Next time just drop the ball Hergy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Next time just drop the ball Hergy

Reaction Score
I guest feel sorry for the seniors. We should have had this game.

From personal experience, although at a much lower level - D3 hockey at Trinity, during my career we lost to Westfield State by a goal in the D3 Championship game my sophomore year , and in my senior year lost by a goal to Bryant College in the Championship game. Does it matter/haunt me - yes big time. Not great going out without a W for your last game hurts. But I'm over it- right.

Reaction Score
The flag had already been thrown when they showed him standing over the defender, the flag was thrown when Mayala was trying to get up.

He was up immediately and was clearly taunting the DB the whole time. The ref was within a couple of yards. Obvious call - and an incredibly boneheaded it's-all-about-me play.

C

Chief00

He was just as responsible if not more so than Tarbutt. I personally think more so because I don't trust Tarbutt with the game on the line to make a 35 yarder. I think we had a better pct chance to make the 2 then to have Tarbutt kick a 35 yarder, sadly.
Tarbutt’s leg strength is fine but he tends to choke. Today it look like he did not plant his leg properly, earlier this season he short legged a kick. Both, are mental type errors and a sign he doesn’t handle pressure well.

Reaction Score
Watching the video Pindell gives Hergy a wave with his hand to get him to cut back into space to catch the throw. It happened fast. Nice play there by both guys. And then the rest happened. Had no faith Tarbutt would make that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tarbutt’s leg strength is fine but he tends to choke. Today it look like he did not plant his leg properly, earlier this season he short legged a kick. Both, are mental type errors and a sign he doesn’t handle pressure well.
He's a total choke and needs to be replaced.

Reaction Score
This play and lack of sportsmanship is exactly what has turned the NFL into a version of the WWF. The NFL players are the role models for the college players, so what would one expect. It is a shame this is creeping into the college game at such a rapid rate. I for one don't think there are enough flags thrown taunting in the college game. I cannot watch the NFL at all and I would imagine the college game will be unwatchable as well for me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He was a choke. He was also a sophomore with an amazing leg who hit a 53 yarder earlier in the day with 6--7 yards to spare.
I leave it to the staff as to whether they think he can consistently deliver as an upperclassmen.
As will I. But these things rarely get better.

Reaction Score
As will I. But these things rarely get better.

I don't think that's true. You have a kicker who went 2 and a half years without real pressure on a kick. He didn't handle it this year. It is something that can be overcome. We don't know the kid -- his teammates and coaches do.

Reaction Score
He was a choke. He was also a sophomore with an amazing leg who hit a 53 yarder earlier in the day with 6--7 yards to spare.

I leave it to the staff as to whether they think he can consistently deliver as an upperclassmen.
He also has kicked 60 yarders in practice. He'll be our kicker next year, but will be on a short leash.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
You can't teach 50 + yard FGs and automatic touchbacks. It's all ability. Tarbutt has it. Coaches can get between his ears.
My guess is he is a potential Groza if he works on it and listens.
Now on to Graham...

Reaction Score
So far - Tarbutt has missed every pressure kick he has taken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom