Much love to Nika | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Much love to Nika

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nika is an ever-present Badass who has learned how not to foul and refined her 3-point shot. She and Aaliyah bring the attitude we have lacked since Gabby and Kia.

Best wishes to Nika! The Boneyard loves you!! :)

Reaction Score
She was the star of this game before the injury. Disruptive on D and effectively running the offense at the other end. I admit there was a time this season I was concerned she might not have a legit future on this team, especially next year. I'm totally on the Muhl Train now! GET WELL SOON NIKA!!

Well said!! Nika brought the intensity today. Also agree on the concern level at the start of the season. I am over those concerns after watching Nika play. She is a huge game changer. She sets the tone on both ends of the floor. Her defense leads to offense for her and the rest of the players. Get well, Nika!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Having been through it a few times myself, when you sprain an ankle as badly as Nika did, it hurts like hell and your first reaction is fear, thinking you’ve broken it. Once you get the swelling down, it can start to feel better pretty quickly.

I don’t know that we’ll see her tomorrow or the next day, but it would not surprise me if she’s back in a few days.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
She was playing like a real veteran out there today. Great point earlier about learning to play tough defense without fouling. Her growth over two months has been astronomical. What a player.

Reaction Score
umlauts get no respect..lol..good one...
Respect I Tell Ya GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Reaction Score
BTW, Nika has a black eye in her left eye prior to the game start, any idea how that occurred-I am assuming in practice...leads to the credence of her efforts. Best of wishes to her for a speedy recovery.
Rebounding a bowling ball is the latest theory..

Reaction Score
On my iPhone, I just hold down the u and different accents come up.

On my computer, I’d just Google umlauts and copy and paste. ?
On your computer keyboard try holding the key down for similar menu as phone (that’s how my MacBook Air works, anyway)

Reaction Score
Having been through it a few times myself, when you sprain an ankle as badly as Nika did, it hurts like hell and your first reaction is fear, thinking you’ve broken it. Once you get the swelling down, it can start to feel better pretty quickly.

I don’t know that we’ll see her tomorrow or the next day, but it would not surprise me if she’s back in a few days.
I’ve sprained my ankles at least 10 times. In college I learned to get treatment on them as quickly as you can. Makes all the difference. Wonder if the arena there has a training room. An ice whirlpool is the key. Do training rooms still have ice pools? Ice in a bag strapped to the ankle isn’t the same thing.
ICE= Ice, compression, elevation
We need Nika for the NC push. She is playing so well!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You probably have forgotten MoJeff guarding the ND player (McBride?) so intensely the ref had to come over and let MoJeff know that the player was just trying to get to the baseline so she trigger an in-bounds play.

Reaction Score
Hopefully 14 days off will be all she needs...
It depends. If it is a " high ankle " sprain, she is out 4-6 weeks.

And she will be greatly missed. She was looking more and more comfortable each game. A defensive terror.

Injuries can end any great team's season fast. In UCONN's case, we have tremendous depth to help us along. Anna getting her feet back would be a big help, and Geno is starting to like what he is seeing from Mir in practice.

But we can hope. I did see Nika smile and she had a brief exchange with Paige which I imagine was something like this; " You gonna be okay?" Positive nod, in response, from Nika. We'll know more tomorrow.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Get well Nika. You are a terrific player. All the sportscasters pronounce Nika's last name, Muhl, as "Mule." Am I wrong in thinking the correct pronunciation is "Mool?"
Yes you are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom