OT: Is Burger King Killing It? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Is Burger King Killing It?

Reaction Score
I've seen how fructose is broken down by the liver (just like alcohol as you mentioned, speaking of extra ancillary metabolic processes) and excess is stored purely as fat; while glucose is highly versatile and is stored throughout the body's tissues to be used more efficiently for energy

Sure someone can do some whacko short-term diet and lose lbs on the scale but that person is objectively less healthy
They've shown that in terms of health, food intake is almost irrelevant for the average person. You're better off at 160 eating Twinkies than 200 eating a balanced diet

Reaction Score
They've shown that in terms of health, food intake is almost irrelevant for the average person. You're better off at 160 eating Twinkies than 200 eating a balanced diet
What???

Reaction Score
So 160 calories of Twinkies is now, broadly speaking, healthier in the long term than 200 calories of apples and broccoli

lol way to disqualify yourself from any future discussion on nutrition

Reaction Score
So 160 calories of Twinkies is now, broadly speaking, healthier in the long term than 200 calories of apples and broccoli

lol way to disqualify yourself from any future discussion on nutrition
should have said pounds. You're better off weighing 160 eating twinkies than at 200lbs eating a balanced diet

Reaction Score
should have said pounds. You're better off weighing 160 eating twinkies than at 200lbs eating a balanced diet
So why don't we all just eat Twinkies? Why do the entire medical and dietary fields of science recommend a balanced diet and (literally) a few outliers see no problem with consuming a diet where Twinkies are a staple?

Do you have any sense of how intrinsically crazy these statements you've been making sound?

Reaction Score
Come on, that's a ridiculous statement.

Reaction Score
The Whopper is still a fantastic burger and people that don't think that are bad and wrong.

I will find and fight everyone who thinks my opinion is bad. Because you are bad.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This is a flatly incorrect use of "noob." It's actually the reverse, no?

Nope only Arby's noobs don't know about the game change.

August_West

Reaction Score
Still using it wrong.

Lol noob. Do you even pork belly, bro?

If no then you are an Arby's noob. I don't care if you ate a Beef n' cheddar in 1981.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Lol noob. Do you even pork belly, bro?

If no then you are an Arby's noob. I don't care if you ate a Beef n' cheddar in 1981.

Still using it wrong but I admire your tenacity.

Reaction Score
Jmick, superjohn , and rock killing each other ITT.

Brings a tear to my eye with old school cesspool nostalgia.
Been pretty boring down there lately

Pal can't figure out how to access it and I've been ignoring Karl given he's completely unreadable at this point

No JSM, no shizzle, no kaizen, no sdorange... and Kathy and the other couple newcomers who stumbled in are simply not picking up the slack

Tom you really did kill the 'pool off

August_West

Reaction Score

Pal can't figure out how to access it and I've been ignoring Karl given he's completely unreadable at this point

No JSM, no shizzle, no kaizen, no sdorange... and Kathy and the other couple newcomers who stumbled in are simply not picking up the slack

Kaizen is back!

Reaction Score
Olive Garden lunch I like - cold salad, solid soups as well as fast service makes for a good stop while on the road. Pasta Fagiola, Minestrone are good and that sausage soup is good but filling.

Not a big fan of the cuisine on the menu but it's not awful.
Never liked Olive Garden, it's a glorified soup kitchen for Grandma and Grandpa. Who in their right mind is thinking soup when they walk into an italian restaurant? If you want soup do Campbell's Chunky for a buck on sale.

Reaction Score
burger king's efforts in the last few years have been amateurish at best. really brutal

on the other hand i have been known to have one of their new Bacon Kings/Cowboy King a time or two
Their efforts at cutting prices have definitely worked. Two Whoppers for $6 is something Mickey D's or Wendys can't touch.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

The Pool has been insufferable last few months. There are now so many low effort posts (exception being OTP's verbose circle jerks) that Carl is now actually a highlight.

Not sure how it is in CT, but BK has lost Pittsburgh. Very few left. Used to be one a half mile from my house and I did enjoy the occasional Whopper Jr. But the fries... JHC the fries were awful.

Reaction Score
Never liked Olive Garden, it's a glorified soup kitchen for Grandma and Grandpa. Who in their right mind is thinking soup when they walk into an italian restaurant? If you want soup do Campbell's Chunky for a buck on sale.

The point is they have a great soup and salad for lunch who gives a rats a** what I am supposed to think when I walk in any restaurant? They have it, it’s good fresh and fast should I not go because it’s not what I’d expect from Olive Garden? Now that’s another stupid opinion and you’re loaded with those.

Reaction Score
The point is they have a great soup and salad for lunch who gives a rats a** what I am supposed to think when I walk in any restaurant? They have it, it’s good fresh and fast should I not go because it’s not what I’d expect from Olive Garden? Now that’s another stupid opinion and you’re loaded with those.
I gave an honest opinion why I don't like Olive Garden and you go on with the personal attack. Any restaurant chain claiming to be an italian restaurant chain that has half it's menu made up of cheap assembly line soups turns me off. I like seeing good old fashioned Italian entrees like lasagna, pizza, spaghetti & meatballs, chicken parmesan, veal parmesan, Bolonesge over pasta, eggplant rollitin, sausage & peppers, good ravioli, stuffed shells, Baccala, and many other classic Italian dishes. If I want a cheap fast but good soup or salad I go to Panera Bread and if it's real Italian food on a budget, Sbarro or Bertucci. You're defending Olive Garden against contrary opinions just like you defended Kevin Ollie for the longest time. Jerk

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom