Oklahoma vs Uconn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Oklahoma vs Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No problemo - If you hate us that means at least we have your attention :D

I actually do not hate OU that bad, relatively speaking. I grew up in Paris, TX, which is about 20 miles from the OK border, so I happen to know and like quite a few Okies. My best friend is from OK and is a big OU fan, so unless OU is playing Baylor or Texas I usually yell for OU out of respect to him.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I recall a Sherri presser postgame in Hartford a few years ago after getting thumped by UConn.
She was pretty much in tears over a string of losses to UConn [never beat them] and especially upset
by the UConn players hustling like madmen late in the game when her players had figuratively headed to the bus.
I think there was a [temporary] halt to the series at that point.

I remember way back when Geno was looking at Stacy Hansmeyer at a Norman High practice where
Sherri was coach at the time. He said to her something about 'do you know how good you are'...in terms of teaching
and organizing. I do believe Geno had something to do with her getting the OU job...maybe a strong recommendation to the then AD?
This article tells the whole story. Great read.
http://www.theday.com/article/20100405/SPORT06/304059967

Reaction Score
I actually do not hate OU that bad, relatively speaking. I grew up in Paris, TX, which is about 20 miles from the OK border, so I happen to know and like quite a few Okies. My best friend is from OK and is a big OU fan, so unless OU is playing Baylor or Texas I usually yell for OU out of respect to him.
OK that's a start. It's habit forming...

Reaction Score
Texas must be donating well to the Austin Police Fund lately. .
Yeah they're clear down at #33 - think Charlie Strong cleaned house when he first came in. Baylor clear down in the big tie for #49. Texas A&M is up there representing the SEC at a very respectable #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom