OT/Throwback - Did we recruit Brooks Sales? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT/Throwback - Did we recruit Brooks Sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yep, Matthews played for Wisconsin. In 1979 our starting 5 + 2 others(Abro and Clay Johnson) came from CT.

Reaction Score
Yep, Matthews played for Wisconsin. In 1979 our starting 5 + 2 others(Abro and Clay Johnson) came from CT.

Corny, McKay, Dulin, Aleksinas and ??? ……..

LaVigne was gone…….killing me I should know…….

Reaction Score
You're right, Matthews was a Badger. Confused him with Mark Hall from Springfield, Mass. who played for Minnesota in the late 70's.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Super John Williamson's kid (Maurice) was a 4 year starter at LSU. Played with Shaq and was a very good, but not great player.

Reaction Score
You're right, Matthews was a Badger. Confused him with Mark Hall from Springfield, Mass. who played for Minnesota in the late 70's.

Mark Hall played against the Huskies at the HCC I believe with Randy Breuer and Tent Tucker - NIT??

I moved up here to WesMass in '90 and heard a lot of talk about his hoops prowess……also about his habits off the court which I believe eventually took his life. BUt up here they say he was one of, if not THE best player to ever come out of Springfield.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Corny, McKay, Dulin, Aleksinas and ??? ……..

LaVigne was gone…….killing me I should know…….

Didn't Clay Johnson get most of the time at SG that year? Hobbs and Giscombe came the next year. Miller and Sullivan were on the bench at guard.

Reaction Score
HI with Nash (UCONN would have been in heaven to have Nash on their roster in '72 to help an 8-17 club) was way more than just decent. He led the rainbows in '72 to their best season in their history to this day. I was in the Fieldhouse to witness Nash & co. in Feb. '72 eke out a 77-71 win.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
superjohn said:
Umass was the first school on Camby, they were recruiting him since he was a freshman. Camby has said he wanted to play for UConn but they just didn't show much interest, Calhoun says otherwise. Who knows if games would have ever been forfeited if he did come to UConn, Calhoun wouldn't have bought him jewelry and hookers like coach Slimeball. It's fun to look back and wonder what if, all in all I would say things have worked out for us pretty darn well in these situations.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the improper benefits received by Kirk King and Ricky Moore in some way related to the same people hooking up Camby with stuff? I also seem to remember Camby hanging around Uconn players while at UMass. And aren't our 96 tournament wins vacated? I could be wrong, but it rings a bell.

To quote the godfather:

" were both part of the same hypocrisy, senator but never think it applies to my family "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom