and teammates telling her to calm down. Afterward on the radio, Blair said the team needs to "let coaches coach and players listen" during timeouts instead of "it being like The View".

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think there wasn't much of a fight but Carter was frustrated and it carried over into the timeout where you could see Blair and teammates telling her to calm down. Afterward on the radio, Blair said the team needs to "let coaches coach and players listen" during timeouts instead of "it being like The View".
Blair is one of my favorite interviews in the game. Does he have a regular radio show I can tune in to?

Reaction Score
Carter’s weakness has always been her inability to control her emotions. She must learn to play under control or she is a real detriment.

Reaction Score
31-16 Tulane

We haven't scored in the 2nd quarter still

1:53 left in the 2nd

Reaction Score
Blair is one of my favorite interviews in the game. Does he have a regular radio show I can tune in to?
The season's first episode of the Gary Blair radio show is tomorrow night at 6PM CST. I don't know if it streams live but if it does it's on the local 1620AM station, which I know I've streamed in the past. The athletics dept is supposed to post the audio to the 12thman.com website, but they aren't always there, IIRC.

My wife and I started going to them, but mostly in the Spring semester due to teaching schedules the following Tuesday. They're at a local Rudy's franchise.

Reaction Score
Tulane leading 31-18 at half

Outscored 17-2 in the 2nd quarter

CsCfNomWEAAFmwR.jpg:large

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
A&M holds one. Carter on the year with 69 shots in 3 games but just 8 assists and 11 turnovers. Not convinced at all that she/A&M has turned a new leaf. Guessing SEC runs through Columbia this year.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Fixed that.

I can deal with that fix. Saw USF beat them. I was trying to be kind to Texas. They're actually a bad team. Out of shape, no offensive flow. Not a lot of defense.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A&M holds one. Carter on the year with 69 shots in 3 games but just 8 assists and 11 turnovers. Not convinced at all that she/A&M has turned a new leaf. Guessing SEC runs through Columbia this year.

Mizzou isnt that good this season.

Reaction Score
LSU making a run to cut the lead 31-27, Tulane with 4 turnovers and no points in 3rd

Plebe

Reaction Score
I can deal with that fix. Saw USF beat them. I was trying to be kind to Texas. They're actually a bad team. Out of shape, no offensive flow. Not a lot of defense.
On the Texas board, even the people who have been historically inclined to give Aston a chance are completely over it. The game thread had at least twice as many posts about "who should be our next coach" than about the game itself.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In other action:
  • Princeton gets a solid win over FGCU, 67-53, but Alarie appeared to reaggravate her knee injury and played only 11 minutes. The emerging player for Berube's squad is junior point guard Carlie Littlefield, who had 18 today and is averaging 17.3 points, 4.75 assists, and 3.75 steals in the first four games. (Edit: I just saw that Littlefield left the game with an apparent leg injury in mid-3Q. Princeton will need both Alarie and Littlefield to get healthy.)

• GW got a last-second bucket on an alley-oop to win at Memphis:

• St. John's led by as much as 12 in 3Q at James Madison, but it was JMU's turn to get a comeback win, 76-73.

• Ohio picked up a significant road win at Ohio State, 74-68. (But I give props to McGuff for playing a mid-major in-state rival, unlike schools like Florida State and Miami that refuse to schedule tough mid-majors like USF and FGCU.)

• Penn State had an epic collapse at home, getting outscored 33-13 in the 4th quarter by LaSalle to lose by 2.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford up 12-6 early over Gonzaga. There are 3 sets of twins between the 2 teams. Is that some kind of record?

Reaction Score
On my way to the game, I was listening to the legendary Texas radio announcer Craig Way interview UT assistant Jamie Carey talk about how containing McDonald was their focus coming into the game.

Well, McDonald exited the game with about 7 or 8 minutes to play having scored 44 points.
REALLY good hire. If they can stay at at rate they’re going they can win the ACC. They haven’t really played anybody but I’ve never known Georgia Tech to be blowing teams out either. That was a really good hire.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Stanford up 12-6 early over Gonzaga. There are 3 sets of twins between the 2 teams. Is that some kind of record?
With Missy Barlow calling every kind of ticky tacky foul, this is going to be a loooong game. She's Stanford's kryptonite manifest in the form of an overly officious official. We usually pull it out in the end, but she throws off our fluidity on offense by calling all kinds of nonsense fouls on both sides. And the sad part is that it just makes for ugly basketball.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
@TheFarmFan are you at all concerned about Williams and Carrington not producing all that much to start the season? I know they've had some easy blowout wins, but so far neither has scored today. I figured both would have big seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom