Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In the pregame today they had a graphic that had 8 ACC teams in the NCAA Tournament. Load of crap.
Sadly a few ACC schools may get a bid based on name recognition alone. It's complete BS but I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
In the pregame today they had a graphic that had 8 ACC teams in the NCAA Tournament. Load of crap.
Pitt was one of those. They won't be in the next Lunardi or Palm brackets after the home loss to Florida St. They might be back in later, but that'll only happen at some other qualifier's expense.

Part of the issue is having Clemson as the predicted AQ when their NET is in 60s. If things stay pretty much as they are now, they're a six bid league, maybe 7 if VaTech holds on to earn a play-in game.

Reaction Score
The “bracketology” brackets are click bait. Meaningless. I haven’t seen the committee favoring conferences. The analytics are too sophisticated these days and the committee itself is too diverse.

Reaction Score
The “bracketology” brackets are click bait. Meaningless. I haven’t seen the committee favoring conferences. The analytics are too sophisticated these days and the committee itself is too diverse.
Really all you need is Lunardi’s bracket. He’s been historically pretty accurate at least for determining the teams that get in (sometimes seeding looks a bit weird but whatever).

As for the committee, if there’s one organization I trust the least to make the right decisions when there’s tons of money on the line, it’s the NCAA (and also a lot of these ADs and college presidents). I think basketball they’ve been fine more or less (though they definitely do favor the major conferences overall), but the football side certainly doesn’t reflect well on themselves.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We played Syracuse every year from 1979 until 2013, except one season due to a scheduling quirk. Which season?

Reaction Score

Apparently Syracuse has a billionaire booster who gets people to sit with him at games. He became a billionaire of owning scrap metal yards in NY and Pennsylvania. Not saying you can’t make a lot of money owning a bunch of scrap and recycling plants - but just owning them across two states and becoming a billionaire seems kinda crazy.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Apparently Syracuse has a billionaire booster who gets people to sit with him at games. He became a billionaire of owning scrap metal yards in NY and Pennsylvania. Not saying you can’t make a lot of money owning a bunch of scrap and recycling plants - but just owning them across two states and becoming a billionaire seems kinda crazy.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Goodman is such a supreme dolt. On the level of Some Guy. He makes Seth Davis and Bilas listenable. They aren’t though.

But wait he's hurley family friend, no? That’s what @superjohn told me when he asked Bobby and Danny if they ever got hit by their father

Reaction Score

i had a friend who worked as an au pair for the family who owns one of the big scrap yards in new haven and they were insanely rich. not sure how many yards this guy owns, but i could see it!!

the aaron jones thing isn't really comparable -- jones has a legitimate connection to the uconn program via his cousin, tristen newton

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
But wait he's hurley family friend, no? That’s what @superjohn told me when he asked Bobby and Danny if they ever got hit by their father

Not sure what this means, but it's probably better than anything I considered offering about the name Jeff in response to a comment about Goodman and Some Guy.

Plus, I always trust content that mentions SJ and friends, so I care not if it's beyond my comprehension.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not sure what this means, but it's probably better than anything I considered offering about the name Jeff in response to a comment about Goodman and Some Guy.

Plus, I always trust content that mentions SJ and friends, so I care not if it's beyond my comprehension.

Goodman did a podcast a month ago with the Hurley brothers, and in the podcast asked them if their father beat them. It was the most inappropriate question on a pod to 2 D1 coaches ever. Some ppl defended it.

Reaction Score
Boeheim press conference was an embarrassment to Syracuse University. How do you expect players to show respect when coach talks down to everyone in room ?

I watched the end of the game and his team pretty much imploded last 4 minutes- He took no responsibility for outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom