OT: Is Burger King Killing It? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Is Burger King Killing It?

Reaction Score
chick fil a is generally overrated but their original chicken sandwich and their spicy chicken sandwiches are great. I'm not a huge fan of anything else. It's all edible but too expensive.

We just got a popeyes pretty recently in Danbury. I still haven't gone but I'm going to try it on my cheat day next week
Waste a cheat day at Popeye's? Come on man, all those places are terrible. Go to Pepe's and eat a large pie by yourself.

Reaction Score
Waste a cheat day at Popeye's? Come on man, all those places are terrible. Go to Pepe's and eat a large pie by yourself.
A large pizza is like 3500 calories. A cheat day at Popeyes is probably 800-1000. Big difference. I'm still losing weight.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don’t understand the Popeyes hate! Who doesn’t like fried chicken and biscuits??! What’s wrong with you people?!

BK go to order was bacon double cheeseburger and an original chicken sandwich. There’s something comforting in the glancing resemblance to chicken in that chicken patty.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
it's great. millions of views from fast food reviews. America.

He reviewed water once and it got over a million views.

It’s him, not the food.

Reaction Score
They actually are.

Physics, and that sort of thing, you know.
Dumb post that I deleted but not for that reason.

100 calories of fried chicken is completely different than 100 calories of apples

Reaction Score
Dumb post that I deleted but not for that reason.

100 calories of soda is completely different than 100 calories of orange juice in the sense of how each is processed, stored, and used by the body.

No. 100 calories of regular sugar coke is the same as 100 calories of orange juice. Juice is terrible

Reaction Score
A large pizza is like 3500 calories. A cheat day at Popeyes is probably 800-1000. Big difference. I'm still losing weight.
Yeah but one of them tastes great and the other should be dumped directly in the toilet.

Reaction Score
Yeah but one of them tastes great and the other should be dumped directly in the toilet.
Like I said, haven't had Popeyes yet so can't comment on quality. My current cheat meals are Chinese food and alcohol. Name a better duo, I'll wait.

Reaction Score
No. 100 calories of regular sugar coke is the same as 100 calories of orange juice. Juice is terrible
Wrong

Naturally-occurring Glucose and highly-processed Fructose are processed and stored differently

Juice is terrible if you do it like Steve Jobs and don't take adequate fiber to compensate for insulin production. Soda is terrible period.

Reaction Score
Wrong

Naturally-occurring Glucose and highly-processed Fructose are processed and stored differently
Wrong (given context). I get into this argument all the time and the science doesn't support this for weight loss. I can get any overweight person in here on a fast food and sugar diet to lose 10lbs in 30 days and it won't matter if they're drinking coca cola or orange juice.

Reaction Score
Like I said, haven't had Popeyes yet so can't comment on quality. My current cheat meals are Chinese food and alcohol. Name a better duo, I'll wait.
Pizza and tacos. You got the alcohol part right though.

Reaction Score
Wrong (given context). I get into this argument all the time and the science doesn't support this for weight loss. I can get any overweight person in here on a fast food and sugar diet to lose 10lbs in 30 days and it won't matter if they're drinking coca cola or orange juice.
Calories in VS. Calories out. It's really that simple. People always want to dig deeper into the reason they're fat as ish but that's the only real reason.

Reaction Score
I can't eat KFC. it's the only fast food that really bothers me. I'm hoping popeyes is a different story but when I eat it I'm going to make sure I don't have to be anywhere after lol
I have a cast iron stomach but for some reason every time I've had KFC I've had a toilet horror show afterwards. It's a shame because it is tasty food to enjoy once in a while.

Reaction Score
All I can do is suggest you look in to how each are metabolized by the body.

Reaction Score
Pizza and tacos. You got the alcohol part right though.
Eh idk about tacos. Pizza is a strong argument though. A couple McDonald's mcdoubles after a night out are fire though. My hangover cure in college was a mcdouble and a Powerade. Always felt better after

Reaction Score
All I can do is suggest you look in to how each are metabolized by the body.
I have literally researched the hell out of this because of one of my friends lol. As far as weight loss goes, it's just calories in and calories out. The source does not matter. The only thing I've found that effects it is alcohol because your body spends time breaking it down instead of burning calories. Did you see the piece on the Twinkie diet?

Reaction Score
Eh idk about tacos. Pizza is a strong argument though. A couple McDonald's mcdoubles after a night out are fire though. My hangover cure in college was a mcdouble and a Powerade. Always felt better after
Tacos in Chicago>>tacos in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
College was OG Four Loko/PBR Za then Ben and Jerry's. Lift in the morning sweat out the toxins and bingo bango. I got married pretty quickly after college and thank god too because that combo every weekend for much longer would have put me in the dirt by now.

Reaction Score
I have literally researched the hell out of this because of one of my friends lol. As far as weight loss goes, it's just calories in and calories out. The source does not matter. The only thing I've found that effects it is alcohol because your body spends time breaking it down instead of burning calories. Did you see the piece on the Twinkie diet?
I've seen how fructose is broken down by the liver (just like alcohol as you mentioned, speaking of extra ancillary metabolic processes) and excess is stored purely as fat; while glucose is highly versatile and is stored throughout the body's tissues to be used more efficiently for energy

Sure someone can do some whacko short-term diet and lose lbs on the scale but that person is objectively less healthy

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Noob.

Arbys overhauled their entire menu and food service model in 2011. So you have no frame of reference.

Also I too very much enjoyed a Whopper in the day, although I would tell them to hold the ketchup (have it your way at Burger King)

But if it's been since 05 you will be profoundly disappointed for picking one up now. Not same. Sucks.

This is a flatly incorrect use of "noob." It's actually the reverse, no?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom