Much love to Nika | The Boneyard

Much love to Nika

Reaction Score
Sad to see Nika sustain an injury today & hope it is not as bad as it looked.

Coming back to the bench after treatment FS1 showed a close-up and the facial expression was grim.

In my mind no other CT player has the ferocity that Nika brings. She is a highlight reel of energy and tenacity that epitomizes what excellent basketball can be.

Whatever rehab Nika needs going forward she will do it with the love and support of the entire UConn nation.

God bless - hope to see you soon.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
She was the star of this game before the injury. Disruptive on D and effectively running the offense at the other end. I admit there was a time this season I was concerned she might not have a legit future on this team, especially next year. I'm totally on the Mühl Train now! GET WELL SOON NIKA!!

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She was the star of this game before the injury. Disruptive on D and effectively running the offense at the other end. I admit there was a time this season I was concerned she might not have a legit future on this team, especially next year. I'm totally on the Muhl Train now! GET WELL SOON NIKA!!
Agreed!!! She was playing her a%# off before the injury. Sad she got hurt, but glad it was an ankle and not a knee. Ankles heal must faster. Hopefully she’ll be ready for the next tournament in 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
They wont need Nika until the Sweet 16 game at the earliest. It appears she might be ready by then. If Geno even hinted that she might try to play for tomorrow, that means it's not too bad of a sprain.

I've seem much more gruesome ankle twists from stepping on other's feet. Yes, there was a clear twist, but not a worse case scenario.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
BTW, Nika has a black eye in her left eye prior to the game start, any idea how that occurred-I am assuming in practice...leads to the credence of her efforts. Best of wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
Get well Nika. You are a terrific player. All the sportscasters pronounce Nika's last name, Muhl, as "Mule." Am I wrong in thinking the correct pronunciation is "Mool?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom