Ok, enough is enough! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ok, enough is enough!

Reaction Score
As dominant as we have been, it’s inevitable that we will come back to Earth a little bit. These are 18-22 year old kids. There will be some struggles, and there have to be. I’d be worried if we went into the postseason without having lost or not having played any close games.

But for now I like being in the conversation for #1.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Kinda don't mind UConn being ranked #2. Signifies that their opponents are in for a world of sh_t. :D

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Patience. For 25 minutes of that game last night they looked nothing like a #1 team for the most part. Defense was solid throughout, that kept us on top. But the offense was sloppy the point position was not good and that will be an issue in tougher matchups.

One game at a time.
On offense maybe. UConn shot under 40% for the 2nd time this season and 68 points was the lowest output so far. I don't know which announcer said it, but he mentioned that Hinckle Fieldhouse can be a tough place to make shots. I'm not so worried anymore about the point. Newton needs to continue working on his handle, but the offense runs through the wing. As athletic as Jackson is, it is not necessary for him to be a prolific scorer. Anything more than 5 or 6 points from Jackson is gravy, but he more than makes up for his shooting performance with rebounding, facilitation, and defense.

Speaking of D, "Defense travels well," and UConn brought every bit of it. Offense should continue to be good enough, so long as they continue to bring 40 Minutes of Hades.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle
Top Bottom