NC St #1? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NC St #1?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
FWIW, here’s the opposite wall in the practice facility. Yes, the UConn men’s and women’s teams won dual championships. Twice.

1612582054392.jpeg

Reaction Score
Boy that banner sure got you guys triggered. ?. WTH that bothers anybody is beyond me but whatever. We will see Monday night whether that #1 ranking will hold with SC. We still have games at Tennessee and at TAMU and a home game left with Arkansas, so if we keep that spot it will have been earned. Gonna be a fun rest of the season and tournament.

There are probably going to be at least 8 teams that could win it all. The key is going to be seeding especially since everything will be played at a neutral site. My top 8 are SC, UConn, NC State, Stanford, Louisville, Baylor, UCLA, and maybe Arizona. Who are some spoiler teams?
It's not just amusing to the Boneyard but all of WCBB.

Reaction Score
It's not just amusing to the Boneyard but all of WCBB.
I haven't heard anyone in the mainstream media say anything negative about the banner. Most of WCBB could care less what we hang in our arena. Only some fans of certain schools who somehow feel slighted which I don't get. The banner does not say "championship". It is just to pay homage to our players on a great season that was cut short.

Reaction Score
Just amused that people put up pretend championship banners. We know what real ones look like.

View attachment 64322
Those banners say "National Champions". The banner SC put up does not claim a national championship. It is just an acknowledgment to our players and fans on a great season that was not complete. There are many banners hanging in other arenas that are not championship banners. Don't get why some are triggered by SC's banner.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Those banners say "National Champions". The banner SC put up does not claim a national championship. It is just an acknowledgment to our players and fans on a great season that was not complete. There are many banners hanging in other arenas that are not championship banners. Don't get why some are triggered by SC's banner.
As has been discussed - it claims unanimous No. 1 team in the country - considering Oregon also received first place votes - that seems at best a stretch.

BTW - lots of people are laughing about this around the country

Reaction Score
Stop squirting around the truth Dawn had it put up because the NCAA were not going to award South Carolina as National Champions like she wanted!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As has been discussed - it claims unanimous No. 1 team in the country - considering Oregon also received first place votes - that seems at best a stretch.

Very people actually really care enough to laugh. How many people actually know that this happened? A few thousand?

Reaction Score

How would you know what people are doing around the country? Like I said most people don't care.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
As for South Carolina's banner, it does not represent the winning of a championship. If dawn wants to "honor' her team for having almost nearly certainly winning the championship that is her right. That team was a fine team for sure. Many years ago James Harrison was cut three times before finally landing a spot on a pro football roster. He worked hard and ended up with the longest scoring play in a Super Bowl when he scored on a 100 yard interception and the Pittsburgh Steelers won their sixth true championship. Several years later his sons came home with trophies for having played on a football team that was quite good, but not a championship team. James was criticized for sending the trophies back and saying that when they won they could keep the trophy. But not for "participating'. Guess standards vary from place to place and time to time.

Reaction Score
Needless to say. This year is wide open. No one is without their faults. Whether it's the new world of COVID or just no dominant team. Yet I suspect we are probably facing the best team in the country tomorrow.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I have one question for South Carolina fans-if any other school did this, would you be as supportive of it?

And btw, 99.9% of the SC fans would CRUCIFY other programs if they did this. They're generally a vile bunch on Twitter.
I honestly don’t care what other people do in their arenas. I honestly wouldn’t care if Oregon put a banner in the rafters. I honestly don’t even care about the banner we just hang, so I’m not sure why other fans are obsessed with it. What the Ducks (or any program) do in their arena is not my concern, it’s for their fans/program.

You can choose whether to believe that or not, but since you asked.. I answered.

Reaction Score
Thank you for your answer, I respect it, and was just curious. But I have a feeling the majority, based on personal experience, would not be nearly as mature and thoughtful as you are/were.

I don't care about the banner, either. I think it's funny, but I also think it's smart. EVERYTHING Dawn does is for a recruiting advantage, and to me, this is just another example of it. Kids, especially Gen Z kids, will eat this right up.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
SC can do whatever they want relative to hanging banners in Columbia. If anyone should object, it really shouldn’t be us, the fans of UConn WBB. Perhaps Oregon or Baylor fans have a legitimate beef, but that is for them to express.

As for UConn’s position on hanging banners or other trophies that the team hasn’t earned on the court, my sentiment is embodied by UConn’s celebrations through the years at their 18 Regional Championships when the Huskies don’t cut down the nets in celebration. The simple message whenever UConn WBB wins a Regional Championship is that, “Our work isn’t done yet.”

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I have one question for South Carolina fans-if any other school did this, would you be as supportive of it?

And btw, 99.9% of the SC fans would CRUCIFY other programs if they did this. They're generally a vile bunch on Twitter.

I personally think it's great to celebrate your program and players like how SC has as long as it doesn't come at the expense of other programs. Raising a banner to celebrate a season finishing #1 in the polls I dont see any harm in. That takes nothing away from anyone else. I say props to Dawn/the administration for celebrating the success of their best team in program history. Other programs raise banners for Final Fours and other accomplishments that aren't national championships.

I do have a problem with Dawn claiming they deserved the NC trophy or alluding to that back in March or April. They didn't earn a championship since the tournament wasn't played, and they have a greater stake to be handed the title over any other team. But if we're talking banner only, I dont see any qualms with it.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
So who is number one now? Lville lost, NC State Lost UCLA lost and its SC and UCOnn tomorrow nite.

Well imo the game tomorrow nite showcases the 2 top teams in WCBB and right now the way everybody is playing these are the 2 top teams. To many top teams are loosing and struggling against lesser opponents. UConn isnt. Either way the winner and loser tomorrow nite are 1 and 2 in the rankings.

Reaction Score
Back to the title and subject of this thread - North Carolina State. The only team they have beaten in their last three games is Louseyville. What does that tell you about both teams?

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t care what other people do in their arenas. I honestly wouldn’t care if Oregon put a banner in the rafters. I honestly don’t even care about the banner we just hang, so I’m not sure why other fans are obsessed with it. What the Ducks (or any program) do in their arena is not my concern, it’s for their fans/program.

You can choose whether to believe that or not, but since you asked.. I answered.
It's not about the banner. If Dawn didn't come out saying they should be National Champions nobody would care about the banner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom