October Recruiting Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are the coaches from PSU & Duke basketball or golf coaches? Inquiring minds want to know….
I doubt it’s a Duke golf coach. 5 over after 4 wouldn’t cut it at an elite program like theirs. ;) And home state PSU WBB has to be salivating over a local kid that good.

Reaction Score
Are there no pics floating out there of Kiki at First Night?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A preview of Olivia Olson's Benilde-St. Margaret Red Nights including elite 2025 Kendall McGee:

McGee is a consensus Top 5 prospect in the Prep Girls Hoops Class of 2025. We’ll release the Freshmen 50 in a couple of weeks and you can be sure Kendall’s name will be very near the top of a rather sparkly heap of talented freshmen. Kendall is coming off a superb summer during which she captured another AAU state championship with Minnesota Stars Borowicz. Once again she was the Stars’ go-to girl and she became more consistent at both ends of the floor. She transferred to BSM from Breck where she averaged over 20 points per game as an 8th grader, including a 40-point performance against Maranatha.

McGee, in particular, is accustomed to being the top dog everywhere she has played. Olson is the best 2024 in the country, a member of Team USA and the holder of more than three dozen high major offers. Among the recent viewers of open gyms at Benilde was University of Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma. That should tell you all you need to know about Olivia’s pedigree.

Reaction Score
Ciera is a pretty decent golfer, more than good enough to be on her high school team. But I don't think her golf game is at the Duke or Stanford level. It's more at the level of Geno's tournament. Best wishes to her today!

If she is on her HS team then she's way better than the type of players at Geno's tournament. If I were her I would ask for a round of golf on the Stanford course on my OV. And if she enjoys golf half as much as I it then that would definitely effect my decision. :)

If she's 6'3" and athletic enough to carry a single digit handicap she should keep practicing. There's a lot more money on the pro tour than in the WNBA. Of course getting good enough to play pro takes talent and hard work but with her size & strength she could overpower some of the LPGA sites.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If she is on her HS team then she's way better than the type of players at Geno's tournament. If I were her I would ask for a round of golf on the Stanford course on my OV. And if she enjoys golf half as much as I it then that would definitely effect my decision. :)
Stanford did not make the cut.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
To officially close out the post, Ciera finished at 80, 8 over tied for 6th with two others. The winner was 73, 1 over. As a Junior in HS who plays another heavily time required sport year round, shooting an 80 in a State Championship Tournament is pretty impressive. Congrats Ciera!
These days If I shot 80 at a local muni from the senior tees I would be ecstatic.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
it appears she only follows one college team on her twitter account.............UConn..........plus Nika, Paige, Azzi and Gabby Wiliiams..........
That is definitely a good sign but the more significant thing might be how the WNBA defines international player.

"WNBA defines an "international player" as "any person born and residing outside the United States who participates in the game of basketball as an amateur or professional".

Jocyte was born in the US so a strict interpretation of the above would mean she would not be WNBA eligible until she is at least 22, and have completed their college eligibility, and four years removed from high school.

Her DOB is 19 Nov 2005. She is HS class of 2023 therefore WNBA eligibility would not come until April of 2027. I think UCONN can find a roster spot for her until then.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That is definitely a good sign but the more significant thing might be how the WNBA defines international player.

"WNBA defines an "international player" as "any person born and residing outside the United States who participates in the game of basketball as an amateur or professional".

Jocyte was born in the US so a strict interpretation of the above would mean she would not be WNBA eligible until she is at least 22, and have completed their college eligibility, and four years removed from high school.

Her DOB is 19 Nov 2005. She is HS class of 2023 therefore WNBA eligibility would not come until April of 2027. I think UCONN can find a roster spot for her until then.
Are you sure she is Class of 2023? Usually, Europeans finish high school at age 19 (or going on 19), not 18. Plus, her birthday is late in the year. That suggests 2024 or maybe even 2025.

As with Ezi Magbegor, I think the competition is not another American college, but rather paid pro ball in her home country.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Are you sure she is Class of 2023? Usually, Europeans finish high school at age 19 (or going on 19), not 18. Plus, her birthday is late in the year. That suggests 2024 or maybe even 2025.

As with Ezi Magbegor, I think the competition is not another American college, but rather paid pro ball in her home country.
I not certain but ESPN/ Premier basketball/worldwide hoops has her listed as class of 2023.

Reaction Score
To officially close out the post, Ciera finished at 80, 8 over tied for 6th with two others. The winner was 73, 1 over. As a Junior in HS who plays another heavily time required sport year round, shooting an 80 in a State Championship Tournament is pretty impressive. Congrats Ciera!
As I mentioned in another reply...I worked at the course where the tournament was played, and helped with 12 PA State tournaments... an 80 is very respectable, especially if there was wind and if this were her 1st time playing the course.
I never broke 80...

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
A preview of Olivia Olson's Benilde-St. Margaret Red Nights including elite 2025 Kendall McGee:

McGee is a consensus Top 5 prospect in the Prep Girls Hoops Class of 2025. We’ll release the Freshmen 50 in a couple of weeks and you can be sure Kendall’s name will be very near the top of a rather sparkly heap of talented freshmen. Kendall is coming off a superb summer during which she captured another AAU state championship with Minnesota Stars Borowicz. Once again she was the Stars’ go-to girl and she became more consistent at both ends of the floor. She transferred to BSM from Breck where she averaged over 20 points per game as an 8th grader, including a 40-point performance against Maranatha.

McGee, in particular, is accustomed to being the top dog everywhere she has played. Olson is the best 2024 in the country, a member of Team USA and the holder of more than three dozen high major offers. Among the recent viewers of open gyms at Benilde was University of Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma. That should tell you all you need to know about Olivia’s pedigree.

And to think I was castigated by a few on the BY over a month ago when I stated that Olson had similarities in her game to Paige at the same respective age. She was and is in my top 2 in her class and if she progresses as hoped she would be a huge get for our Husky's. In the mean time we have a few players in the next 2 classes who would make our team even more exciting, and feared.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And to think I was castigated by a few on the BY over a month ago when I stated that Olson had similarities in her game to Paige at the same respective age. She was and is in my top 2 in her class and if she progresses as hoped she would be a huge get for our Husky's. In the mean time we have a few players in the next 2 classes who would make our team even more exciting, and feared.
You should have know you were on the right track when you have BY keyboard warriors coming at you. Olson is very special. A few months ago I may have taken it further than you did because I compared Olson to Sabrina Ionescu-except more athletic. I also stated that she was the best combo guard inclusive of the '22-24 classes and hopefully everyone knows how much I love me some Mikaylah Williams.

Reaction Score
Im a keyboard warrior. In that I have voiced my opinion on every blonde basketball player with any skill being compared to our latest and greatest UConn player does not work for me. A talented ball player is a talented ball player. Not the next coming of anyone but themselves.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Im a keyboard warrior. In that I have voiced my opinion on every blonde basketball player with any skill being compared to our latest and greatest UConn player does not work for me. A talented ball player is a talented ball player. Not the next coming of anyone but themselves.
Sometimes you just have to take a post at face value, I nor others that I have read stated that Olson was the next coming of Paige. What I stated was that there were similarities at the same age. You are welcome to your opinion and I do read most of your posts and enjoy them, in this case you seem to be arguing or disagreeing with, I don't know who.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek: So let me understand correctly: You would be ok with the comparison if the player were a red head or brunette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom