Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was flipping channels and stopped on Cuse game because nothing else was on. I don't really care how Syracuse does anymore and it seems by that crowd that neither do their fans. The place was quiet as can be and had more empty seats than full ones.

Reaction Score
Not to try and defend Cuse, but a ton of fans were watching the NCAA soccer championship on a big screen away from the court. As it went to PKs, most of them missed the entire basketball game.
Congrats to Cuse on winning the Men's Soccer National Championship. No small task to get quality soccer players to play there. Props where props are due.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Congrats to Cuse on winning the Men's Soccer National Championship. No small task to get quality soccer players to play there. Props where props are due.
I have nothing against their soccer program. Would be even better that as their basketball program becomes irrelevant that program stands out.

Reaction Score
Not to try and defend Cuse, but a ton of fans were watching the NCAA soccer championship on a big screen away from the court. As it went to PKs, most of them missed the entire basketball game.
Fans are never a problem for them. They might be morons who have a way higher opinion of who they are as a basketball school but they always come out.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Only up 5 with 12 to go

Pathetic
I think you're looking at this wrong.

This is in many ways similar to when we played Alabama at the PK.

Two teams of relatively equal stature in a game that was close well into the second half when the superior team was able to take over and win by 15.

In many ways Cuse fans can claim Monmouth is their Alabama.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fans are never a problem for them. They might be morons who have a way higher opinion of who they are as a basketball school but they always come out.

Now thats a true statement. The times ive sat in sat in XL last few years with 5 to 7 K ( and ive been there for a 3.5 a couple years ago) never happen in carrier when they suck (and they always do) . A horrible cuse crowd is 13.k

But hey we have a bunch of Pats fans buying tix now, We are best fans in country .

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Well coached team

Reaction Score
Just to be clear, not sure anyone here really expected Syracuse to lose to KenPom #327 Monmouth. Does not change that they’re bad and we can laugh at them for it.
Yeah for me it’s a “hmm wonder if I should fade Syracuse from here on out”

August_West

Reaction Score
Yeah for me it’s a “hmm wonder if I should fade Syracuse from here on out”
You missed a ton of kwan not fading the from day one.

August_West

Reaction Score
Attendance was listed as 15,400, but it sure didn't look like it. I know the place huge, but still . . .

Thats based on sold tickets. There was maybe 10-11 in there. Before we laugh, announced attendence is usually done that way by us too, there have been announced 9k games at XL that were closer to 5.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Thats based on sold tickets. There was maybe 10-11 in there. Before we laugh, announced attendence is usually done that way by us too, there have been announced 9k games at XL that were closer to 5.
It looked like the same amount of fans when they had their last home game

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Half their board still wonders why they’re not at at the same level as us and the other half says they’ll be able to turn it around quickly like us.

They’re not sure why players don’t want to go play there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul