OT: CFP spot reserved for the SEC? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: CFP spot reserved for the SEC?

Reaction Score
This was my first thought.

If FSU needed any further evidence that the ACC is the red-headed stepchild of the P5, this is it. A lot of folks on Tobacco Road getting hot under the collar today.

It's also very unlikely (given their QB injuries) that FSU goes undefeated in the SEC.

Reaction Score
It's a house of cards. Every year you're just supposed to believe the SEC is better than everybody else, because that's what ESPN tells you to believe.
Kirk Herbstreit, in particular, needs to keep his mouth shut. A mediocre QB at best at Ohio State, his opinion is no more valuable than the fans who watch the game. Hell, FSU's third string QB has a better skill set than Mr. Buckeye. Kirk, STFU.

Reaction Score
If anyone had any doubts whatsoever that the SEC owns college football, that doubt was removed today. Alabama lost at home to Texas. Their wins were less than inspiring. They lose to Auburn if the ref does the right thing and flags the receiver for offensive pass interference: note that all day/night, when the networks showed that play, they only showed the field view showing the catch and not the overhead view that clearly showed the push off and if the roles were reversed and an Auburn receiver made that catch to beat Alabama, it would most certainly have been called back. Georgia was also an uninspiring team, with a cupcake schedule, (am I seeing this right. Only 4 road games??? and only 1 of those against a ranked team (Tenn at 18). All the blather about what should and shouldn't matter and they refer to Georgia's win streak. Apparently, games played 2 years ago matter more that 13-0 this year when the SEC is in the picture.

I also can't understand the lack of chatter about Ohio State. 1 loss, to the #1 seed on the road, by 6 points.

I'm disgusted (and ranting). Thanks for listening.:D

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score
If you need to ask this question you haven’t been paying attention.

Reaction Score
If anyone had any doubts whatsoever that the SEC owns college football, that doubt was removed today. Alabama lost at home to Texas. Their wins were less than inspiring. They lose to Auburn if the ref does the right thing and flags the receiver for offensive pass interference: note that all day/night, when the networks showed that play, they only showed the field view showing the catch and not the overhead view that clearly showed the push off and if the roles were reversed and an Auburn receiver made that catch to beat Alabama, it would most certainly have been called back. Georgia was also an uninspiring team, with a cupcake schedule, (am I seeing this right. Only 4 road games??? and only 1 of those against a ranked team (Tenn at 18). All the blather about what should and shouldn't matter and they refer to Georgia's win streak. Apparently, games played 2 years ago matter more that 13-0 this year when the SEC is in the picture.

I also can't understand the lack of chatter about Ohio State. 1 loss, to the #1 seed on the road, by 6 points.

I'm disgusted (and ranting). Thanks for listening.:D
I also couldn't understand Alabama leaping over Ohio State who's only loss was to the number one ranked team. I don't recall Ohio State's quarterback being hurt for the rest of the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom