OT: CFP spot reserved for the SEC? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: CFP spot reserved for the SEC?

Reaction Score
The announcers at the Florida game started talking about the number of 1st round picks on Georgia and Alabama? Is that a criteria? If future pro stars is the most important factor in deciding which teams deserves a championship, then that would explain why Kentucky basketball has won every national title since Calipari got to Lexington. Oh, wait.
I thought Joe Tessitore (whom I'm not a fan of) was in full SEC propaganda mode last night on the FSU broadcast.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Mich, Wash, and Bama.

Last spot FSU or Georgia. Who is the better team? Does anyone doubt who is the better team?
I do. I also seriously doubt anyone who thinks "does anybody doubt?" is a decision tool.

Reaction Score
I see no way espn leaves Alabama out. They will have no issues sacrificing FSU.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Is that poor reporter at FSU going to stay in that room when the brackets are announced?? Might be dangerous and not safe for TV when ESPN, I mean the committee, screws them.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Let it all burn baby!!!

Fire Elmo GIF

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Wow! I am surprised. Once Texas was #3 though, I thought there was a chance this would happen.

Reaction Score
No one can deny that network television doesn't have anything to do with these things. But this is really a tough one. FSU won all their games and that should be enough, but everyone knows they aren't beating any good team with their backup quarterbacks. I don't think they are as good as any of these teams with Travis, much less without him.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
ESPN showed they don't care about the ACC when Booger went ballistic and gave a legit argument why FSU should have been in and how Bama need a prayer to beat Auburn, a team destroyed by NMSU (his words). Immediately, Reese sent it to the other guy who immediately said, what was the SOS for Alabama? Basically saying the ACC is trash and winning that program means nothing even though it's P5.

It's simply incredible.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
ESPN and FSU have had a mini war all season. And FSU isn't getting much love from the ACC head shed after they told the world that they would love to bolt.

ESPN's main property, that they sell endlessly, is the SEC...whether fan paranoia or real, FSU folks believe that ESPN talking heads are scripted...

I don't think that a 13-0 P5 conference champ will be left out..but there is drumbeat from PO'd Alabama-Georgia fans and their ESPN sounding boards.

ESPN owns the ACC and bends them over when ever it suits Bristol's desires.

ACC is controlled by ESPN and is its ho.

Reaction Score
Big problem...FSU has 10-11 going pro...

Why not skip a meaningless bowl after a let down?

Reaction Score
BUT ESPN had FSU's SOS as #3...

Played more P5 bowl eligible teams than any other candidates...

UCFBfan

Reaction Score

I hope they do. However, there might be a desire to win

Reaction Score

That is going to be every year for them if Norvell continues to try and use the portal as his main way of stocking a roster. That, and a 6th year QB got them to this season. It's a shame they didn't get a chance to play it all the way out.

Reaction Score
Mich, Wash, and Bama.

Last spot FSU or Georgia. Who is the better team? Does anyone doubt who is the better team?
Texas? Texas! Texas?

Reaction Score
Maybe they can use this snub to get out of the ACC GOR and into the SEC or Big 12

Reaction Score
Although FSU will probably be killed in the playoff, I just don't see how an undefeated P5 champion would be excluded by the committee. And, I don't see how the CFP can take Alabama over Texas due to Texas beating Alabama by 10 points @ Alabama. Thus, if FSU and Michigan win, SEC is out of the playoffs.
Apparently Not.

Reaction Score
Perhaps being left out will be the final push FSU needs to leave ACC.
This was my first thought.

If FSU needed any further evidence that the ACC is the red-headed stepchild of the P5, this is it. A lot of folks on Tobacco Road getting hot under the collar today.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Ouch…

He's right about how their defense has won them games and their team has risen above adversity of losing their top two QBs to win a conference championship. Their defense is stellar and could easily keep them in games. I'm reminded of the Ravens team that won the Superbowl led by Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Trent Dilfer was a game manager and allowed the defense to win games and the offense to just not lose the game. No reason to think FSU couldn't do the same.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom