OT: Knicks and Spike Lee | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Knicks and Spike Lee

Reaction Score
Dolan is and idiot and Spike Lee spends enough money that he should probably get whatever he wants. With that being said, I have no sympathy for celebrities who feel that they deserve special treatment because of who they are and what they spend. Why is this news? It's news because Spike wants it to be news. If you don't like the way you're treated, then don't go. It's the reason why I haven't been to Sally's Apizza in 10 years.

Reaction Score
Why is this news? It's news because Spike wants it to be news. If you don't like the way you're treated, then don't go.

1) You can't even see Spike Lee in the clip. This was filmed and released by someone else and became news.
2) He's not going anymore because he doesn't like the way he was treated.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
He's in the business of self-promotion. Literally, that's his business, part of movie-making. & you're saying his movies are fraudulent? Yes, Son of Sam was awful (no need to bash the Red Sox when there's a serial killer on the loose) but on the whole, his films have been excellent, especially Bamboozled.
Did not comment on movies. that is an assumption on your part. He acts like he was raised in the hood when actually he ha an upper middle class youth. His dad was a dentist.

Reaction Score
Did not comment on movies. that is an assumption on your part. He acts like he was raised in the hood when actually he ha an upper middle class youth. His dad was a dentist.
He acts like he was raised in the hood. What???

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If you don't like the way you're treated, then don't go. It's the reason why I haven't been to Sally's Apizza in 10 years.
Sally's notably treats people better in the past year.
Longer hours, more days open, and great pizza too.

Reaction Score
1) You can't even see Spike Lee in the clip. This was filmed and released by someone else and became news.
Yes, but
1. He acted like a child, screaming in a tantrum
2. Followed up with an interview with Steven A.
If he didn’t like the treatment, then take your business elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Yes, but

1. He acted like a child, screaming in a tantrum
2. Followed up with an interview with Steven A.
If he didn’t like the treatment, then take your business elsewhere.
The guy has spent over $10 million dollars in season tickets alone. He was being denied access to his $3400 seat.

He was justifiably upset.

He didn't like the treatment, and isn't returning this year.

He's doing exactly what you are saying he should. You obviously don't have the facts and are quick to criticize.

He was invited on the show, he accepted. If you don't like it, don't watch.

Reaction Score
The guy has spent over $10 million dollars in season tickets alone. He was being denied access to his $3400 seat.

He was justifiably upset.

He didn't like the treatment, and isn't returning this year.

He's doing exactly what you are saying he should. You obviously don't have the facts and are quick to criticize.

He was invited on the show, he accepted. If you don't like it, don't watch.
His ticket was also scanned and he went up to the 5th floor level where the court is, which he's always done. Why would they scan his ticket and let him up if it's not allowed and they've warned him a million times?

The guy has spent millions of dollars on tickets and instead of celebrating their Leon Rose hire and getting positive press they alienate their biggest public fan of all-time and get terrible press. Dolan had one of their most beloved all-time player's (Oakley) put in handcuffs. He's kicked out kids from the Garden for questioning his leadership. This clearly isn't a Spike Lee problem, like everything else it's a petulant failson James Dolan problem.

Reaction Score
When has he ever said otherwise? Please show me a clip or article quote. Lol

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So you're saying things in anyone's life should never change? That's kind of a strange take.
I think it's strange that's what you got from my take. Change in any very longstanding situation like this, without any advance warning or explanation followed by heavy-handed treatment would be jarring to anyone. The guy acted no worse and probably better than many would. Yet I see folks on this board go right to the ad hominem attacks.

Reaction Score
Regardless James Dolan is a terrible owner, behaves egotistically and almost always makes the wrong decision. Doesn't matter if someone behaves great, or badly, is famous or Joe Schmo - Dolan sucks more.

Reaction Score
I think it's strange that's what you got from my take. Change in any very longstanding situation like this, without any advance warning or explanation followed by heavy-handed treatment would be jarring to anyone. The guy acted no worse and probably better than many would. Yet I see folks on this board go right to the ad hominem attacks.
I somewhat agree with you, although the average person would not react that violently. If you believe the Knicks though then I wouldn't agree with you.

“The idea that Spike Lee is a victim because we have repeatedly asked him to not use our employee entrance and instead use a dedicated VIP entrance – which is used by every other celebrity who enters The Garden – is laughable,” the team said. “It’s disappointing that Spike would create this false controversy to perpetuate drama. He is welcome to come to The Garden anytime via the VIP or general entrance; just not through our employee entrance, which is what he and Jim agreed to last night when they shook hands.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What a joke - let the guy use the entrance he always has - good christ he's earned it that's for sure, for pain and suffering alone. Odd hill to chose to die on for the Knicks, but they're a textbook case in how to not do anything right.

Anyone else says why can't I use the entrance Spike does, you say, he's our celebrity public relations ambassador.

Reaction Score
I somewhat agree with you, although the average person would not react that violently. If you believe the Knicks though then I wouldn't agree with you.

“The idea that Spike Lee is a victim because we have repeatedly asked him to not use our employee entrance and instead use a dedicated VIP entrance – which is used by every other celebrity who enters The Garden – is laughable,” the team said. “It’s disappointing that Spike would create this false controversy to perpetuate drama. He is welcome to come to The Garden anytime via the VIP or general entrance; just not through our employee entrance, which is what he and Jim agreed to last night when they shook hands.”
C'mon. What is the actual purpose of that statement by the Knicks? How does that possibly help the basketball team? It is beyond stupid and quite literally a self-inflicted wound.

Dear Prospective Free Agents:
We will unnecessarily trade away actual good players under a misguided hope of luring you to our franchise. We reject the notion that a good organization, players or coaches are helpful in building a good team. And make no mistake, we will belittle & publicly embarrass anyone regardless of loyalty, profile, money, power or prestige. Signing a big contract with us won't make you any less susceptible to petty whims, simply remember whomever signs the checks will always be most important. The numerous players and coaches whose careers have ended or virtually ended here is no coincidence (Allen Houston, ECurry, McDyess, Marbury, Amare, Carmelo, Isiah, Phil J ) and representative of these facts.
Without remorse & quite possibly vindictively,
James Dolan
P.S. We've included two free tickets to see the ironically named JD & The Straight Shot. Consider the pain of listening to this as insight into what your soul will feel like as a member of the NYK.

Reaction Score
And just so your BS is straight, his dad is a jazz musician. He is not a dentist. I am guessing you are thinking of Miles Davis' father, whom you probably also hate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom