OT: Knicks and Spike Lee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Knicks and Spike Lee

Reaction Score
After his ticket was scanned and he tried to get off on the fifth floor where the court is, security asked Lee to leave the Garden and re-enter via 31st St.. He said he put his hands behind his back and told them, “Arrest me like my brother Charles Oakley.”

After getting to his seat, Lee said Dolan approached him and said, “We have to talk.”

“Mr. Dolan, I don’t want to talk about anything,” Lee said he told the owner.

“The idea that Spike Lee is a victim because we have repeatedly asked him to not use our employee entrance and instead use a dedicated VIP entrance – which is used by every other celebrity who enters The Garden – is laughable,” the team said. “It’s disappointing that Spike would create this false controversy to perpetuate drama. He is welcome to come to The Garden anytime via the VIP or general entrance; just not through our employee entrance, which is what he and Jim agreed to last night when they shook hands.”

Reaction Score
Dolan is an idiot, but so is Spike Lee in this situation. Celebrities and their sense of entitlement, sigh...
That may be true but why are you taking the Knicks side of things?

Reaction Score
That may be true but why are you taking the Knicks side of things?
Exactly, if you've been going to the Knicks games under Dolan's ludicrously bad tenure and you have any pull it is incumbent on you to use any situation possible against Dolan.

Reaction Score
Like Spike or hate him, no one represents the team like he does. Unless it is a security issue or liability, why alienate a marquee customer? Sometimes being right just isn't worth it. Dolan must be single.....

Reaction Score
Hey, I'm just going with the general tenor on here. You just got caught up in my crossfire. :D
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I assume there is a swipe or access code for team entrance??
Just change Spike's access to VIP access only.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Well Spike and others have a choice now and KD will be back next year. Dolan is not gonna change or sell.

Reaction Score
I wasn't even going there but it would be like getting Paul Giamatti confused with Brad Pitt.

Haha true. I was more than happy to go there. I didn't even follow what he was saying at first when he commented on the denzel not having glasses.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
self promoting fraud (he's not worth wasting time discussing

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Is this post meant in jest? Nobody gives a crap about the Knicks outside of NYC. They are a laughing stock.

Easily worst owner in professional sports. Has a goldmine and turns out a flying turd. every. single. year.

Most petty, no nothing guy in the game. I'm not even a Knicks fan, but feel bad for them.

Funny that Knicks, Mets, Jets all have the same issue. Bad ownership
For the most part I think you can add the Giants to that list as well. Who else has 25 year rebuilding programs?
I was a fan since grammar school but got tired of the same old same old Mara's who certainly seem to have good to great press despite a continued run of ineptitude that is beyond the pale.

Reaction Score
For the most part I think you can add the Giants to that list as well. Who else has 25 year rebuilding programs?
I was a fan since grammar school but got tired of the same old same old Mara's who certainly seem to have good to great press despite a continued run of ineptitude that is beyond the pale.
What? The Giants have won 2 super bowls in the last 12 years. The Cowboys haven't won one since 1996. The Browns haven't been to the playoffs in 17 years.

Ownership has made some bad hires recently. But you're crazy if 2 super bowls since 2008 is "continued run of ineptitude that is beyond the pale".

Forget the NFL, they aren't even the worst owners in the NFC East.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I mean, I get the point you are trying to make, but two SuperBowl Championships strips away pretty much all that losing.

Put it this way, absolutely zero teams are feeling sorry for the Giants right now.

Reaction Score
I'm a Giants, Mets, and Knicks fan. I'd kill for the Mets and Knicks to have the level of ineptitude the Giants have had recently

Reaction Score
self promoting fraud (he's not worth wasting time discussing

He's in the business of self-promotion. Literally, that's his business, part of movie-making. & you're saying his movies are fraudulent? Yes, Son of Sam was awful (no need to bash the Red Sox when there's a serial killer on the loose) but on the whole, his films have been excellent, especially Bamboozled.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hate the Knicks so I'm pretty much pro-Dolan. But that even screwed me. I saw Joe Walsh a few year's back at Mohegan. His previous concerts that tour were with Bad Company. The one I caught opened with JD and Straight Shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom