New top 25 (1/29) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New top 25 (1/29)

Reaction Score
And AGAIN...North Carolina does just enough to stay ranked! . . .
Mitchell Northam at WUNC is an interesting and independent-thinking AP voter and WBB writer/fan. I am a fan of his, but not of his ballot this week ranking UNC #15.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There are alot of top 25 teams loosing to non ranked teams and they dont seem to fall quite enough. UConn has beaten 5 ranked teams and lost 4 to ranked teams and keeps fallin with a good sos rpi net. ?????????? SC is one who has a better record based on sos rpi and net?

Reaction Score
There are alot of top 25 teams loosing to non ranked teams and they dont seem to fall quite enough. UConn has beaten 5 ranked teams and lost 4 to ranked teams and keeps fallin with a good sos rpi net. ?????????? SC is one who has a better record based on sos rpi and net?

3 of UConns victories are over ranked teams, not 5

Ranking at game time is irrelevant

Trying to call the victory over Maryland a high quality win just because they were grossly misranked is hilarious. The Terps are unlikely to even make the tournament.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
With the epic butt kicking UConn just took from a lower ranked team on its home court, we should consider ourselves lucky not to have fallen further. Of all the times to kvetch about the rankings, this is not the time for it.

Reaction Score
Homers gotta home. You're the odd duck in Big Carolina to have such vehemence for the Tarheels!
There’s plenty of vehemence in the state for the Heels! They are the most popular and the most disliked program in the state.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With the epic butt kicking UConn just took from a lower ranked team on its home court, we should consider ourselves lucky not to have fallen further. Of all the times to kvetch about the rankings, this is not the time for it.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Stanford could potentially come close to solidifying a #1 seed if they sweep USC and UCLA at home this weekend [If Betts can't go that will be very disappointing]. The rest of their schedule is favorable, though road games against the Washington schools and Oregon schools won't be easy.

Reaction Score
The problem is that there are people, including on this board, who believe the NET is the sole criteria, and argue that Charlie Creme is merely pushing an "agenda" when he doesn't use the NET rankings to seed the teams.
Exactly. RPI currently has Stanford as #1, but many people don’t realize hardly anyone uses RPI for rankings anymore.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see what the coaches poll does tomorrow with LSU

LSU is such a wildcard to me this year. Under the right circumstances I could see them winning the NC. But likewise I could also see them bowing out much earlier in an upset. I guess you could say that for a handful of teams this year but LSU just feels the “most” like that.

Reaction Score
I’m not sold on KSt.

They split with Iowa, beat UNC, Texasw/o Harmon, and Baylor in free fall.

Not that impressive.
Wasn't the win against Baylor without Lee? Doesn't that count for something as I recall some thought they wouldn't be able to win without her.

Reaction Score
Last weeks 26 (Marq) and 28 (IaSt) both lost, so hard to find teams to rank.
Princeton's 28 points this week is the least all season to make it in the poll.

I do think voters are sleeping on Mich St, Okla, Penn St
Oklahoma, maybe. Mich St and Penn St likely need to have a few more wins to convince voters. Mich St has played well, but that loss against Minnesota probably made voters pause. Penn St is likely in a similar situation.

They both have important games against ranked teams this February that will likely help their case if they can win them:

Mich State: Indiana (Feb 8), Ohio State (Feb 11)
Penn State: Iowa (Feb 8), Ohio State (Feb 22)

Reaction Score
Wasn't the win against Baylor without Lee? Doesn't that count for something as I recall some thought they wouldn't be able to win without her.

I am in the skeptical about KSU without Lee camp but you can't drop them if they don't lose. Still, I won't have elevated them to #2, just kept them where they were.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom