2023 Recruiting: - Offered: Youssouf Singare | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Offered: Youssouf Singare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This kid is a good player. Has a decent handle for his size and good hands. He’s an elite shot blocker.

Boeheim will probably offer him. He fits the Cuse zone prototype.

Reaction Score

Averaging 8/7/1 on 60% from the field in EYBL. 0.9 blocks per game, but that isn't often recorded well... he had a game with 6 blocks this weekend. I suspect he's better than 0.9 a game.

Good option since we aren't getting Miranda, Kingsley, Bradshaw

Reaction Score
Looked at 5 box scores from Kansas City EYBL. I like the fact he is an important piece on a 1st place team 14-5 vs Ball, Ross, and Middleton who are not on winning teams.

In the 5 games
Rbs 8 6 10 10 2 (only 8 min w/4PF)
Blks 1 2 1 6 0
Pts 8 5 14 6 2

BUT Foul Shots are an Ouch 1 of 11 for the 5 games
0-0 1-6 0-4 0-1 0-0

Reaction Score
After this week we will focus on bigs, and I suspect he will be high on the list.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Need a project with Sanogo and Clingan likely being around for a couple years minimum. Good fit if he’s willing to develop.

Reaction Score

the feeling that this is sanogo's last year is growing so would like singare as a reclass for '22. then fill what would be the last currently open scholly for '23 with stewart or carr. but singare obviously needs to make it to campus this summer if reclassing is an option.

Reaction Score
the feeling that this is sanogo's last year is growing so would like singare as a reclass for '22. then fill what would be the last currently open scholly for '23 with stewart or carr. but singare obviously needs to make it to campus this summer if reclassing is an option.
Singare is a project and you want him to skip a class ahead and be a part of the '22 class?

Reaction Score
Singare is a project and you want him to skip a class ahead and be a part of the '22 class?
yes it was just posted in another thread singare is old for his class and i dont want staff to give up on the RS because of whatever happened with floyd. get him out of the aau silliness and into a real program so he can contribute a year earlier than otherwise.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just watched NH Lightning vs All Ohio. I was starting to wonder where the good players were this year. These teams played a quality game and Singare is much more than I hoped. He came up with 10 rebounds, including the aggressive snatch of a defensive rebound in the last minute with the game on the line. He also had a couple of dunks that each showed a talent to be aggressive with the ball. He had fast hands at the 50sec mark of the game to make a catch and speed flush it from a standing position under the hoop that kept his team ahead. Noone could have had time to react and defend. Loved his motor. He challenged repeatedly with rim protection and I'm sure he can be a rim protecting beast. Right now you can go through him with power to the rim, but a soft shot won't make it to the rim. I don't think he ended with much in blocks, but I am confident that will be a calling card. He had been 1-10 from the line last week, and was 1-7 to start Peach Jam when I last looked, but he looked good putting 2-2 through the net tonight. Amazingly he looked smooth and confident that really surprised me. He runs, runs, competes, and is this anchor in the post for this winning team. In high D1 he will have similar problems as Samson Johnson defending strength in the post and he won't have the outside game, but there is a lot to work with with this kid. Game was loaded with good players as a review of the box score will show. Everything was contested but the offenses were up to the task. The first quarter was a new experience for me. The camera stayed at 1 end of the court so the players would run off camera and then just show up coming to NH offensive end. Bizarre.

Reaction Score
The first quarter was a new experience for me. The camera stayed at 1 end of the court so the players would run off camera and then just show up coming to NH offensive end. Bizarre.

Some gyms have cameras that automatically follow the ball... most do not. If someone wasn't there to turn the camera, they probably just stuck it at one end until someone arrived.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Just watched NH Lightning vs All Ohio. I was starting to wonder where the good players were this year. These teams played a quality game and Singare is much more than I hoped. He came up with 10 rebounds, including the aggressive snatch of a defensive rebound in the last minute with the game on the line. He also had a couple of dunks that each showed a talent to be aggressive with the ball. He had fast hands at the 50sec mark of the game to make a catch and speed flush it from a standing position under the hoop that kept his team ahead. Noone could have had time to react and defend. Loved his motor. He challenged repeatedly with rim protection and I'm sure he can be a rim protecting beast. Right now you can go through him with power to the rim, but a soft shot won't make it to the rim. I don't think he ended with much in blocks, but I am confident that will be a calling card. He had been 1-10 from the line last week, and was 1-7 to start Peach Jam when I last looked, but he looked good putting 2-2 through the net tonight. Amazingly he looked smooth and confident that really surprised me. He runs, runs, competes, and is this anchor in the post for this winning team. In high D1 he will have similar problems as Samson Johnson defending strength in the post and he won't have the outside game, but there is a lot to work with with this kid. Game was loaded with good players as a review of the box score will show. Everything was contested but the offenses were up to the task. The first quarter was a new experience for me. The camera stayed at 1 end of the court so the players would run off camera and then just show up coming to NH offensive end. Bizarre.
Thanks for the report.

Reaction Score
Visiting 8/3. Could be a reclass candidate as well.
will be interesting. would staff take singare and estrella in the same class? doubtful but singare is a developmental guy so maybe. that would be similar to taking stewart and ross in the same class. if not, then i'd imagine staff will slow roll singare until estrella makes his decision.

a reclass could change things but i'd expect singare to RS this season if he did that, meaning he'd effectively end up in the same class as estrella either way...lots of moving parts.

Reaction Score
will be interesting. would staff take singare and estrella in the same class? doubtful but singare is a developmental guy so maybe. that would be similar to taking stewart and ross in the same class. if not, then i'd imagine staff will slow roll singare until estrella makes his decision.

a reclass could change things but i'd expect singare to RS this season if he did that, meaning he'd effectively end up in the same class as estrella either way...lots of moving parts.
Estrella is a long shot even with Duke out

Reaction Score

Let's get a visit with Estrella before we start questioning how they would fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman