2024 Recruiting: - Nowell - 24/7 Rankings | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Nowell - 24/7 Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Samson is our starting 5 next year we’d have to change our defensive philosophy which isn’t gonna happen. We need rim protection and rebounding from that spot.

Reaction Score
AK is always going to be unathletic. I’ve always assumed he goes pro this year because next year he’ll still be unathletic and just another year older

True. But you're assuming he CAN go to the league here. I doubt he'd be drafted.

Reaction Score
AK is always going to be unathletic. I’ve always assumed he goes pro this year because next year he’ll still be unathletic and just another year older

You would think an attractive NIL package can help immensely if a guy isn’t liking at guaranteed money.

Reaction Score
Most likely. What's your point? Did you read the post I was responding to?
Well since Karaban will be here next year and plays 35 minutes a game. What’s the point of having Nowell play the 4, so he can play 5 minutes a game? Stewart has shown very little to make anyone think he’s going to get significant minutes at the 3, next year.

Reaction Score
Well since Karaban will be here next year and plays 35 minutes a game. What’s the point of having Nowell play the 4, so he can play 5 minutes a game? Stewart has shown very little to make anyone think he’s going to get significant minutes at the 3, next year.

Alex doesn't play 35 a game now, and that's when we don't have a decent backup. Good effort though!

For one thing, Abraham is more of a 10mpg guy than a 20+ mpg guy. Stewart will be getting way more minutes next year.

Also, he handles the ball much better than a 4. Certainly better than Alex, so there's that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Alex doesn't play 35 a game now, and that's when we don't have a decent backup. Good effort though!

For one thing, Abraham is more of a 10mpg guy than a 20+ mpg guy. Stewart will be getting way more minutes next year.

Also, he handles the ball much better than a 4. Certainly better than Alex, so there's that.
I haven’t seen Stewart do anything better than Karaban. You’re saying Stewart is a better ball handler than Karaban? Based on what exactly??

Reaction Score
hopefully there will be a streaming option, in the past the Iverson Classic has been aligned with Showtime Sports/Basketball and have streamed it on their YT channel but Showtime Sports shut down it's operation at the end of 2023.

Reaction Score
I haven’t seen Stewart do anything better than Karaban. You’re saying Stewart is a better ball handler than Karaban? Based on what exactly??
If we were a bad team, Stewart would be averaging 15ppg as a freshman and we would be excited about him. Its much better being the number 1 team but there is a lot he can do that he just isn't going to show this season.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say Alex is unathetic. He is actually had a good vertical. He does lack some in the lateral movement and coupled with not being super stron makes it worst when a guy can bump off him too(though he did improve his strength from last year). Still I think he is an average athlete. I would call Cam as un-athletic.

Reaction Score
If we were a bad team, Stewart would be averaging 15ppg as a freshman and we would be excited about him. Its much better being the number 1 team but there is a lot he can do that he just isn't going to show this season.
We will see just how good he is, next year but I’d rather him not play, this year.

Reaction Score
I'd rather you stop posting, but we all can't get what we want
Obviously Stewart needs to develop but when he comes into games, there is a significant offensive drop off. It’s blatant and hurts us, that’s why he doesn’t play in our tougher games. He can develop in practice and over the summer.

Reaction Score
I love it. He basically said he’s going to hunt down the players that made the McDonald’s team indefinitely

At this point I feel I want the best player to get snubbed from the McDonald's All American team to be our lead recruit every year. Just fits our culture so well, and I could be cherry picking but I feel like it's happened enough at this point to be a trend.

Reaction Score
One thing that will be interesting to watch is how Hurley's offensive and defensive schemes evolve as we go from having very big ball-handlers (Hawkins, Jackson, Newton, Spencer, Castle all 6'5 or above) to pretty small ones (Ball, Nowell).

Reaction Score
One thing that will be interesting to watch is how Hurley's offensive and defensive schemes evolve as we go from having very big ball-handlers (Hawkins, Jackson, Newton, Spencer, Castle all 6'5 or above) to pretty small ones (Ball, Nowell).

Ball is 6-3. Well, he is listed as 6-3. His wingspan has been reported as 7-0. So he may be short but he is not small. He also is reported to have a 43" vertical leap.

Have you seen Nowell? He is 6-1 and built like a bull. He is very thick and strong.

I think when you say small, you mean short. Neither of these guys are small for college guards but neither would be considered tall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak