New Mexico State & Liberty Model - what can we learn? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New Mexico State & Liberty Model - what can we learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It (football-only offer) was during C-USA's scramble. UConn turned it down. UMass said we'll do football-only.. C-USA said no. Looks like they'll end up with UMass for all sports in the end (barring a complete meltdown by the A-10 loyalists).
Don't see it happening anymore considering the new a-10 deal. Haven't seen exact figures but it's close to what C-USA makes for all sports.

Reaction Score
The new deal is a 40% increase over the old one that was $5M a season -- So the total for the league is $7M annually; split 15 ways it's $467k a year; when Loyola joins next year it becomes a 16 team split.

C-USA's deal paid out $750k per school prior to expanding to add Delaware; meaning they are at around $7.5M annually but it would only be split 12 ways; that assumes there is no increase for the addition of Delaware (and presumably UMass).

Basketball credits in C-USA are pooled, whereas the A-10s are predominantly owned by the team earning them. Meaning there is little additional revenue there for UMass, which has earned zero credits in the current pay cycle (and only one since Bruiser Flint left as coach), they would make a bit more in C-USA sharing in the money earned by FAU during last years run. More importantly to their athletic department, they'd finally find a home for football and at this point the reality has struck UMass, they aren't going to be able to do a football-only deal.

I think short of a donor/alumni/fan-base revolt they're gone.

Reaction Score
It (football-only offer) was during C-USA's scramble. UConn turned it down. UMass said we'll do football-only.. C-USA said no. Looks like they'll end up with UMass for all sports in the end (barring a complete meltdown by the A-10 loyalists).
Why in the world did we turn down football only to C-USA?? So dumb. Thats exactly what we needed: keep basketball in BE and find a home for football until the next big round of realignment. I swear our athletic department is allergic to intelligent decision making.

Reaction Score
Why in the world did we turn down football only to C-USA?? So dumb. Thats exactly what we needed: keep basketball in BE and find a home for football until the next big round of realignment. I swear our athletic department is allergic to intelligent decision making.
There was pretty strong reaction in this thread Conf USA in Talks with UConn, Liberty, NMSU against the discussion even taking place as reported (“Negotiations with UConn pertain only to football”). Terms were never reported as far as I remember.

Reaction Score
Different times and most did not want to be associated with cusa.

Reaction Score
Dave didn't want to make Scooter happy.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Nah, it's a cult school. I'm sure your wife is lovely and intelligent but her alma mater is sketchy at best. No need to be defensive

No different when I hear yahoo's saying it about UConn. They are playing New Year's bowl game. Good for them and wish it was UConn

Reaction Score
No different when I hear yahoo's saying it about UConn. They are playing New Year's bowl game. Good for them and wish it was UConn

No one says UConn is a cult funded by a fascist religious minority. What are you on about?

And my comment had nothing to do with football success. I don't care about Liberty's football success. I care that the university is a cult funded by a fascist religious minority.

Good effort though! Next time try to actually answer the question. The 13-year-olds I work with even know you have to do that. Did you go to Liberty too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom