Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think the passion is here for football. At the Syracuse game, the school that most UCONN fans hate, the stadium was mostly empty. A third of those in attendance wore Orange. It will be very hard to build a winner in the Big 10 with almost no D1 talent in your own state to recruit. Ithink UCONN should be happy being back in The Big East for hoops. Don't screw that up again for the pipe dream of D1 football. Connecticut, as a state can and will support NIL to bring in 10 or 12 basketball players. It will not support 80 football players. Ad for coach salaries there are plenty of good coaches, UCONN does not to pay in the top 50 in the country to get one.

Reaction Score
Yes, SU thinks about the Big East and CR, more so than some here believe. Everyone not in the P2 thinks about this sheet

"We through we'd left Villanova and Connecticut behind but instead we are in their rear-view mirror.

"Going to another conference for more money pleases the bean counters but it doesn't help us competitively because the other teams in the new conference get the same money. Meanwhile, we've moved away from our base and I think that's impacted us in all three of our major sports. I predict that USC and UCLA will have a rough go of it in the Big Ten because a lot of the kids they normally recruit are going to want to stay on the west coast.

"I've bemoaned the fact that the most populous area of the country, (the Northeast) doesn't have a collegiate conference representing them. But I now realize they do- the Big East.

"I think the whole thing will be reshuffled again before too long when the Big 10 and the SEC create their super-conferences and we aren't in one. Then we'll have to join with those who were 'left behind' in a conference that makes more sense for us."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UCONN needs the fans to support the football program much better, even if it is a losing team. BIG and SEC tolerate hoops football drives the bus and gets all the front seats. If UCONN wants in it needs to fill The Rent
The thing is, it went 500 in the regular season. I think Jim Mora is doing something special. People should climb on board now.. It’s going to be a great ride.

Reaction Score
I don't think the passion is here for football. At the Syracuse game, the school that most UCONN fans hate, the stadium was mostly empty. A third of those in attendance wore Orange. It will be very hard to build a winner in the Big 10 with almost no D1 talent in your own state to recruit. Ithink UCONN should be happy being back in The Big East for hoops. Don't screw that up again for the pipe dream of D1 football. Connecticut, as a state can and will support NIL to bring in 10 or 12 basketball players. It will not support 80 football players. Ad for coach salaries there are plenty of good coaches, UCONN does not to pay in the top 50 in the country to get one.
Your wrong about the football program if your winning the fans will come. It’s all about Mora coaching them up. Besides their better off being an independent.

Reaction Score
The thing is, it went 500 in the regular season. I think Jim Mora is doing something special. People should climb on board now.. It’s going to be a great ride.
He’s done good in the transfer portal and there was no mass exodus of guys leaving and had 2 guys stay their Senior year when they most likely would’ve been draft picks this month.

Reaction Score
"I think the whole thing will be reshuffled again before too long when the Big 10 and the SEC create their super-conferences and we aren't in one. Then we'll have to join with those who were 'left behind' in a conference that makes more sense for us."

I think this is exactly where it's all going. It's about to get very imbalanced with the SEC and BiG and a lot of schools are going to realize that they can't possibly compete at that level. They may not even want to. I don't profess to understand the details of the GORs, but assuming that it is in fact ironclad, this future may take another 10 years to completely unfold.

For fun I think about athletic departments like FSU and Clemson who must be losing their collective minds as the SEC and BiG run past them to the bank.

Reaction Score
No problem, Buffalocuse. Incognito doesn't mean s h it. Between honeypot, and a few scripts, duplicate users are found eventually.

Well I can't logout of my account there while on chrome so it just doesn't let me view. I sometimes have to use Safari.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I would disagree on passion for football and agree on the improbability a building a winning program in the Big 10.

I would love to see attendance anywhere else in the entire country if what happened to us with realignment and horrendous coaching.

You really think if say if an Illinois or Purdue got demoted to the MAC and then won 2 games a year for a decade their attendance wouldn't crater?

Reaction Score
In the Big East days, the stadium used to get a lot more fans. Hard to build given their independent status.

Also, realize that most schools have the advantage of an on stadium campus where 20,000 seats are filled by that fact alone.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Can we stay on task here?

Cuse is trending to become irrelevant if they haven’t already. They finished a game above BC. B-Frickin’-C. They PAY CELEBS TO COME TO THEIR GAMES! We have Aaron Jones and Bill Murray all over the media with UCONN gear. Hurley has the same amount of titles as Boeheim in 1/100 of the time

Reaction Score
Your wrong about the football program if your winning the fans will come. It’s all about Mora coaching them up. Besides their better off being an independent.
Getting paid to go on the road is easy. Problem with being Indy is getting decent teams to come to CT and boost attendance

Reaction Score

Our attendance and fan support was the same here as anywhere else before the AD took a bat to it's knees. 35-40k in the stands was normal for even a half decent D1 opponent. It would have grown by more if not for the worst possible downward spiral anyone could have imagined.

During the last years of Ollie, and the first of DH, the basketball attendance/fan support were terrible. We saw record low attendance. It was a pretty common topic here on the BY. It can happen to anyone who isn't at least competitive. It has nothing to do with people in CT just not caring for football.

The program won (iirc) 11 games over the 5 years before the 22 season. LSU fans wouldn't have showed under those circumstances either. And it wasn't just the lack of wins... it was the way it happened. Most games it looked like they couldnt get a snap off. It was like 3 year olds playing against the baltimore ravens. It wasnt just losses, it was losses to terrible teams by 35 points. No program could have survived that without taking a huge hit in support.

All they need to do is win a few games for a couple years in a row. Just be competent for a couple years, and it will be similar to before. We are not unique here. We will support our teams more when they win than when they lose...and almost none when they are the worst team in the country by a large margin (which we were).

Reaction Score
Our attendance and fan support was the same here as anywhere else before the AD took a bat to it's knees. 35-40k in the stands was normal for even a half decent D1 opponent. It would have grown by more if not for the worst possible downward spiral anyone could have imagined.

During the last years of Ollie, and the first of DH, the basketball attendance/fan support were terrible. We saw record low attendance. It was a pretty common topic here on the BY. It can happen to anyone who isn't at least competitive. It has nothing to do with people in CT just not caring for football.

The program won (iirc) 11 games over the 5 years before the 22 season. LSU fans wouldn't have showed under those circumstances either. And it wasn't just the lack of wins... it was the way it happened. Most games it looked like they couldnt get a snap off. It was like 3 year olds playing against the baltimore ravens. It wasnt just losses, it was losses to terrible teams by 35 points. No program could have survived that without taking a huge hit in support.

All they need to do is win a few games for a couple years in a row. Just be competent for a couple years, and it will be similar to before. We are not unique here. We will support our teams more when they win than when they lose...and almost none when they are the worst team in the country by a large margin (which we were).
Well said. UConn Football before last year with Jim Mora, well, was really downright horrendous and unwatchable. We all want to see them win, but the games were not competitive and were over after the 1st qtr with UConn trailing by 3 possessions.

Reaction Score
Circling back to how pathetically irrelevant Syracuse has become in the landscape of basketball, I have a strong gut feeling that Alex Karaban will surpass Syracuse and Jim Boeheim in titles.
As will Emmett Hendry.

Think about what a kick in the pants that will be.

(no offense intended Emmett, since i know you spend much of your free time lurking on the yard)

Reaction Score
I think this is exactly where it's all going. It's about to get very imbalanced with the SEC and BiG and a lot of schools are going to realize that they can't possibly compete at that level. They may not even want to. I don't profess to understand the details of the GORs, but assuming that it is in fact ironclad, this future may take another 10 years to completely unfold.

For fun I think about athletic departments like FSU and Clemson who must be losing their collective minds as the SEC and BiG run past them to the bank.
Even with the large disparity between the conferences, I think the competition will still be there. 130 football programs with 100 players each, those kids have to go somewhere and the P2 can only take so many. Troy finished ranked this year. Sure FSU and Clemson will be frustrated but everyone else will still enjoy being in competitive conferences. Or Indie.

Reaction Score
Getting paid to go on the road is easy. Problem with being Indy is getting decent teams to come to CT and boost attendance
Will have its challenges but their better being independent then being in the AAC. Big East is best for all our other sports while football is independent, as the raiding of other conferences continues.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No problem, Buffalocuse. Incognito doesn't mean s h it. Between honeypot, and a few scripts, duplicate users are found eventually.

Thats not the only way they are found though, is it?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Thats not the only way they are found though, is it?

IP addresses aren't as useful anymore. Compare computers. And I compare frequently used words for two users with a program I used as a teacher to catch plagiarism.

I guarantee something like chatgpt will soon be used and easily tag users with duplicate accounts.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
IP addresses aren't as useful anymore. Compare computers. And I compare frequently used words for two users with a program I used as a teacher to catch plagiarism.

I guarantee something like chatgpt will soon be used and easily tag users with duplicate accounts.

No IP's are not useful. and honeypots and scripts are not infallible. It's usually social engineering (inside information) that catches people, just the same way that the most successful hacks are social engineering even though we are in a high tech coding age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom