October Recruiting Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
When I watch Ciera about the last thing that comes to mind is "Woof, woof."
I don't think they are saying woof woof it's actually Woo Woo from Pop Smoke's Merci Beaucoup. I had to double check with my daughter.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Player of interest Arnold at Marqutte

I see that Megan Duffy is carrying over that ND Jedi Mind trick as in put the recruits in the Uniform and take pictures and hope they like it enough to smile.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I don't think they are saying woof woof it's actually Woo Woo from Pop Smoke's Merci Beaucoup. I had to double check with my daughter.
A couple of times I thought I heard woo woo but at first it sounded like woof. Credit to your daughter for clearing things up for me. :cool:

Reaction Score
Sluconn, can you please remind us the players of interrest for the '22, '23 & '24 classes ?

Reaction Score
Gus, she played on the Senior National Team at age 13. That's insane. She is still 15 and will turn 16 in a month.

FYI, those following Juste on IG include Nika, Azzi, Anna, and Coach Valley.
Wish you hadn’t mentioned that last sentence. It’s going to make @CocoHusky a little crazy. ;)

Reaction Score
COVID restricted everyone’s travel (domestic and international) not just Geno’s. The NCAA restriction on in person recruiting was not lifted until July. The October recruiting thread recently had UCONN being linked to a 6’4” German forward. I hope UCONN is still interested in Jocyte because @MilfordHusky is right she a potential program changer for someone.
Coco, while I was being facetious about Geno and Covid related travel, your comment about personal recruiting restrictions could have an effect if it caused the teams to narrow their focus strictly to US based recruits. 1-2 top international players on an emerging team like Duke or Vandy could make a big difference. While we always are interested in top players, the good news is that UConn is so deep that our needs list is not as long as a few years ago.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Ashlyn Shade is at Tennessee this weekend. I think it’s her 2nd unofficial
If she attended last night's football game she saw Vol fans at their absolute best. Game delayed 30 minutes after fans littered the field with water bottles, beer cans, vape pens, golf balls and a bottle of French's mustard.

Reaction Score
If she attended last night's football game she saw Vol fans at their absolute best. Game delayed 30 minutes after fans littered the field with water bottles, beer cans, vape pens, golf balls and a bottle of French's mustard.

Absolutely disgusting

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ole Miss Lane Kiffin was hit by a golf ball.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sluconn, can you please remind us the players of interrest for the '22, '23 & '24 classes ?

'22 - Rice

'23 - Watkins, Briggs, Allen, Stack, Griggs, Clardy, Booker, Shade, Fiala, Del Rosario, Arnold, Cunningham, Toomey, Kitts, M Williams, Hidalgo, Ogden, Groot, Anderson, Fulwiley, Timmerson, Douglas

'24 - Fiso, Edwards, Berry, Thomas, C Smith, Parker, McGill, K Smith, Rust, Olson, McGrew, Randolph, Prince, Jones, Avant-Roberts, White, Cambridge, Strong, Grandberry, Thompson, McNair

The foreign POI likely in one of these classes: Jocyte, Kosu, Soltau

Reaction Score
1634510952507.jpeg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kid was a playa the moment her baby eyes could focus on a basketball. I've been saying it for almost 2 years now. Me really, really likey.
Juste is 4 years younger than Paige and 3 years younger than Azzi. Turning 16 this autumn.

Reaction Score
'22 - Rice

'23 - Watkins, Briggs, Allen, Stack, Griggs, Clardy, Booker, Shade, Fiala, Del Rosario, Arnold, Cunningham, Toomey, Kitts, M Williams, Hidalgo, Ogden, Groot, Anderson, Fulwiley, Timmerson, Douglas

'24 - Fiso, Edwards, Berry, Thomas, C Smith, Parker, McGill, K Smith, Rust, Olson, McGrew, Randolph, Prince, Jones, Avant-Roberts, White, Cambridge, Strong, Grandberry, Thompson, McNair

The foreign POI likely in one of these classes: Jocyte, Kosu, Soltau
A little update and opinion on '24 Joyce Edwards: PAC teams came hard at her this past week. Stanford, Oregon and UDub joined her long list of offers. Northwestern offered last week.

In my opinion, she would pay more attention to the Stanford and Northwestern offers. She carries a 4.95 gpa and is very dedicated academics. IMO, If she chooses to leave the state of SC, it will be an academic heavyweight. Of course, Oregon is gonna present some powerful NIL opportunities.

As far as playing basketball it's UConn or SC or Stanford. But I worry about Stanford's academic edge. (I understand that UConn academics are not to be sneezed at.) Area academic rep schools like Duke, UNC and Vandy need to show something on the court and have a couple of seasons to do so. SCar will focus her toward a highly regarded Honor's College within the University.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Duke has an excellent women's golf 'program'...i.e. every year they are national championship contenders.
I do not think Ciera is at that level....maybe with more attention/practice she might have a high ceiling in that sport?
However if she winds up at Duke I am sure she would have access to many excellent courses that are open to the Duke squad. My impression is that she enjoys golf...thinks it helps her basketball game with the mental focus golf requires...but that hoops in terms of sports is 'where it's at'.

Hope we see her on a visit up here [or somewhere at a UConn game] this coming season. Then...let the 'chips' fall where they may.

I'll bet the basketball coaches are there for sure....maybe the golf coaches.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Duke has an excellent women's golf 'program'...i.e. every year they are national championship contenders.
I do not think Ciera is at that level....maybe with more attention/practice she might have a high ceiling in that sport?
However if she winds up at Duke I am sure she would have access to many excellent courses that are open to the Duke squad. My impression is that she enjoys golf...thinks it helps her basketball game with the mental focus golf requires...but that hoops in terms of sports is 'where it's at'.

Hope we see her on a visit up here [or somewhere at a UConn game] this coming season. Then...let the 'chips' fall where they may.

I'll bet the basketball coaches are there for sure....maybe the golf coaches.
Ciera is a pretty decent golfer, more than good enough to be on her high school team. But I don't think her golf game is at the Duke or Stanford level. It's more at the level of Geno's tournament. Best wishes to her today!

Reaction Score
I guess that's how one recruits for golf....

This tournament is being played at Heritage Hills Resort in York, PA. I worked there for 12 years after I retired from Coast Guard. It's a "Tough" course, especially if it's windy. Based on results during my time working there, Ciera's +5 would be in the running if it were after 18 holes...but the reported score is only after 4 holes... if accurate, it could be a long day for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom