2023 Recruiting: - Offered: Youssouf Singare | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Offered: Youssouf Singare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would love to add this kid as the last scholarship for this year and have him redshirt. Then close the class with Stewart…re-evaluate where we’re at in the spring and fill a hole or two with transfers.
i'm interested to see what happens after brandon williams' visit later this month and how/if it impacts singare

Reaction Score
i'm interested to see what happens after brandon williams' visit later this month and how/if it impacts singare
I don't know the answer to this, but I wonder if we would take Singare now if we can, as opposed to waiting for Williams. If there is a chance Sanogo will go pro after this year, then we will definitely need a 5 to back up Clingan. Presumably, we'll have Johnson at the 4 in 23-24, with Karaban playing some 4. Would Ross and Stewart (hopefully) be options at the 4 if we go small? If so, then Singare might be more valuable than Williams from a roster construction standpoint. And with Seton Hall and Providence both recruiting Singare, we can't just assume we can expect him to wait around for us to decide between the two.

Reaction Score
I don't know the answer to this, but I wonder if we would take Singare now if we can, as opposed to waiting for Williams. If there is a chance Sanogo will go pro after this year, then we will definitely need a 5 to back up Clingan. Presumably, we'll have Johnson at the 4 in 23-24, with Karaban playing some 4. Would Ross and Stewart (hopefully) be options at the 4 if we go small? If so, then Singare might be more valuable than Williams from a roster construction standpoint. And with Seton Hall and Providence both recruiting Singare, we can't just assume we can expect him to wait around for us to decide between the two.
Stewart could definitely play the 4, may struggle a bit defensively but I don’t see many opposing 4s stopping his offensive game

Reaction Score
i doubt singare will be a worthy backup as a redshirt freshmen in '23 but we'll still have clingan, samson, and springs able to play C.

similarly i dont see ross contributing until he's an upperclassman so i still want williams as a 4/5.

Reaction Score
I don’t care how the rotations work out but I want to see him and Clingan on the court at the same time just to see how funny it is

Reaction Score

There’s a little info about Singare in Borges’s latest article. I’d take a class of Castle, Ball, Ross, Stewart, and Singare.

UConn got an official visit last week from Youssouf Singare’, a 7-foot, Class of 2023 center who is raw offensively but an extremely active rim-protector and rebounder. Singare’, who is attracting the interest of several high-major programs, plays on the New Heights Lightning AAU team, with whom Young has close ties. UConn may also have another advantage in his recruitment: Singare’ hails from Bamako, Mali, the same home city of Sanogo, who knows the fellow big man.

Reaction Score

There’s a little info about Singare in Borges’s latest article. I’d take a class of Castle, Ball, Ross, Stewart, and Singare.

UConn got an official visit last week from Youssouf Singare’, a 7-foot, Class of 2023 center who is raw offensively but an extremely active rim-protector and rebounder. Singare’, who is attracting the interest of several high-major programs, plays on the New Heights Lightning AAU team, with whom Young has close ties. UConn may also have another advantage in his recruitment: Singare’ hails from Bamako, Mali, the same home city of Sanogo, who knows the fellow big man.
Who are the high majors programs after him?

Reaction Score

I’d take that in an instant, I feel like that would be the best class since Hurley arrived.

Reaction Score
I feel like that would be the best class since Hurley arrived.
i like our '21 class of hawkins, karaban, and samson better. all 3 are about to blow up. i also like our '20 class with sanogo and aj in terms of quality over quantity. both are going to be 1st team BE this year with sanogo the POY.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s visited Seton Hall and Providence, and BYU offered. (Insert “I can’t find any info about offers from high majors” joke here)

Hahahaha yes you get it! I was thinking he would get additional offers after the last live period. But it doesnt appear to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom